Favorite FA signing so far?

38 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

I think he is going to be the one that surprises people

Our secondary suddenly got less terrible. Holes filled, decent to solid starter potential.  Add a draft, a couple more free agents and we are cooking with Kerosene.

43 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm not super familiar with many of our FA signings.  After a bit of research, I'm finding that these guys may not be world beaters (except for Patterson), but each can help us.  They are better than what we had, and fill an immediate need.  

The Fontification of the franchise's culture is in full swing.  I'm liking it so far.  

Only one world beater in this division, and thats Julio 

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Our secondary suddenly got less terrible. Holes filled, decent to solid starter potential.  Add a draft, a couple more free agents and we are cooking with Kerosene.

While the players in the secondary seemed to have improved. Our line has stayed stagnant. Right now it looks like our starters are Fowler, Davison, Jarrett, JTM. This not good and I don’t think the LOB could succeed with that line.

Just now, Captain Insano said:

While the players in the secondary seemed to have improved. Our line has stayed stagnant. Right now it looks like our starters are Fowler, Davison, Jarrett, JTM. This not good and I don’t think the LOB could succeed with that line.

Give it time.  These guys are working minor miracles.  We have time, further FA and the draft to go.

11 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Give it time.  These guys are working minor miracles.  We have time, further FA and the draft to go.

I was really hoping for Aldon Smith as a low risk, high reward type guy but the Seahawks swooped him up. Maybe Justin Houston now?

17 hours ago, Captain Insano said:

I was really hoping for Aldon Smith as a low risk, high reward type guy but the Seahawks swooped him up. Maybe Justin Houston now?

Honestly, doubt it.  I'm not sure who we'd bring in, but Houston is getting decent interest.  Cleveland was the only name I saw.  I guess we shall see!

On 4/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Fabian Moreau, Jon Bullard, both have huge upside; they didn't quite live up to their potential but they could here under a good DC and HC. 

Erik Harris is an underrated journeyman who could stick on. 

let's relax with the word huge. They are stopgap players as scheme fits. Never will be a pro bowler. Solid upside, not huge.

13 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Cheap, and replaceable.  It's happening piece by piece.

Problem is based on their play for us what you replace them with won't be as good.  Denard is a legit top 32 CB in this league and the #1 or 2 NB in the league based on PFF's numbers the last 4 or 5 years.  He should have been making way more money than we gave him last year we lucked into that.    Blidi also has played above avg for us when he was pushed into starting bc of injuries. 

I wouldn't replace someone just to replace them unless i can upgrade them for sure and of whats available in FA right now i don't see it happening nor available for the price we would have to pay. 

Maybe in the draft we could do it but even then it would be very hard to upgrade Denard with any pick outside of a Surtain, Farley, Horn, Stokes or a 1st 2 round pick.  But to me they would be CB2 and not replacing Denard but adding to it and upgrading the entire position.

I actually like all of them. Patterson, Harmon, Bullard, and Moreau stand out the most for me. 

Patterson gives us a lot in terms of depth, return man, and gadgetry. 

Harmon is the vet DB we needed to go with our young guys we already have, plus the additions.

Bullard represents what Pees wants on his D line.

Moreau might end up being the best player from this lot overall. Particularly in the slot. Even better if he can play outside, and let Oliver continue to be the slot guy.

12 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Problem is based on their play for us what you replace them with won't be as good.  Denard is a legit top 32 CB in this league and the #1 or 2 NB in the league based on PFF's numbers the last 4 or 5 years.  He should have been making way more money than we gave him last year we lucked into that.    Blidi also has played above avg for us when he was pushed into starting bc of injuries. 

I wouldn't replace someone just to replace them unless i can upgrade them for sure and of whats available in FA right now i don't see it happening nor available for the price we would have to pay. 

Maybe in the draft we could do it but even then it would be very hard to upgrade Denard with any pick outside of a Surtain, Farley, Horn, Stokes or a 1st 2 round pick.  But to me they would be CB2 and not replacing Denard but adding to it and upgrading the entire position.

Weirdly, Dennard still hasn't signed anywhere.  I wonder what's up with that?

4 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I actually like all of them. Patterson, Harmon, Bullard, and Moreau stand out the most for me. 

Patterson gives us a lot in terms of depth, return man, and gadgetry. 

Harmon is the vet DB we needed to go with our young guys we already have, plus the additions.

Bullard represents what Pees wants on his D line.

Moreau might end up being the best player from this lot overall. Particularly in the slot. Even better if he can play outside, and let Oliver continue to be the slot guy.

Totally agree with this.  Nothing spectacular, but solid selections.

9 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Weirdly, Dennard still hasn't signed anywhere.  I wonder what's up with that?

It was extremely weird last year to didn't we get him like a week or 2 before the season started or right around OTA's.  He was on the open market forever and then we signed him for like under a million dollars.  Which for him is dirt cheap and to me his play through the years and even for us last year before injury was well worth more than 1 mil.    It really is confusing how he is getting treated because it seems teammates and coaches love him and talk very highly of him all the time.