Kenny Gainwell or Javian Hawkins

lju713

With Ito Smith getting cut, we will need a new scatback. I think the Falcons have shown interest in both. Both can score from anywhere on thr field. Me personally I think Gainwell can be special. If he can get up to 205-208 we have a steal. Think a more durable Norwood. Hawkins is a 1 cut and go, and not too many defenders are gonna catch him. Good in the screen game, and surprisingly is good in pass pro. Which 1 do you think fits AS offense best .....if not both🤯

1 minute ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

If we're talking pure speed, straight line runner, give me Chuba Hubbard. If I have to choose between these 2, Gainwell easily for me. Think he's a bit more shiftier than Hawkins and a more natural pass catcher.

Hubbard's 40 time isn't that fast. I was looking at him as a speed guy too. His game speed certainly looks faster than his actual speed. I believe he's in the 4.5s with every other RB.

If we go that shifty RB route, give me Michael Carter from UNC all day over those two. Gainwell and Hawkins are very similar though. If you want more of a homerun threat, go Hawkins. Gainwell is better all-around, but the more I watch Gainwell, the more he falls down my board. This RB is not that great depth wise. 

8 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Hubbard's 40 time isn't that fast. I was looking at him as a speed guy too. His game speed certainly looks faster than his actual speed. I believe he's in the 4.5s with every other RB.

I think he clocked a 4.36 at his pro day. He ran a 10.55 100 in HS, and that usually translate to 4.3 speed for most if not all. I haven't seen anything correct that to 4.5, and even his highlight runs look more like 4.3 than 4.5 speed.

Just now, Geaux_Falcons said:

I think he clocked a 4.36 at his pro day. He ran a 10.55 100 in HS, and that usually translate to 4.3 speed for most if not all. I haven't seen anything correct that to 4.5, and even his highlight runs look more like 4.3 than 4.5 speed.

4.48 on April 4th. That's not too bad.

7 hours ago, celtiksage said:

4.48 on April 4th. That's not too bad.

I saw that too, but it was on a Steeler's site, and I'm not sure what they're referencing that from. Everything I have seen says 4.36 at the pro day on April 1st. Like I mentioned, 10.55 in the 100, so he's probably closer to that 4.36 than 4.48, which is basically 4.50.

7 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Wonder why he's ranked so low, because that's really fast for a guy his size. Maybe AS and TF have a bead on him and are keeping it on the down low. 😅

May not be a 3 down back. Hands are suspect, but not terrible, brick hands. Wasn't something he was really asked to do often, so guess we really don't know for sure how good he can be as a pass catcher. Pass pro not the best, but he has a solid frame and put up 20 reps at his pro day.

His issues are more correctable, so he may just end up a steal because of his uncertainties.

8 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Well I suspect he's moved up the rankings recently with speed like that. 

Well right now, his hands concerns will be a thing teams will look at too much. I mean I wouldn't but Kenneth Gainwell does offer surefire hands and speed to boot. Not chuba fast, but he's close. I guess he could still get as high as round 3, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's a 5th round guy. I think he's a 4th round back for sure.