14 minutes ago, insight said:

This move is super baffling, why not cut him before pre-season you never know who is going to get injured in camp or before the season. Questionable move. 

Nah, he was replaceable and his cap savings (900k) offset Patterson's larger salary.  Ito was the wrong size and skillset for our running scheme.  

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a business, thank you for your service, blahblah hope you do well on another team. Glad they're trimming the fat. Only saves ~400k but it shows they're probably looking at RBs in the draft.

Won't need him after we draft Harris or Etienne 😉

why would you cut Gage?  he is one of our young budding/developing players - thought he was really good last year.

50 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I see you @Knight of Godyou know I hate “fandom” garbage. It goes on and on. Sick of it. Like you. 

We are signing guys that are true JAGs but not these WTH type players. I got sick of the yearly lollipop guild Backyardigans showing up and the whole fandom is hyped. 

Today we got two players in Patterson and Harmon, no fanfare, but both have been career playmakers.

Just now, Knight of God said:

We are signing guys that are true JAGs but not these WTH type players. I got sick of the yearly lollipop guild Backyardigans showing up and the whole fandom is hyped. 

Today we got two players in Patterson and Harmon, no fanfare, but both have been career playmakers.

I believe that too brother. That’s what I’m saying. Let’s find out. You know. The truth is in the performance. NFL baby. 

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I don’t want to be just a “fan” anymore. Did that my whole life in the ATL. Not doing that anymore. I want rest as FFS wants 

29 minutes ago, Beef said:

AS had a 6’3 245lb RB who just lead the league in rushing 2 straight years and effectively took his team to the SB on his back.

AS likes em big.  That’s all this is.

I honestly think we are going after Najee now too. Either at 35 or maybe even moving up to get him at the back of the first round.  Or, if we trade back into the 20’s, maybe we get him there.

AS has openly admitted that Derek Henry was by far the biggest reason Tennessee went to the SB.  I think he wants that kind of RB again. And the closest thing to him is Harris. And he’s going to be drafted somewhere between 25-35. Won’t last past that, won’t go before. Perfect fit for our offense.

When did Titans go to SB? AS said he doesn’t need a big back and brought up Cleveland RBBC. I think with Mike Davis, Falcons most likely will be RBBC.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Lto never flashes tho. He has gotten opportunities at this point and has proven pedestrian...and that's when he can stay healthy. I'm almost positive that it was 990k saved. I think it signals we like this rb class. No way do we roll with davis and ollie.

Agree to disagree, I thought he flashed more than Gurley this season. 

If it's that much money it it makes sense, probably needed it for the new guys.  The salary cap is a huge issue, normally you wouldn't make this move until after training camp starts.  

40 minutes ago, Beef said:

AS had a 6’3 245lb RB who just lead the league in rushing 2 straight years and effectively took his team to the SB on his back.

AS likes em big.  That’s all this is.

I honestly think we are going after Najee now too. Either at 35 or maybe even moving up to get him at the back of the first round.  Or, if we trade back into the 20’s, maybe we get him there.

AS has openly admitted that Derek Henry was by far the biggest reason Tennessee went to the SB.  I think he wants that kind of RB again. And the closest thing to him is Harris. And he’s going to be drafted somewhere between 25-35. Won’t last past that, won’t go before. Perfect fit for our offense.

I think AS just likes running backs that can actually get yards.  Guys like Hill, Smith, Gurley and Ollison ARE OUT

45 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

When did Titans go to SB? AS said he doesn’t need a big back and brought up Cleveland RBBC. I think with Mike Davis, Falcons most likely will be RBBC.

My bad. I meant conference championship. Just a brain fart.

As J Dave said: "But it does mean the new regime is not seeing things the same way as the old regime."

That alone makes me Optimistic about the Draft. Ito's presence seemed an indictment of the former regime's ability to create a potent running attack.

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Cutting Ito smith  saves 750 K with 155 K dead cap. TF must have needed that to sign new players. Looks like TF snd AS have a cap cutting list. They are just going through it as they find  new FA to sign.

Clearly a plan in place.  💯

15 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Didn't he have a neck injury at some point? He might have been the least crappy back last year, but that's not saying much. Maybe Ollison will actually get a look in preseason, but agree with others we are drafting one and will probably have 2-3 come in as UFA's as well.

He was pretty solid. Some games he had 4+ YPC. Not great, but not bad.

Also, side note- Nice Profile picture. You have good taste.

29 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

He was pretty solid. Some games he had 4+ YPC. Not great, but not bad.

Also, side note- Nice Profile picture. You have good taste.

Thanks! I've seen them live like 3 times - once with Billy Talent and Rancid in Vegas, that show was so awesome.

13 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I'm excited about Harmon mainly because I want 4 solid guys back there.  There's stills space for a young fast playmaking FS, but we'd have a good safety room with that.  And we're passable now without it.

Patterson is more confusing to me.  He's a kick returner and good at that.  But he's so straightline, I've been wondering how they're planning on deploying him.  He doesn't have any evasiveness.  You have any notions on where you see him?  He might be able to be a 1 cut runner if it's just 1 cut then get your head down.

I'm good either way because it's good to see some change.  But I'm definitely curious what they're planning for Cordarelle.

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I'm excited about Harmon mainly because I want 4 solid guys back there.  There's stills space for a young fast playmaking FS, but we'd have a good safety room with that.  And we're passable now without it.

Patterson is more confusing to me.  He's a kick returner and good at that.  But he's so straightline, I've been wondering how they're planning on deploying him.  He doesn't have any evasiveness.  You have any notions on where you see him?  He might be able to be a 1 cut runner if it's just 1 cut then get your head down.

I'm good either way because it's good to see some change.  But I'm definitely curious what they're planning for Cordarelle.

He's similar to Ty Montgomery. He can line up in the back field. Present problems back there or put him out at WR. Kick Return. He's something we really don't have. And to say he's not evasive is funny to me. He sheds tackles and he returns kicks to the house. Why not pick him up?

16 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Hes straightline and that's basically what you want in a one cut running system. All of that spinning is unnecessary and Patterson evades in another way, be runs through arm tackles and fights for yardage. Hes not some small speed returner. Hes a vision guy with size and power. Just shy of 6'3" 220lbs. 

Just now, Knight of God said:

Hes straightline and that's basically what you want in a one cut running system. All of that spinning is unnecessary and Patterson evades in another way, be runs through arm tackles and fights for yardage. Hes not some small speed returner. Hes a vision guy with size and power. Just shy of 6'3" 220lbs. 

That's what I was curious about...I haven't seen him run enough.  Coleman really had no shiftiness and he did pretty well in the 1 cut system.  And I know Cord busts through arm tackles.  Just wanted to make sure he can do that 1 cut.  You can nearly have an olympic sprinter back at kick return and it be fine.  But then that guy can't play any other position in the NFL, because so much requires hips.

But if he can make the 1 cut, great.  We can get a more elusive guy in the 4th round to compliment our 2 straight ahead guys.  And yeah, even with elusive, we don't need any dancers.  Just a guy who can move out of the way enough once he gets past the LBs to make a safety miss.

12 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Patterson is almost 240 now. He's julio sized.