Thoughts on Rhamondre Stevenson

12 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Ito could still be a solid 3rd down RB but if he can't stay healthy this year hes gone I'd say. Ollison still has potential for sure. I'm not reading too far into him hardly playing last year.

Gainwell is another guy. I read many different places that he was 6'0-6'1" only to have him measure 5'9" at his pro day which was strange hah. Doesn't change much about him, just thought that was weird. 

I think Mike Davis will be looked at as the feature back and we don't use a pick that high on one but if a guy us there we really like it obviously could happen. 

Not much longer til we know fortunately. 

Good points. I like Mike Davis. It’ll be interesting to see how they view him.

Gainwelll looks great on tape. He might be a better slot receiver in the pros like Samuel. Mixing in rushes.

Yup, we’ll know soon.

his tape is ok but I'm really put off by his athletic profile. 1.67 10 yard split is slooooooow.

I also have questions, why did he get suspended? he only had 165 carries in 2 years.

maybe worth a flier in the 6th round but I think we have a similar back in Ollison who also didn't have a great athletic profile and hasnt done a thing in 2 years. 

17 hours ago, Romfal said:

his tape is ok but I'm really put off by his athletic profile. 1.67 10 yard split is slooooooow.

I also have questions, why did he get suspended? he only had 165 carries in 2 years.

maybe worth a flier in the 6th round but I think we have a similar back in Ollison who also didn't have a great athletic profile and hasnt done a thing in 2 years. 

He tested positive for weed. Coaches all say his character is a strong point for him though. You never know but personally, as someone who drug tests usually push me away from guys, I'm not worried. There were a lot of reasons for his low carries though. This is a good article for people to read if they're interested.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/oklahoma-sooners-rb-rhamondre-stevenson-stayed-focused-through-ncaa-suspension

On 4/12/2021 at 1:31 PM, takeitdown said:

I'm still a fan of the 220 lb everything back.  It seems like they've moved toward either being 5'8 200 or 5'11 250.  Maybe I'm just misremembering it.

I still prefer the guy who is 220 and can catch the ball well.  Fast enough to do damage, big enough to do damage, versatile.

I have no problem with guys like Rhamondre as a bit player, but I don't like telegraphing what you're running by who you have in there.  Give me 2 or 3 guys in that 215-225 range and let me run everything no matter which one is in.

Najee... 6’2 230.  Give me one or multiple trade downs to the 15-20 range and take our starting RB for the next 5 years.