What are the chances that we trade down...twice

benny

So if we move back with Denver and get their 2021 2nd and their 2022 1st, and a team like Washington or Chicago really loves Mac Jones and would give up a 2nd this year and a 1st next year, do you think we would do it? 

We could end up with

2021: 1, 2, 2, 2

2022: 1, 1, 1, 2

i think that would end up being way more overall value than drafting Kyle Pitts at 4 and certainly Lance or Jones at 4.

If we are committing to Ryan for the next 2 years and are not taking a QB, I think a double trade back in some ways works against us. You are falling back in the first round and theoretically, losing out on an opportunity for a higher quality player. We aren't in a rebuild mode right now if we are committing to Ryan

If we are committed to Ryan for the next 2 years then I think we need to be in the business of using some of our draft capital to get talented players in. So a double trade back is fine, but we need to also use that capital to move up as well. 

For example, If we move back to Denver and then move back again to Washington, I think we need to consider using some of those 2nd rounders in this draft or draft capital in the 2022 draft to get back into the first round. 

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Those equations brought back the nightmares of my middle and high school years.

I hated sitting in them boring *** classes.........and detention lol.

College was much better tho.

I barely passed my math classes in high school. 2 reasons.  The dumb football players were getting away with murder and I simply didn't care once I found out. The only thing I cared about was adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing money and I had a business ed class for that lol

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I barely passed my math classes in high school. 2 reasons.  The dumb football players were getting away with murder and I simply didn't care once I found out. The only thing I cared about was adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing money and I had a business ed class for that lol

I feel you man.

Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing is all you need.

Bump that other ish lol.

I might be on the opposite side of the fence here, but with trades having already been completed all around us, and the draft quickly approaching, I think it’s becoming much less likely we trade at all. 

I could easily be wrong here, but I don’t see any other QBs outside the three worth a top five pick, much less the picks a team would have to give up to get Lance or Jones. Heck, I don’t think they’re worth a top 15 pick, but that’s just me. 

My money is on our staying put, and choosing among Sewell, Parsons, Pitts, Surtain or Chase. I put those in order of likelihood. 

Now if that doesn’t make a trade happen later today just to spite  me, nothing will! 😄

5 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I might be on the opposite side of the fence here, but with trades having already been completed all around us, and the draft quickly approaching, I think it’s becoming much less likely we trade at all. 

I could easily be wrong here, but I don’t see any other QBs outside the three worth a top five pick, much less the picks a team would have to give up to get Lance or Jones. Heck, I don’t think they’re worth a top 15 pick, but that’s just me. 

My money is on our staying put, and choosing among Sewell, Parsons, Pitts, Surtain or Chase. I put those in order of likelihood. 

Now if that doesn’t make a trade happen later today just to spite  me, nothing will! 😄

I think it’s still likely.  Top few picks it’s pretty common to happen well in advance of draft, once there is uncertainty of which player will be there at the pick they are targeting, people won’t trade up until they know their guy is there.  If San Fran knows they are good with either Wilson/fields, they are good to go.  Now you throw Mac Jones rumors into the mix...Teams may be waiting to make sure their guy is there at 4 before pulling the trigger.  

Adding depth and not just one more superstar is the way to fix this teams woes. I know hindsight and Julio trade was definitely well worth it but we could've had Can Jordan, Justin Houston and Donta Hightower with picks we gave up for Julio. It's all about hitting on picks in the draft not just drafting one superstar at a time

41 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Seriously. When I looked at what my daughter was doing in the 4th grade alone last year I just dropped my head. 

What they giving young ones now making us older heads feel like cavemen lol.

I had a neighbor who sat on his porch trying to help his 5th grade son with homework. He got pissed off and told him to wait until his older brother got home from middle school. 😆

11 minutes ago, Rings said:

I think it’s still likely.  Top few picks it’s pretty common to happen well in advance of draft, once there is uncertainty of which player will be there at the pick they are targeting, people won’t trade up until they know their guy is there.  If San Fran knows they are good with either Wilson/fields, they are good to go.  Now you throw Mac Jones rumors into the mix...Teams may be waiting to make sure their guy is there at 4 before pulling the trigger.  

It very well could be.

I just see basically HS QB level development in Lance at this point, and if I was looking at Jones? Frankly, I don't know why they wouldn't just have traded for Darnold and saved those picks. Not much difference at all there, imo.

I just don't buy this Jones ahead of Fields/Lance thing. It's just chatter. San Fran moved up to get whoever NY doesn't take between Wilson and Fields. I'm 100% sure of it.

7 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

"All I need to know I learned in kindergarten"

-Robert Fulghum

Pretty much

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

What they giving young ones now making us older heads feel like cavemen lol.

I had a neighbor who sat on his porch trying to help his 5th grade son with homework. He got pissed off and told him to wait until his older brother got home from middle school. 😆

I felt that. 

We've seen the last few years when the Falcons keep finishing 7-9 that picking between 15-20 is kind of the beginning of the second tier prospects. So if you're going to trade out of where the first tier prospects are, you may as well go for the gusto and keep trading down. There's not much difference between players picked 25-30 than 15-20. 

3 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

If we are committing to Ryan for the next 2 years and are not taking a QB, I think a double trade back in some ways works against us. You are falling back in the first round and theoretically, losing out on an opportunity for a higher quality player. We aren't in a rebuild mode right now if we are committing to Ryan

If we are committed to Ryan for the next 2 years then I think we need to be in the business of using some of our draft capital to get talented players in. So a double trade back is fine, but we need to also use that capital to move up as well. 

For example, If we move back to Denver and then move back again to Washington, I think we need to consider using some of those 2nd rounders in this draft or draft capital in the 2022 draft to get back into the first round. 

I think we are committed to Ryan until he is unable to play at a high level. We do not know how long that is.  2+