Ito Smith Released

It's a business, thank you for your service, blahblah hope you do well on another team.

Glad they're trimming the fat. Only saves ~400k but it shows they're probably looking at RBs in the draft. Not happy with JAGs who bring nothing special to the table (even availability) anymore.

Just now, celtiksage said:

Almost no dead cap and saves 900k. I'm watching for guys like Gage and Oliver to be in this mix also. I think Gage brings a bit more production on 3rd down though, but time will tell.

These guys cost almost nothing in dead money and save 2mill. 

If gage gets cut that signals either our slot guy will be Patterson or we plan to get a pass catcher some point in the draft

3 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

If gage gets cut that signals either our slot guy will be Patterson or we plan to get a pass catcher some point in the draft

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Gage is traded/cut. They have to  believe that CP will be playing fairly regularly at $3 mil. 

7 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Almost no dead cap and saves 900k. I'm watching for guys like Gage and Oliver to be in this mix also. I think Gage brings a bit more production on 3rd down though, but time will tell.

These guys cost almost nothing in dead money and save 2mill. 

Trimming off replaceables.