Falcons sign S Duron Harmon and Multi-tool WR/KR/RB Cordarrelle Patterson

6 minutes ago, isproab said:

Cool, let's promise to make this a favorite and revisit later this year. If I'm wrong, I will own it. 

I'm always down to eat crow if I'm wrong.

But if I'm wrong it means we sucked in 2021 and that's not a good thing.

Soo....

4 minutes ago, nuccah said:

Opened a topic to get some feel for Harmon on the Lions reddit. 

Considering they lost one of their only decent defenders I'm pretty sure they aren't happy. 

Maybe not as pissed as Bears fans that we took ANOTHER HoF returner from them... but lol. 

25 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Role players are the secret sauce to winning championships. Stars cannot do it alone. 

I can agree. Josh Andrews and Mike Davis I think will help and be upgrades. Defensively, I'm not feeling good about our safety situation or DL. 

Patterson, we will see if he can add anything at this point and be more than a body. 

12 minutes ago, isproab said:

I think I have a pretty good idea of what good players look like. I'm just saying, not an improvement over what we had. Given the cap, it's understandable. Nothing wrong with having hope, but I don't see top 6 in the conference talent. Just like a team that may be going with Sam Darnold at QB, better them than me, horrible position to be in. 

It's a good thing TF is our GM. 🙏

Thomas, is that you?

1 minute ago, isproab said:

I can agree. Josh Andrews and Mike Davis I think will help and be upgrades. Defensively, I'm not feeling good about our safety situation or DL. 

Patterson, we will see if he can add anything at this point and be more than a body. 

Bro, do yourself this favor... go to youtube and watch Patterson's 2020 highlights. You will be giddy when you get to the end of the video. ;)

1 hour ago, 408Falcon said:

Juiced on both of these pick ups! 

Ithas always been a mystery to me why we are one of the few teams to have a threat to take a KO back all the way, instead of someone who just FC the ball or just runs straight ahead for 15 yards.  We haven't had a serious KR since Devin Hester.  I hope Corderelle can be that threat.

1 hour ago, Mescalito said:

I love how Fontenot is quietly plugging holes to where we aren't overwhelmed with needs going into the draft.  It would be nice to truly have a BPA approach in the draft and not feel kinda guilty about it.

I feel the same way about these signings , but what about the salary cap.  Is another contract restructuring in the offing ?  Julio ?

Just now, Hard Case said:

I feel the same way about these signings , but what about the salary cap.  Is another contract restructuring in the offing ?  Julio ?

I've gotten to the point of "who cares?" That crap gives me a headache. Math always has. I'm just trusting those pros to get it done. I'm feeling pretty stoked about the Terry Fontenot hire right now. 

19 minutes ago, isproab said:

Patterson has lead the nfl in kick return yards and has been an all pro the last two years. Just lmao at 'just a body'

1 hour ago, autigerfan said:

Harmon seems very solid and should hold down one of the safety spots.  I am a little surprised we opened up the wallet for Patterson as it was reported he received $3M which seems rich for a returner only.  Perhaps AS has visions of getting him more involved on the offensive side. 

Might see him some as a WR, but not so much as a RB.

1 hour ago, jfalconsp said:

Not familiar with Harmon but judging by the reactions I should be pleased. Any safety help is welcome at this point leading into the draft.

I just know he was on the Patriots defense for forever. Same defense that was always top 5. Defense that took Julio out the Superbowl. 

23 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

Ithas always been a mystery to me why we are one of the few teams to have a threat to take a KO back all the way, instead of someone who just FC the ball or just runs straight ahead for 15 yards.  We haven't had a serious KR since Devin Hester.  I hope Corderelle can be that threat.

Check out his track record. Dude is a ST beast. He is a little older now, but had a stellar year last year. I wish we gave him more than one year, but hey it's better than nothing next year lol

58 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Duron Harmon + Erik Harris + Fabian Moreau just solidified our backfield. 

TF is putting in work. 

Swriously, from swiss cheese to pretty good.  Moreau is the X factor to me.  With Hawkins as a young backup and perhaps mid-season starter, we just got better.  Nice.

1 hour ago, nuccah said:

Love both of these, but especially the Harmon signing. I would bet money he will be our starting SS this year. 

Pff's top safeties heading into last season:

23. DURON HARMON, DETROIT LIONS

Offseason additions like Harmon are the reason I think there’s a decent chance this Lions defense should look better this season than it did last year despite losing Darius Slay at cornerback. He’s been an important and reliable piece of a very good Patriots’ secondary for years, playing 500-plus snaps and grading at 68.0 or higher in each of the past five seasons. Harmon has also shown a knack for making timely big plays. His eight fourth-quarter interceptions since 2015 are more than any other safety

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-top-25-safeties-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Anougher good  reason. We need someone thats been there and done it. He is a three-time Super Bowl champion (XLIX, LI, LIII).  Changing culture.