Peter King/Mike Florio (2 unreliable sources)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish I had a job getting paid to discuss that stuff. I do it here for free LOL 

They could just make a living by browsing TATF if they'd get their heads out of their ***. Hahaha

Peter King is very reliable.  He also has great sources.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Florio is saying that at the end of the day AB will make the call on who the first pick will be. King disagrees and also says Ryan has something left in the tank and we should trade back. If not, still don’t take a QB at 4.

I don't think it was so much about what Ryan has left in the tank. It was more about foresight vs hindsight. Ryan's ability to still play has never been the real issue in most of the debates around here. It's his salary vs every other poor decision Thomas Dimitroff has made. 

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I don't think it was so much about what Ryan has left in the tank. It was more about foresight vs hindsight. Ryan's ability to still play has never been the real issue in most of the debates around here. It's his salary vs every other poor decision Thomas Dimitroff has made. 

QBs going to get paid.  He isn't going to turn down a lucrative contract, and to be fair, he's worked with the Falcons each year to help.  What more can he really do?  

The situation is really just a series of cumulations of decisions made.  The COVID thing threw everything out the window and skewed the numbers against us.  

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

QBs going to get paid.  He isn't going to turn down a lucrative contract, and to be fair, he's worked with the Falcons each year to help.  What more can he really do?  

The situation is really just a series of cumulations of decisions made.  The COVID thing threw everything out the window and skewed the numbers against us.  

Not saying he should turn down money. Thomas Dimitroff, Arthur Blank, and anyone else involved should have sorted out every possiblity prior to this. This is not for people to get defensive about Ryan either. Keep in mind that Joe Montana and Brett Favre were replaced when they still had years left. Just like him signing the contract is a business decision. The team possibly wanting to get rid of it is one.

6 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Not saying he should turn down money. Thomas Dimitroff, Arthur Blank, and anyone else involved should have sorted out every possiblity prior to this. This is not for people to get defensive about Ryan either. Keep in mind that Joe Montana and Brett Favre were replaced when they still had years left. Just like him signing the contract is a business decision. The team possibly wanting to get rid of it is one.

Absolutely true.  They didn't.  No one saw COVID and the freak response to it coming.  Subtract last year and the conversations are different.  But I completely see your logic.  

2 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

I hope Florio is wrong. If blank gets involved, as in the past, he might put more weight on a PR move, meaning no trade down.

Disagree.   Blank probably more inclined to keep Matt Ryan and Julio Jones too long as he has deep personal relationships with these players and said “Falcon for Life” when RE-signing them.   Wheeled Michael Vick around, etc.  

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Disagree.   Blank probably more inclined to keep Matt Ryan and Julio Jones too long as he has deep personal relationships with these players and said “Falcon for Life” when RE-signing them.   Wheeled Michael Vick around, etc.  

100% AGREE. It also is my biggest fear.