Falcons sign S Duron Harmon and Multi-tool WR/KR/RB Cordarrelle Patterson

2 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

Anougher good  reason. We need someone thats been there and done it. He is a three-time Super Bowl champion (XLIX, LI, LIII).  Changing culture.

Important point brother.  Culture change.  Bring in hungry folks with a salty azzed chip on their shoulders or who have done it all before.  Great point.

36 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I'm not calling Harmon an allstar but you really don't think he's better than Kazee and Rico?

Seems like he would be better rotating in as a 3rd safety. Don't know how he works as a starter. That's why I'm hoping the team can draft a safety. 

28 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Patterson has lead the nfl in kick return yards and has been an all pro the last two years. Just lmao at 'just a body'

Returns are what he does well. I just hope he works out. The last returner we got to give us a shot in the arm didn't work out. Everybody is different, hoping for better fortune. 

6 minutes ago, isproab said:

Seems like he would be better rotating in as a 3rd safety. Don't know how he works as a starter. That's why I'm hoping the team can draft a safety. 

Far as I know, he's never been a backup since winning the job originally with the Patriots. Maybe you're thinking of someone else? I'm also hoping they draft a safety, but this was a really good move imho.

Just now, thanat0s said:

Harmon/Harris could be our guys this year at safety. I think they'll bring some competence to the job.

Attitude.  There is a cultural change happening.  LOVE IT.  It's time for Falcons to punch people in the mouth and have the confidence to stand up and know they can win every game.  It's starts with culture.  So far, H3LLS YES!!!!!

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

If they can just hold out and play like they have in the past ,  This will be great pick ups.  A little long in the tooth is all I'm a little concerned with.

I like wiley vets myself. Every time I see some team with just awful players at a certain position, and I know there's an old ex-all pro or pro bowl player looking for work, I think, why don't you sign that guy?

At least he has the brains to be a difference maker, even if his body can't quite do it like it could in his prime.

2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I like wiley vets myself. Every time I see some team with just awful players at a certain position, and I know there's an old ex-all pro or pro bowl player looking for work, I think, why don't you sign that guy?

At least he has the brains to be a difference maker, even if his body can't quite do it like it could in his prime.

@TheShadow made a great point earlier.  The culture is being changed.  I like it.  I'll take a vet who's been around the block over the splash anytime.  We are getting really lunchpail here.  I'm loving this.

15 minutes ago, isproab said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around you thinking Cordarrelle Patterson is JAG and Harmon would be a 3rd safety.

Harmon is one of the best safeties in the league.

Patterson is an almost lock for HoF as a returner and is a utility guy on par with Sanu in many respects. 

Do you know anything about the folks you're commenting on? Like anything at all? I don't keep up with those guys but I still knew they were fantastic players. 

7 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

@TheShadow made a great point earlier.  The culture is being changed.  I like it.  I'll take a vet who's been around the block over the splash anytime.  We are getting really lunchpail here.  I'm loving this.

As opposed to Quinn and his garbage pail approach. 😄

4 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around you thinking Cordarrelle Patterson is JAG and Harmon would be a 3rd safety.

Patterson is an almost lock for HoF as a returner and is a utility guy on par with Sanu in many respects. 

Do you know anything about the folks you're commenting on? Like anything at all? I don't keep up with those guys but I still knew they were fantastic players. 

Wow. If he went full pessimist, you went full Homer. 

See reasonable sentiments above. 

13 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Let's not go overboard. 

31 minutes ago, isproab said:

I would also still like to see a safety or two in the draft, but Harmon's probably going to be our best safety this year, at least.

2 hours ago, nuccah said:

Wow. If he went full pessimist, you went full Homer. 

See reasonable sentiments above. 

Full homer because I quoted PFF and saw him play (with NE admittedly)? 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-top-25-safeties-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

No. 23

2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Let's not go overboard. 

I would also still like to see a safety or two in the draft, but Harmon's probably going to be our best safety this year, at least.

Unless he falls off a cliff he's easily the best over the top safety we've had in a long time. He has been a top 20-30 safety in the league since his rookie season.