Falcons sign S Duron Harmon and Multi-tool WR/KR/RB Cordarrelle Patterson

I really like both of these signings. Harmon was well regarded as a defender, and brings a true deep safety, with a veteran voice to the team. Never anticipated we had him in our sights. 

Patterson is a versatile offensive weapon, and of course one of the best returners. Something we have lacked for a while. These are the moves I would definitely say TD lacked, and Erik Harris will hopefully be an underrated addition.

7 hours ago, isproab said:

I can agree. Josh Andrews and Mike Davis I think will help and be upgrades. Defensively, I'm not feeling good about our safety situation or DL. 

Patterson, we will see if he can add anything at this point and be more than a body. 

You feel good about Josh Andrews but not feel good about Harmon??? I am missing something here..

7 hours ago, isproab said:

I can agree. Josh Andrews and Mike Davis I think will help and be upgrades. Defensively, I'm not feeling good about our safety situation or DL. 

Patterson, we will see if he can add anything at this point and be more than a body. 

You really have no clue what you’re talking about

1 hour ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Now that I've had all day to soak in these FA signings I am convinced Fontenot brought some sort of black magic with him from New Orleans. Both of these players have the potential to make crazy great impact on the 2021 season. It was a good day for our front office. 

Fontenot has grafted the falcons onto his money tree. I hope it flourishes. 

On 4/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Full homer because I quoted PFF and saw him play (with NE admittedly)? 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-top-25-safeties-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

No. 23

Unless he falls off a cliff he's easily the best over the top safety we've had in a long time. He has been a top 20-30 safety in the league since his rookie season.

Agree with all this, but you were talking like he was a top 3-5 safety in the NFL.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:47 AM, SoCalFalconFan said:

Now that I've had all day to soak in these FA signings I am convinced Fontenot brought some sort of black magic with him from New Orleans. Both of these players have the potential to make crazy great impact on the 2021 season. It was a good day for our front office. 

Bayou Voodoo being worked.

This is phenomenal for draft purposes. 

We now have two solid maybe not great safeties but they can hold their own, we've added quality depth across the board, a solid runner in Davis And now have a kick returner and emergency RB in Patterson. The plan is definitely to look BPA thus draft. They stuck to the plan fill needs in FA address getting more talent in the draft.

Edited by #84