Justin Fields throws from 2nd proday

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It wouldn't surprise me at all. All the shade thrown his way for weeks has been exposed as BS.

Warren Sapps diet and skin care routine have left him pretty much unrecognizable.      Still has a good point though. 

He has world class tools, no doubt about it.  He was my QB2 from the start of the offseason and I haven't wavered from that at all.  My knock on Wilson is he's small and has an injury history and yet

1 hour ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

These comments would drop him way down my draft board. This guy's heart isn't really in it. He might get paid and walk after just a few years.

Talent is great but if you're not driven to be the best and think it's just a 9 to 5 job you end up never realizing your full potential.

I haven't read the interview but I'm okay with what he said. Sometimes, things read differently from when they're said. You can't put inflection into a quote. The fact that Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence were the two most influential voices in the Let Us Play campaign says enough about how much they want to play. They weren't just proponents of having a season, they were outspoken pains in the *** of people who thought it should be shut down.

And they were the two most high profile players for the next draft. If they didn't love the game, they'd sign with agents and wait for the checks to start coming in. I have no problem with either player. Personally, I think Fields has a better chance to find himself in the optimal situation. Lawrence is the first real piece in Jacksonville's rebuild and Fields can be the last piece in New England, Washington, Carolina, Denver or MInnesota.

1 minute ago, Cole World said:

My bad I thought you were more of a Zach Wilson guy.

I am, but really like Fields and Lance too. Us QB guys have been persecuted like it's the crusades around here...lol.

Think Fields goes 3, but if he is there at 4, he is my guy unless Wilson somehow is available. Love all 4 of these guys, which is ironic because I'm not a Mac Jones fan in the least.

16 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Curse of RG3. His dad traded the house and got fired. 

His dad didn't want RG3, he wanted Kirk Cousins which is why he drafted him. Dan Snyder was in love with RG3 and so drafting RG3 was fait accompli for Mike.  This is my hometown team and the news around here at the time was very well known. 

Former Washington coach Mike Shanahan now says he never wanted to trade up for Robert Griffin III in the 2012 NFL draft — an easy claim to make now, and one Shanahan was slow to make publicly.

In an interview with TheUndefeated.com, Shanahan says that after the 2012 draft, owner Dan Snyder called the team’s minority owners together to celebrate, but that Shanahan himself wasn’t in a celebratory mood because he thought the team had just mortgaged its future for a quarterback who wasn’t up to the task.

“Dan knew I wasn’t very happy about what we did, but he wanted everybody to celebrate how smart we were, so we jumped on his plane and met the other owners on his yacht,” Shanahan said. “Everyone was celebrating. I just didn’t think it was very smart to give up that much for a guy who we didn’t even know if he could drop back and throw. When I finally sat down with Dan, I said, ‘Hey, you own the team. We can work with him and do some things. But we haven’t seen anything on tape that warrants giving [up] this type of compensation.’ To me, it was absolutely crazy.”

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

His dad didn't want RG3, he wanted Kirk Cousins which is why he drafted him. Dan Snyder was in love with RG3 and so drafting RG3 was fait accompli for Mike.  This is my hometown team and the news around here at the time was very well known. 

Former Washington coach Mike Shanahan now says he never wanted to trade up for Robert Griffin III in the 2012 NFL draft — an easy claim to make now, and one Shanahan was slow to make publicly.

In an interview with TheUndefeated.com, Shanahan says that after the 2012 draft, owner Dan Snyder called the team’s minority owners together to celebrate, but that Shanahan himself wasn’t in a celebratory mood because he thought the team had just mortgaged its future for a quarterback who wasn’t up to the task.

“Dan knew I wasn’t very happy about what we did, but he wanted everybody to celebrate how smart we were, so we jumped on his plane and met the other owners on his yacht,” Shanahan said. “Everyone was celebrating. I just didn’t think it was very smart to give up that much for a guy who we didn’t even know if he could drop back and throw. When I finally sat down with Dan, I said, ‘Hey, you own the team. We can work with him and do some things. But we haven’t seen anything on tape that warrants giving [up] this type of compensation.’ To me, it was absolutely crazy.”

I know that and that may be one of the reasons fields may not be the pick in SF. My point was owner or not he did select and go with RG3 and lost his job. Would Shanny pick Fields or some one else? Fields play style is injury prone in NFL. 

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I know that and that may be one of the reasons fields may not be the pick in SF. My point was owner or not he did select and go with RG3 and lost his job. Would Shanny pick Fields or some one else? Fields play style is injury prone in NFL. 

He was forced to do it. Many pundits in our DC area felt he would lose his job if he didn't select him, that's a big difference.  He had no choice. 

16 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

His first work out was way more impressive than this clip.. And much more complicated also.. I'd say SF will take him if he don't go with the 2nd pick.. I'd be shocked if he makes it to 3.

omg now after a recent pro he is the 2nd pick you guys are hilarious if wilson had another pro day he would be back at 2 this is so funny lol

16 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

I am, but really like Fields and Lance too. Us QB guys have been persecuted like it's the crusades around here...lol.

Think Fields goes 3, but if he is there at 4, he is my guy unless Wilson somehow is available. Love all 4 of these guys, which is ironic because I'm not a Mac Jones fan in the least.

LITERALLY...