Falcons sign S Duron Harmon and Multi-tool WR/KR/RB Cordarrelle Patterson

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

atlantafalcons.com These are both solid pickups.    Falcons Sign Duron Harmon and Cordarrelle Patterson Apr 15, 2021 at 11:25 AM

Good ****. Got our returner and a likely starter at safety. I like Harmon more than Vaccaro at least, and Pees did fine work with the latter

The Harmon signing sure came out of left Fields. 

Posted Images

Just now, nuccah said:

To be fair, sounds like Bears fan wish he was exactly just that. 

Listening to them, he is an elite return man (and from the few games I've seen, he has that spark on KRs that make you avoid giving him the opportunity). However, they hated how he was used on offense. 

Meh, I trust Arthur Smith.  And I don't think they paid him $3 million to just return kicks, good as he is.  The new rules don't really incentivize returns.

6 minutes ago, isproab said:

It's clear to me we are going to suck. Unless we have a stellar class of rookies. Falcons are signing role players to fill spots and starters. 

I know the cap situation is not the best. I just recall a poster or two thinking we will be a 9,10 win team in 2021. I'm not even going to say 8-8 at this point. Draft has to be really good and cover a lot of holes with rookies that can produce. 

Training camp hasnt even happened yet and youre throwing in the towel already by saying we are going to suck. Geez dude this is why I hate some of our fans. Debby downers I swear. 

6 minutes ago, isproab said:

It's clear to me we are going to suck. Unless we have a stellar class of rookies. Falcons are signing role players to fill spots and starters. 

I know the cap situation is not the best. I just recall a poster or two thinking we will be a 9,10 win team in 2021. I'm not even going to say 8-8 at this point. Draft has to be really good and cover a lot of holes with rookies that can produce. 

Role players are the secret sauce to winning championships. Stars cannot do it alone. 

3 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

Training camp hasnt even happened yet and youre throwing in the towel already by saying we are going to suck. Geez dude this is why I hate some of our fans. Debby downers I swear. 

The prevailing fairweather view "If no one has heard of them they have to suck."  I trust Fontenot to evaluate pro talent.  It was his role with the Saints.

5 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Harris is more of the SS. Harmon is more of the FS. 

That is correct going from their skill sets.

I’m not sure why Raiders used Harris as a single high safety in a cover 1, but he’s a big boy at 6’2” and 220lbs and doesn’t have great range so an awful fit. He’s super smart, reads and reacts well and can thump in the box which I’m sure is how Pees intends on using him the majority of snaps.

Pees will change these guys around to disguise coverages however, so the fact Harris can play high on some snaps even with it not being a great fit is a plus for our defense.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Meh, I trust Arthur Smith.  And I don't think they paid him $3 million to just return kicks, good as he is.  The new rules don't really incentivize returns.

For his ability to return kicks? I can understand $3m. I just hope we don't try to get cute, but as far as I know about AS, it's not his style so I'll trust him.

7 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Role players are the secret sauce to winning championships. Stars cannot do it alone. 

Yep, the teams that win Super Bowls typically have quality depth and capable role players. 

It is difficult having to read comments of those who always scream sky if falling when we sign role players or quality backups to fill rosters spots. Anything less that a player capable of highlight reels and big plays is panned by them.  

18 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Even though I don't think he will get as many touches as you do he can and will definitely contribute on offense

He's a guy whose value is greater than his production just by the way he effects play calling and stresses defenses out without even touching the ball. 

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Look! A Free Safety!

We finally got one bro! Lol

23 minutes ago, isproab said:

It's impressive how wrong you are at every level. 

9 minutes ago, nuccah said:

For his ability to return kicks? I can understand $3m. I just hope we don't try to get cute, but as far as I know about AS, it's not his style so I'll trust him.

If I remember correctly we paid Hester ~$3m (might have been a 2yr contract?) but Patterson has more utility. 

12 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

I think I have a pretty good idea of what good players look like. I'm just saying, not an improvement over what we had. Given the cap, it's understandable. Nothing wrong with having hope, but I don't see top 6 in the conference talent. Just like a team that may be going with Sam Darnold at QB, better them than me, horrible position to be in. 

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

That is correct going from their skill sets.

I’m not sure why Raiders used Harris as a single high safety in a cover 1, but he’s a big boy at 6’2” and 220lbs and doesn’t have great range so an awful fit. He’s super smart, reads and reacts well and can thump in the box which I’m sure is how Pees intends on using him the majority of snaps.

Pees will change these guys around to disguise coverages however, so the fact Harris can play high on some snaps even with it not being a great fit is a plus for our defense.

He is a top 10 coverage safety when closer to the box. Harris could come in and match Keanu's level of play last season.

3 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

He's a guy whose value is greater than his production just by the way he effects play calling and stresses defenses out without even touching the ball. 

Right. He opens up the playbook and allows for more gadgets on offense. He'll get about four touches on offense, but he'll put the defense on its heels for 10+ plays.

That's the benefit of having a dude who is all but impossible to tackle in the open field. In his own way, Patterson is every bit the football deity that Julio is. I'm drooling at the thought of plays we could run with them lined up together.

16 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I see him being used similar to the way Shanahan used Tevin Coleman to create confusion in the backfield.  Lining up at reciever and motioning into the backfield and vice versa.

Sprinkle a little bit of the Taylor Gabriel screen game in there as well.