Which draft bust hurt you the most. Falcon or non Falcon

44 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Brett Favre

Ouch.. yeah.  To get a single pick, which we turned into Tony Smith who ended up with a little over 300 yard TOTAL in his NFL career, in return for a guy who turned out to be hall of famer is beyond painful.

As far as others more recently, Beasley and Takk most recently. I really thought both would be good, especially Takk. Both have the athletic ability, but neither of them seems to have their head straight.   Vic seemed to be focused on off the field/future stuff rather than dedicating himself to being good now and Takk just seems chaotic, unfocused, and more concerned about perceived slights and personal scores than putting in the effort to be the best player he can be. 

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

LOL yep! I have an old VHS tape of a game with him at TE. Just absolutely embarrassing to pass on Brown, and we weren't the only ones. I believe he didn't go until pick 6 that year.  

Lots of brain dead people who never watched him play at ND, obviously.

I still feel like Tim Brown was underutilized in the NFL. He did so much but the Raiders didn't even make him a regular starter for like 5 or 6 years. He easily could have have been the NFLs all time all purpose yards leader.

Aundray Bruce is a top 10 draft bust for entire NFL history. I challenge you to find a bust list without his name on it. He and Marcus Cotten both busted from that year draft. Began a curse for EDGE play that still haunts this franchise.

Lincoln Kennedy, bust here but 3x pro bowl and 2x All pro with OAK

Bruce Pickens lawd

8 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Aundray Bruce is a top 10 draft bust for entire NFL history. I challenge you to find a bust list without his name on it. He and Marcus Cotten both busted from that year draft. Began a curse for EDGE play that still haunts this franchise.

Lincoln Kennedy, bust here but 3x pro bowl and 2x All pro with OAK

Bruce Pickens lawd

Well, he was a one truck pony to be sure, but Cotton had the injury and it robbed him of his one trick. He had zero instincts to be a full time player otherwise. 

Bruce never had that excuse. He just blew. 

And I never understood ditching Kennedy. Probably more of us not spending a dime under the Smith’s ownership. 

And Pickens was just one in a bunch of junk picks toward the end of their ownership. Bush, Collins, Broussard, Smith, Pritchard, Conner. The list is long...

The most personally devastating, and most Falcons move ever was them drafting the one guy I wanted in that whole draft in 91, Favre, and then trading him rather than that pedestrian game manager nobody, Chris Miller. 

I’ve never gotten over it. 

31 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Aundray Bruce came into the NFL with a horrible work ethic as well, would not even show up to practice at Auburn. 

The Smith family was a bunch of buffoons

Yep. They were great human beings and philanthropists, but they couldn’t make good football decisions to save their lives. 

Bruce Pickens / CB / Nebraska 

1991 / 1st Round / 3rd Overall

Tony Smith was a bust. Reggie Kelly had a decent career but was the victim of bad circumstance. Both players were especially noteworthy for who the Falcons lost to take them. 

But for pure waste of a high pick, it's tough to beat No. 3 overall Bruce Pickens. 

In search of the next Deion Sanders, the Falcons took Bruce Pickens. Pickens was a combine warrior who had great straight line speed, but little else. His coverage skills never developed in what was then a run heavy Big 8 conference. Pickens lasted 2+ seasons with the Falcons before being part of a trade to the Packers. The Packers waived him after two games. He was picked up by the Chiefs and lasted three games there. He was out of football after three seasons before catching on with the Raiders for one season in 1995. 

Pickens only had two interceptions in his NFL career. He was out of football for good after four seasons (across five years), five teams, and two career interceptions. 

Todd Lyght went two picks later to the Rams and spent 12 years in the NFL with 37 interceptions.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I remember @Knight of GodBeing incredibly vocal about how much he hated the Konz pick. Was probably the most agitated I had ever seen him.

At the time, I thought he was just being bitter. Didnt take long to realize he was right all along.

That was a rough little moment 

Takk Mckinley is mine.   He was just the right guy at the right time for thomas dimitroff and dan quinn.  A guy who has great measureables but no heart for the pro level.  His toxicity and character rubbed off the whole team coming off the Super Bowl year and this team stunk since.  

12 hours ago, ryanvalz said:

Takk Mckinley is mine.   He was just the right guy at the right time for thomas dimitroff and dan quinn.  A guy who has great measureables but no heart for the pro level.  His toxicity and character rubbed off the whole team coming off the Super Bowl year and this team stunk since.  

I'm not sure it's fair to say he had "no heart". More like no brain. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

Michael Vick-So much talent. Wasted on poor decision making off the field and a lack of work ethic. Our franchise QB arrested for owning a dog fighting operation,

I've been around a long time but this hurt the most.

Some of you may not classify Vick as a bust. In my mind he was worse than a bust. He let us down in every way imaginable.

5 minutes ago, falken said:

Michael Vick-So much talent. Wasted on poor decision making off the field and a lack of work ethic. Our franchise QB arrested for owning a dog fighting operation,

I've been around a long time but this hurt the most.

Some of you may not classify Vick as a bust. In my mind he was worse than a bust. He let us down in every way imaginable.

What's ironic is that Vick's biggest fans (who are often Matt's biggest detractors) are able to brush off the potential devastation Vick caused the franchise because we got 1 in a thousand lucky with Matt Ryan. If it wasn't for winning the lottery with Matt pretty much right after the Vick fiasco falcons probably where Miami has been the last decade, and if that had been the case Vick would be viewed as the worst pick in the history of the franchise.