"Why Justin Fields historic test score is a big deal"

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

G-Dawg when Fields gets drafted.     .. Just playing, dude 

https://sportsnaut.com/why-justin-fields-historic-test-score-is-a-big-deal/ Why Justin Fields’ historic test score is a big deal Arm talent, accuracy, running ability and historically good r

Does not matter, I was told on here he is only a 1 read QB who cant process his other reads quick enough. 

It's all just chatter. If my team is picking early and I want Fields, I'm talking him down so other teams would be less likely to trade up and scoop him. If my team is picking later and I want Fields, I'm talking him down so he drops to where I can get him. And if I want Lance/Jones and can't objectively justify why I prefer them, I have no reason to sing Fields' virtues. Not sure who Orlovsky's "sources" are but whoever it is has no reason to say anything positive about Fields.

58 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Most of those guys will be the 'old guard' who aren't running around in ten years' time, and those who are the best now will still be the best then. That's how it works. And if Tannehill is a duel threat QB then everybody is.

Tannehill was a good quarterback in Miami, even before Smith had him in Tennessee.  Smith took advantage of his skillset that he displayed in Miami.  I don't follow media hype.  With Tannehill,  Smith had THREE options on any given play, hand off to the running back, quarterback keep, or play action.  Keeps the safeties on their heels. THATS one of the advantages of a dual threat quarterback...

Miami Dolphins Expected to Make Ryan Tannehill the Next $100 Million Man |  FatManWriting | Miami dolphins, Tannehill, Dolphins

NFL Week 13 QB Rankings: Ryan Tannehill is playing like a top-10  quarterback for the Titans - CBSSports.com

Ryan Tannehill's success is unsustainable | Off The Ball

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

Most of those guys will be the 'old guard' who aren't running around in ten years' time, and those who are the best now will still be the best then. That's how it works. And if Tannehill is a duel threat QB then everybody is.

Nah, Tannehill is a true dual threat quarterback. Heck, he was converted  to wide receiver then moved back to quarterback in college. Even holds A&M’s record for most receiving yards in a game by a freshman wide receiver...fun facts.

18 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Tannehill was a good quarterback in Miami, even before Smith had him in Tennessee.  Smith took advantage of his skillset that he displayed in Miami.  I don't follow media hype.  With Tannehill,  Smith had THREE options on any given play, hand off to the running back, quarterback keep, or play action.  Keeps the safeties on their heels. THATS one of the advantages of a dual threat quarterback...

Miami Dolphins Expected to Make Ryan Tannehill the Next $100 Million Man |  FatManWriting | Miami dolphins, Tannehill, Dolphins

NFL Week 13 QB Rankings: Ryan Tannehill is playing like a top-10  quarterback for the Titans - CBSSports.com

Ryan Tannehill's success is unsustainable | Off The Ball

I agree, his only issues in Miami was staying healthy, and was raw coming out of college. Pops is a Dolphins fan so I always kept an eye on him..

I will say, I was very critical of Tennessee giving him the money they did but he has proved me wrong.

17 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Tannehill is the epitome of an average QB athletically. He is not duel threat just because he had a few good runs. 

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Nah, Tannehill is a true dual threat quarterback. Heck, he was a wide receiver who converted to quarterback in college.

Just because he's a fraction of a second faster than Matt, does not make him duel threat. The difference athletically between the pocket passers and a guy like Tannehill is much smaller than the difference between Tannehill and the 'mobile' QBs. I mean, he and Ryan have similar running stats when they're in the same offense.

25 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Tannehill is the epitome of an average QB athletically. He is not duel threat just because he had a few good runs. 

Just because he's a fraction of a second faster than Matt, does not make him duel threat. The difference athletically between the pocket passers and a guy like Tannehill is much smaller than the difference between Tannehill and the 'mobile' QBs. I mean, he and Ryan have similar running stats when they're in the same offense.

If Tannehill is the same athletically as Ryan is being .29 seconds faster in the 40, then Lamar Jackson is the same athletically as Tannehill because the difference in their 40 is about the same...Neither are good comparisons. 

Josh Allen ran a 4.75

Aaron Rodgers ran a 4.75

Ryan Tannehill ran a 4.65

Cam Newton ran a 4.56

Russell Wilson ran a 4.53

thats the company he is smack dab in the middle of, and they are all considered dual threat...unless dual threat is limited to super speed guys like Vick and Jackson who don’t come around often and I would call running QBs.

That said, I’m not one pounding the table for a dual threat guy, but personally feel Tannehill is that...maybe I’m just flat out wrong tho 🤷‍♂️ 

18 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

If Tannehill is the same athletically as Ryan is being .29 seconds faster in the 40, then Lamar Jackson is the same athletically as Tannehill because the difference in their 40 is about the same...Neither are good comparisons. 

Josh Allen ran a 4.75

Aaron Rodgers ran a 4.75

Ryan Tannehill ran a 4.65

Cam Newton ran a 4.56

Russell Wilson ran a 4.53

thats the company he is smack dab in the middle of, and they are all considered dual threat...unless dual threat is limited to super speed guys like Vick and Jackson who don’t come around often and I would call running QBs.

That said, I’m not one pounding the table for a dual threat guy, but personally feel Tannehill is that...maybe I’m just flat out wrong tho 🤷‍♂️ 

Good stats.

I think those guys are normally considered scrambling QB's, whereas as you say Vick or Jackson were running QB's.

