Interesting scenario i heard during a NFL Siruis Mock draft last night

I'ven been listening to a ton of NFL radio on sirius..actually have become addictive, but i digress...anyway was listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin doing a 2 round mock draft....... Kirwin (a former NFL GM) had the Jets pick at 2....and who does he take?  Mack Jones....but his reasoning had some merit.... The Jets have no QB right now.. no veteran to step in, so his reasoning was that they need their Rookie starting QB to step in and play immediately..Of all the QBs available after Lawrence, Mack is the only one that has played in a true NFL system ( Yes i know it probably wont happen, but like i said he did kinda make a valid point).  With the 3rd Pick, they took Fields for the 49ers....and with the 4th they had us taking Pitts...but my immediate thought was...if some how or another this crazy scenario happend, would TF and AS pump the brakes...and really consider Wilson? We know we are going to have Matt for at least 2 more years ( and i really want Matt to win a SB), but the only QB i've wanted us to take, if we were going to take one would be Wilson.....

Just wondering what your all thoughts would be if this scenario actually happend (like i said its probably not, and yes I know my "I think some people may be surprised on draft night" scenario got shot to **** when the Jets traded Darnold).. I just thought it was interesting coming from a former GM

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That would make the decision to restructure Ryan a big mistake. 

I don't know. Especially if they see the drafted QB sitting for at least 2 seasons.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen because this is the first time in a very long time where there's so many options and possibilities.

The draft is gonna be exciting no matter what.

28 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

would TF and AS pump the brakes...and really consider Wilson?

Only if they felt he was the best player at any position on the board. If he’s #37 it would be foolish to burn that high a pick on him just because some fans think we need a QB

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't know. Especially if they see the drafted QB sitting for at least 2 seasons.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen because this is the first time in a very long time where there's so many options and possibilities.

The draft is gonna be exciting no matter what.

This is the first time in so many years, that the Falcons, were the pivotal point of a draft...Its been cool listening to all the scenarios and possibilities...

3 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Well, it sure would raise the value of pick #4. 

I would love Pitts, but in a needs scenario, i would like to trade back with the Cowboys and pick up some picks, and hopefully pick up Slater at LG, and hopefully our OL would be set..then use the extra picks for Defensive help and maybe a RB

2 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I would love Pitts, but in a needs scenario, i would like to trade back with the Cowboys and pick up some picks, and hopefully pick up Slater at LG, and hopefully our OL would be set..then use the extra picks for Defensive help and maybe a RB

Cowboys don't need a qb though. This scenerio screams Denver or Detroit

22 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Jets are not in a win now mode. They have time to let Wilson play and develop.

The Jets are also a terribly ran franchise though.

Never know what owner Woody Johnson has in store.

With the Brady comparisons for Mac Jones, maybe Woody Johnson may demand drafting him since he personally saw Brady dominate them for most of 2 decades?