I heard no QB's are coming out next year...

So, I will get back to the original point of my post: If we are going to trade back, who is the team that is going to give us a #1 next year AND will be bad enough that their #1 will be a top 10 draft pick. If we make a trade with them, we can get additional picks this year and add serious talent to our defense. Then next year, when it's more realistic to be looking for a QB, we can bundle picks to trade up. I hope we do this...we need serious help on defense.

Sam Howell will most likely exit into the draft after next season.  As it stands today Trevor Lawrence has no remaining ACC records that Howell can't reach by next year or hasn't already surpassed.  He is by a mile the best quarterback in college going into the 21 season.  And I can't wait to see him on Sundays.  

But no way we are in a position to pick him next year.  We got some games to win!

On 4/14/2021 at 1:14 PM, g-dawg said:

There might be a few decent ones.  The UNC Qb and Spencer Rattler from Oklahoma.

However, all 4 of Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance would be QB1 if they were in the 2022 class.

In 2018, Joe Burrow was nothing more than an average QB that would've been a day 2 pick at best if he declared. In 2019, Zach Wilson was completely unknown and fighting for a starting spot at BYU. At the same time, Mac Jones was a back up QB with a whole 102 completions to his name. 

Point is, we don't know who will be who in 2022. 

On 4/14/2021 at 12:44 PM, Jesus said:

With the devaluation of running backs and the lack of QBs ever coming out of college ever again, the league might be moving to centers hiking to receivers and tight ends.

So what you're saying is draft Pitts...

😅

Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, Kedon Slovis, Desmond Ridder are among the many coming out. I like Howell, but the ball just explodes off of Rattlers hands. Dude flicks hist wrist, and the ball goes on a rope. Rattler could've went top 3 in this draft. Howell would've been right there. Slovis is no slouch, and Ridder is better than Jones.  We haven't even gotten to the likes of JT Daniels, Matt Corral, or Tyler Shough.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:01 PM, KRUNKuno said:

Pass me whatever you’re smoking.  

Sam Howell is a slightly better version of Trubisky.  I do not get the hype around him at all.  

The only way you could think that is that you haven't actually watched them play. They are almost nothing alike. From height to build to experience. Howell throws one of the best deep balls I've ever seen while Trubisky's accuracy on deeps balls was inconsistent. I don't know if Howell will become a franchise quarterback, but I do know that if he isn't one it won't be because he's similar to Trubisky.

I think my favorite thing about every single draft as far as QB's go is this time last year almost no one had Wilson, Mac, or Lance in the top 10.  Lawrence and Fields were legit top 3 guys you can't miss on and Wilson has now supposedly jumped Fields and Lance might have as well without even playing a season. 

Just like this year and like every year someone will have a solid to above avg season or a bad season and will be crapped on or praised and their stock will rocket one way or another.  Usually for QB's it rockets upwards as they force the position to be a top 5 to 10 pick when in reality the kid isn't worthy of that pick talent wise but it's QB so crap teams have to have one and they overdraft em.    Next year you will see guys that are fringe 15 to 32 guys or 2nd round guys vault into the top 5 to 10 of next years class when you wouldn't even touch them right now it happens every year. 

There might be a few decent ones.  The UNC Qb and Spencer Rattler from Oklahoma.

However, all 4 of Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance would be QB1 if they were in the 2022 class.

Bro, you know you can't keep it real in here. 

Ultimately my take on QB is this. TF has a QB in his sights, that if he falls to us, he will be the pick. I also think it's extremely unlikely he falls to us, and TF will not REACH for a QB so we will be looking at the best non-qb player and that is either Pitts or Chase. If we get a deal that includes multiple firsts and a second we will move it, if not we will be happy to add one of the aforementioned.

Until they play the 2021-22 college season then a QB emerges that’s better than Wilson, Fields, AND Lance. Don’t remove a year of production from them lol. 

Wilson has an amazing release but huge question mark on intangibles PLUS one year wonder. Media pundits talking about they take him over Lawrence like controversy and are idiots.

Fields only has supreme athleticism... But him falling into Shanahan hands probably ensures he has the best career of all the QB’s but his skill set isn’t one of a kind. But the impact, scheme, and teachings of Shanahan can’t be duplicated anywhere in the NFL. It’s the equivalent of Mahomes being drafted by KC, he wasn’t considered a first round talent, but Andy Reid is a HOF coach that can get a LOT out of QB’s.

Lance has a good arm talent but he isn’t head and shoulders above the 2022 as far as what he brings to the table. 

7 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Until they play the 2021-22 college season then a QB emerges that’s better than Wilson, Fields, AND Lance. Don’t remove a year of production from them lol. 

Wilson has an amazing release but huge question mark on intangibles PLUS one year wonder. Media pundits talking about they take him over Lawrence like controversy and are idiots.

Fields only has supreme athleticism... But him falling into Shanahan hands probably ensures he has the best career of all the QB’s but his skill set isn’t one of a kind. But the impact, scheme, and teachings of Shanahan can’t be duplicated anywhere in the NFL. It’s the equivalent of Mahomes being drafted by KC, he wasn’t considered a first round talent, but Andy Reid is a HOF coach that can get a LOT out of QB’s.

Lance has a good arm talent but he isn’t head and shoulders above the 2022 as far as what he brings to the table. 

Fields has a lot more than "only supreme athleticism".

39 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fields has a lot more than "only supreme athleticism".

I never been a fan of his mechanics honestly. Keep in mind Vick had the greatest arm/skill set of any athletic QB of all time in my opinion. Lamar Jackson is good, but people putting him on Vick’s level don’t have as good of a memory as a Falcons fan. But yeah all in all I don’t like Fields’ mechanics. RG3 coming out of college had better throwing mechanics too but 🤷🏾‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Macintez said:

I never been a fan of his mechanics honestly. Keep in mind Vick had the greatest arm/skill set of any athletic QB of all time in my opinion. Lamar Jackson is good, but people putting him on Vick’s level don’t have as good of a memory as a Falcons fan. But yeah all in all I don’t like Fields’ mechanics. RG3 coming out of college had better throwing mechanics too but 🤷🏾‍♂️

Fields is and always has been a “throw first” QB.   Vick had a great arm but he was more honed on 1,2,3 take off.  

Fields is almost a 70% passer on completion percentage and throws dimes.  You are vastly underrating Fields QB skills and the Vick comparison is an insult.  Fields best QB comp is DeShaun Watson - only bigger.