The dual threat part is new and dependent on the option offense, of course.  It enables some guys who aren't great scramblers, but have pretty good speed, to utilize that aspect.

But Tannehill being more athletic than Rodgers/Allen and less athletic than Newton/Wilson makes sense.

I wasn't big on Fields until I saw him dismantle Clemson. I gave him major props for that. If TF and AS believe that he's the guy they want and he's the pick at #4 I'll fully support it. If they decide he's not the guy at #4 I'll fully support it. TF and AS have my faith and belief until the prove they don't deserve it. That will not happen in year 1 or 2. It will take at least 3 years to know if these guys are the guys to finally bring home a Super Bowl.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

lol at people who are surprised that a kid that could've gone to harvard has a good memory.

I actually forgot about Harvard offering Justin.   Thanks - as you can see, my memory isn’t as good.  😃

8 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

12-15 yrs.

See this is thee biggest assumption in your post.

You don’t know if any of these QBs are going  to see year 5 let alone 12-15 yrs your dreaming.

The idea why Matt was given the restructure is because the FO and HC see exactly that.I guarantee you they went over all of Ryan’s film and games last year and decided exactly that that there is plenty left in the tank over what is in the class coming out.

They don't just make **** up the only reason you can’t see it is because it’s directly opposed to what you want as a fan.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

See this is thee biggest assumption in your post.

You don’t know if any of these QBs are going  to see year 5 let alone 12-15 yrs your dreaming.

The idea why Matt was given the restructure is because the FO and HC see exactly that.I guarantee you they went over all of Ryan’s film and games last year and decided exactly that that there is plenty left in the tank over what is in the class coming out.

They don't just make **** up the only reason you can’t see it is because it’s directly opposed to what you want as a fan.

Kiwi get off that darn TD train. I’m not saying any QB in this or any draft is guaranteed to be THE starter for 12-15 years. I’ll support TF until he proves me wrong regardless of who he picks. MR 12-15 years was a great pick at 3 and was the reason for most of TDs success along with the trade for JJ. Clam down Kiwi lol. Don’t act you know something about QBs and whether or not Fields or Lance will bust. You don’t know that. I bet you were one of many here that wanted Glenn Dorsey and said the same thing about MR in 2008. It’s a new day and you’re about to be Fonted by the new GM. Thank goddess the other one is finally gone. BTW where’s he employed now😇😇😇😇😇🤪🤪😜🤷‍♂️????? I’ll bet you a dollar to a donut that TF can find a pass rusher in less then 13 years. You wanna bet? I didn’t think so. You blamed it all on coaching...good try. 

9 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Kiwi get off that darn TD train. I’m not saying any QB in this or any draft is guaranteed to be THE starter for 12-15 years. I’ll support TF until he proves me wrong regardless of who he picks. MR 12-15 years was a great pick at 3 and was the reason for most of TDs success along with the trade for JJ. Clam down Kiwi lol. Don’t act you know something about QBs and whether or not Fields or Lance will bust. You don’t know that. I bet you were one of many here that wanted Glenn Dorsey and said the same thing about MR in 2008. It’s a new day and you’re about to be Fonted by the new GM. Thank goddess the other one is finally gone. BTW where’s he employed now😇😇😇😇😇🤪🤪😜🤷‍♂️????? I’ll bet you a dollar to a donut that TF can find a pass rusher in less then 13 years. You wanna bet? I didn’t think so. You blamed it all on coaching...good try. 

Yet you want a QB at 4.

Guess what get me out of your head you clown this has nothing to do with TD.

Go have a look at how many QBs haven’t worked out that are picked in the top 10 there’s quite a few.So yeah when you say I don’t no well as above there’s plenty of evidence that suggests other wise.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yet you want a QB at 4.

Guess what get me out of your head you clown this has nothing to do with TD.

Go have a look at how many QBs haven’t worked out that are picked in the top 10 there’s quite a few.So yeah when you say I don’t no well as above there’s plenty of evidence that suggests other wise.

Okay I vote you for GM but I also know how much you loved ol spiky hair. I think I’m the one in your hair and head lol. You really hurt my feelings Kiwi and spoiled my act as a clown. I thought you had left me for good. Glad your back😎

3 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Okay I vote you for GM but I also know how much you loved ol spiky hair. I think I’m the one in your hair and head lol. You really hurt my feelings Kiwi and spoiled my act as a clown. I thought you had left me for good. Glad your back😎

Wrong again I just like calling circus clowns like you out.

I like the Falcons full stop I’m not in love with anyone running the show in my whole life as a Falcons fan.

The scores don't surprise me. I think a lot of this that Fields is facing is typical attempts at "disinformation." It's frustrating because this type of thing almost always is only applied to black QBs. 

The guy has the stats to back up his initial draft projection. I have said this before, the guy came from the same high school as my kid. This is an extremely good suburban high school in Cobb county. There are no short-cuts or half a$$in' at this school. The notion that he isn't smart enough to go past his 1st read is ridiculous. Top it all off, he got into UGA. George over the past couple of years thinks they are Vanderbilt or Duke when it comes to academics. It's hard to get into.  I got into UGA in the early 90s, I know I would have zero chance today with how hard its become. Ohio State is just as good of a school. 

7 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Wrong again I just like calling circus clowns like you out.

I like the Falcons full stop I’m not in love with anyone running the show in my whole life as a Falcons fan.

Just messing with you bro. I know exactly what you’re saying