CBS Sports says 49ers not taking Mac Jones

My other question would be why all the "smoke" around Jones? It doesn't make sense for the Niners to hide who they are choosing. With Lawrence and Wilson all but locks to go 1/2, why would the niners go through such great lengths to hide their intentions?

Unless they don't know yet and are choosing between Jones, Fields and Lance??

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They definitely didn't trade up for Pitts...

Rumor has it Shannahan went to Mac Jones pro day and didnt ask any questions or show any interest. Dude is setting everyone up. 49ers are taking Pitts.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nf

The real winner here is Mac Jones who didn't have to stand around and talk to lil Kyle.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

My other question would be why all the "smoke" around Jones? It doesn't make sense for the Niners to hide who they are choosing. With Lawrence and Wilson all but locks to go 1/2, why would the niners go through such great lengths to hide their intentions?

Unless they don't know yet and are choosing between Jones, Fields and Lance??

I think most of it was Media speculation because Shanahan is an arrogant prick.  They traded up for Wilson/Fields.  Mac Jones was a figment of Twitter.

39 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I think most of it was Media speculation because Shanahan is an arrogant prick.  They traded up for Wilson/Fields.  Mac Jones was a figment of Twitter.

You never know. It was reported Shanny liked Cousins more and wasn’t really big fan of RG3. I think Lance is perfect fit for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pick Mac.

30 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Lmao 49ers have been after Fields (Lance is wild card) this entire time. 

Anyone thinking different probably thinks Falcons are taking a QB too.

Why call the Falcons and Philly before eventually coming to terms with the Dolphins the? Pretty risky to give up 3 1's for a QB you love if there's a high chance he wouldn't be there where you trade up to.

I think Schefter said it best. It's Jones but the Niners are keeping an open mind

13 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Rumor has it Shannahan went to Mac Jones pro day and didnt ask any questions or show any interest. Dude is setting everyone up. 49ers are taking Pitts. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-draft-some-view-mac-jones-to-49ers-as-a-lock-but-heres-why-it-doesnt-pass-smell-test/

why do they need to smoke screen with the 3rd pick lmao

10 hours ago, Spongebob said:

Why call the Falcons and Philly before eventually coming to terms with the Dolphins the? Pretty risky to give up 3 1's for a QB you love if there's a high chance he wouldn't be there where you trade up to.

I think Schefter said it best. It's Jones but the Niners are keeping an open mind

2 1s. Not 3 1s. 

19 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

so if you give up 3 firsts and get one first in return...you only gave up 2 firsts right?

So you count the one you received and one that you gave up? 

If I give you give me 4 apples and I give you 2 in return, you still gave me 4 of your apples. 

47 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you count the one you received and one that you gave up? 

If I give you give me 4 apples and I give you 2 in return, you still gave me 4 of your apples. 

if you're being literal yes.  But if you're going by net, then no.  Being that it's a transaction I feel net makes more sense.

Edited by abcranford2