If the Falcons do trade back who do you think that their first round pick will be?

1 hour ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Parsons is a trap pick let someone else pick him. So many flags against him plus linebacker is one position we don’t need on defense. Yes he may be an athletic freak but so was Vic Beasley 

Agree but he appears to have much more dog in him than VB plus Parsons plays way more physical. VB was soft and overrated from the beginning.  But Parsons does have a few negatives but the upside looks tremendous 

6 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

I’m more concerned with his single year of tape, lack of pass rushing moves, ability to cover passes, his maturity and his dedication to the game considering he took the year off. The Beasley comparison was just example why one shouldn’t fall in love with athleticism

40 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

You obviously know little about him comparing him to Vic.Got to go beyond height weight and speed.

37 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

No trade back.

I'm trying to make peace with Trey Lance being our 1st round pick.

It is the most likely pick at this point.

Hope you’re right but I don’t think there’s a chance he’s drafted by the Falcons at 4. It just don’t make sense with the MR restructure. TF and AS are going with MR for at least another 2-3 yrs imo. If they take a QB at 4 I’ll be shocked even tho I’d love it. AB wants to win now and win big by 2022. IMO that’s where AB needs to stay out of the way. 

I'll bet that if Dimitrov was still here and he picked a quarterback at number four, the same people that are currently screaming to pick a quarterback at number four would be calling for Dimitrov to be fired LMAO.  And you know it's true. 

Yes I'm talking about YOU 🤪

1 hour ago, Aluminafalcon said:

I’m more concerned with his single year of tape, lack of pass rushing moves, ability to cover passes, his maturity and his dedication to the game considering he took the year off. The Beasley comparison was just example why one shouldn’t fall in love with athleticism

He played 2 seasons, though one was more spot play as a freshman. He didn’t show a ton of pass rush moves, I agree, but not really gonna when you’re primarily a gap blitzer in the scheme they ran (similar to how we blitzed DeBo and Foye). He was a DE converted to LB, so I doubt he is clueless in pass rushing though. He has such burst, he blew through Ols though. 
Dedication because he took the year off is debatable, but I also wish he would have played to refine his game since he was new to LB. I can see how that may bother some though, but I don’t know if it was a business decision or health decision.

IMO he can defend the pass, just sucks at intercepting the ball for sure. Maturity is one to consider, depends if you buy the allegations or not. I will leave that up to the teams to vet out.

I get the thoughts of 4 being high for a LB, but can’t go around loving a TE at 4 then (speaking in general, not sure if you’re all for Pitts). TB sure doesn’t regret White at 5 though.

3 hours ago, etherdome said:

From the little that I have read, Collins seems like a better prospect at the OLB position than even Parsons.  I'd like to hear from the Parsons supporters about that.  

Parsons is more of a gap shooting ilb. Collins is more of an all around lb. Not as good of a blitzer as parsons, but better in coverage, is versatile enough to play with his hand in the dirt, ect. 

3 hours ago, etherdome said:

From the little that I have read, Collins seems like a better prospect at the OLB position than even Parsons.  I'd like to hear from the Parsons supporters about that.  

I disagree. 😁

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I'll bet that if Dimitrov was still here and he picked a quarterback at number four, the same people that are currently screaming to pick a quarterback at number four would be calling for Dimitrov to be fired LMAO.  And you know it's true. 

Yes I'm talking about YOU 🤪

Glad he’s gone but I’d be alright with TD picking a QB. Picking MR was the best thing he could do. MR was the base of any success he had with the Falcons.  He should’ve been fired long ago simply for not finding a pass rushers in 13 years TROFFED 🥂

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Glad he’s gone but I’d be alright with TD picking a QB. Picking MR was the best thing he could do. MR was the base of any success he had with the Falcons.  He should’ve been fired long ago simply for not finding a pass rushers in 13 years TROFFED 🥂

TD should have been paying MR2 a stipend for keeping him employed so long. Had he drafted any other player at 3, or we lose the 3 way coin toss, he is a flash in the pan.

18 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

TD should have been paying MR2 a stipend for keeping him employed so long. Had he drafted any other player at 3, or we lose the 3 way coin toss, he is a flash in the pan.

Yup I been saying that for years. That coin toss was a 50-50 pot of gold and TD fell right in the middle of it and about went sheet blind crazy deciding who to take MR or GDorsey. I must give him credit for that incredible decision. Now TF has to make the same decision. Idk the right decision and obviously it will take at least a year or two to find out. Let’s hope he gets it right. I’m on record to say I’d take Fields or Lance if they’re still there. I’m also ok with taking Pitts or trading back as long as it includes future 1st rd picks. 

Just now, Atl Falcon said:

Yup I been saying that for years. That coin toss was a 50-50 pot of gold and TD fell right in the middle of it and about went sheet blind crazy deciding who to take MR or GDorsey. I must give him credit for that incredible decision. Now TF has to make the same decision. Idk the right decision and obviously it will take at least a year or two to find out. Let’s hope he gets it right. I’m on record to say I’d take Fields or Lance if they’re still there. I’m also ok with taking Pitts or trading back as long as it includes future 1st rd picks. 

Honestly, I have been vocal about not taking a QB, but for the sake of positional value, I think I could be more accepting of a QB than a TE at 4. 

that said, I will support whoever we draft until they give reason not to.

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

It was MM after meeting with Matt Ryan told Mike Smith and TD. This is your franchise QB who can be special in NFL. 

17 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It was MM after meeting with Matt Ryan told Mike Smith and TD. This is your franchise QB who can be special in NFL. 

And he was/is still pretty dang good. 
So what if TF and AS decide that Fields or Lance can be special? Do we take one of them? I just don’t see how we can pass.

Edited by Atl Falcon