AJ Terrell-First Season Reactions?

I just read a NFL.com re-draft, and they didn’t even put AJT in round one. They shat on him when discussing the Falcons pick at 14 too. Oddly enough they did put Okudah pretty high in the redraft still based on perceived potential since he was drafted 3rd, and had CJ Henderson in round 1 still too.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I just read a NFL.com re-draft, and they didn’t even put AJT in round one. They shat on him when discussing the Falcons pick at 14 too. Oddly enough they did put Okudah pretty high in the redraft still based on perceived potential since he was drafted 3rd, and had CJ Henderson in round 1 still too.

That's why it's very difficult to take people's opinions serious. Even when they get paid to spew them

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

That is flat out stupid.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Didn't like the pick and glad I was wrong. I really wanted Kinlaw at the time and seeing him go 2 picks before us was painful. 

Terrell has the potential to be very good.

Same. Funny enough, Kinlaw didn't exactly impress his rookie year. 33 total tackles on 546 defensive snaps.

19 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Indeed, it was a joke to read.

AJT at one point late in the season was the highest rated rookie CB on PFF before having to face Brady twice in the final three weeks. PFF isn't the gospel, but there's not many other grading systems out there that watch every single snap of each individual player. I guarantee you they know a lot more about these players than writers at NFL dot com. 

It was a shock to me , at first, that Terrell was the pick......but when I heard the saints were gonna take him..i knew we made the right move. We had a trade with the eagles but they were not willing to give us what wanted..so the idiots(EAGLES), missed out on Ceedee Lamb.

Terrell played great..Thank God he dropped that int in the KC game..or we would be picking 8th right now. He will be a dominant cb.

4 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Lol. I remember us drafting him and not even recognizing the name.

When we drafted him I was upset. Thought he was a second rounder. He got beat up in the bowl game pretty bad by chase, but when I put the dudes tape on he stood out to me. Then his rookie year he balled out. Now it the time take it up a few notches and become a legit #1 corner. Consistency is key.

Only thing that was meh for me was his tackling toward the end of the year. Maybe rookie fatigue, but he started bouncing off more tackles from my casual view toward the end.

Otherwise, I think he can be a really good corner. Not afraid to look for the ball out of phase, sat well on short routes, good make up speed...needs to develop in some technical areas (again, casual view) coverage wise but as he matures I think his game will skyrocket. 

I didn’t pay attention to other rookie CBS so not sure how well he stacked up

I didn’t like the pick initially, and was very critical. However, AJ was a great pick, and is now our best CB without a doubt. I hope AJ continues to improve, and that we can get another CB just as good if not better to go opposite of him.

15 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

AJT at one point late in the season was the highest rated rookie CB on PFF before having to face Brady twice in the final three weeks. PFF isn't the gospel, but there's not many other grading systems out there that watch every single snap of each individual player. I guarantee you they know a lot more about these players than writers at NFL dot com. 

I would have to go back and look, but think they referenced his poor PFF grade in the article.

10 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

That's not saying much, but I feel you. I'm glad CJ Henderson didn't fall to us. That's who I originally wanted, and it would have been a mistake.

Pretty sure you have to give these guys more than their rookie seasons, especially corners. How they stand after their rookie seasons in not how they will stand in 3-4 years. 

Bet that kid from Detroit is a different player in 2021.

Edited by PointSwayzee

Big fan.  Was a good pick that has worked out very well and he has a lot of up side.  

Edit to say it just shows you a pick you love is no guarantee of success and a pick you're not sure about is no guarantee of failure.  This was a good pick.  Credit where it is due, nice job on that one.  

Edited by Killing Floor
Dropping some amazing wisdom

It’s almost criminal we are talking about rookie being the best player in our secondary last year and going foward.

But alot let’s draft a QB crowd wow and watch our secondary and defense get eaten again.

I mean I liked what I saw from Terrell 1st season in but it’s a long road.I really hope he continues to progress.But let’s be fair here it wasn’t hard to look good on a defense that’s rocks or diamonds.