Ace Per Head (a complete nobody and an extremly unreliable source) on Falcons 4th pick.

3 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

That was difficult to watch, but he was on to something with the analysis. Trade back at all costs. Add to the trenches and DBs, and post draft free agents will be cheap and looking for any job. Stay away from a QB. MR is fine for a few years.

I can't disagree.

We need a qb at some point in the draft as we only have Matt on roster. You can’t get a back up cheaper then 3rd or later. 

33 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

We need a qb at some point in the draft as we only have Matt on roster. You can’t get a back up cheaper then 3rd or later. 

You don't draft a backup QB at 4 either. He plays immediately or latest the 2nd year. We will have Matt this year and all of next. So a QB at 4 should be out the window. Your backup QB doesn't make 30+ million a year.

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

You don't draft a backup QB at 4 either. He plays immediately or latest the 2nd year. We will have Matt this year and all of next. So a QB at 4 should be out the window. Your backup QB doesn't make 30+ million a year.

Oh I agree if we don’t trade down earliest I’m thinking is 3rd . If we trade down throwing a 2nd on mond makes sense to me

3 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Did he call Mykal Walker our best defensive player??

I came to post the same exact thing lol  I can't stand guys like him who automatically assume because you are light or smaller that you automatically get bullied by other teams.   Theirs not 1 person in the nfl thats gonna bully Grady Jarrett i don't give a **** if he is 305 or not.   Grady will dominate 99% of the league in pass rush and run stopping.  Same with Debo and Foye both of them are really good in coverage but both of them also do well against the run.   Light does not = weak  just like big does not = slow nor strong. 

5 hours ago, Aluminafalcon said:

We have 3 picks in the 5th and another at the top of the 6th.  A bunch of QB’s will be there still.  Possibly Mills, Newman, Ehlinger, White, Costello, Franks....

Or, we’ll pick up a cap casualty or post-June cut, or simply a vet minimum still hanging out in FA. Like Alex Smith, McCarron, Hoyer, Gabbert, Bortles, Dobbs, Hundley, or even Winston.  There’s still quite a few unsigned.

I mean does it really even matter?  If Matt goes down with an injury we’re done, season over no matter if we draft Lance, Fields, or Jones, or any late rounder, or we sign a vet as backup.

IMO, whomever we get is designed to hold a clipboard on the sideline. It makes zero sense for that to be our first pick and cost us $6M/yr to do that when we can sign a vet for 1/3rd that amount or draft a guy in late rounds for 1/8th that amount. And maybe we get lucky and find a hidden gem that takes over in 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, Beef said:

We have 3 picks in the 5th and another at the top of the 6th.  A bunch of QB’s will be there still.  Possibly Mills, Newman, Ehlinger, White, Costello, Franks....

Or, we’ll pick up a cap casualty or post-June cut, or simply a vet minimum still hanging out in FA. Like Alex Smith, McCarron, Hoyer, Gabbert, Bortles, Dobbs, Hundley, or even Winston.  There’s still quite a few unsigned.

I mean does it really even matter?  If Matt goes down with an injury we’re done, season over no matter if we draft Lance, Fields, or Jones, or any late rounder, or we sign a vet as backup.

IMO, whomever we get is designed to hold a clipboard on the sideline. It makes zero sense for that to be our first pick and cost us $6M/yr to do that when we can sign a vet for 1/3rd that amount or draft a guy in late rounds for 1/8th that amount. And maybe we get lucky and find a hidden gem that takes over in 3 years. 

See my second post