1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Usually, I’m not on drafting RBs first round. He’s a special back, though. Softest hands and route running that ive seen from a back since maybe Steven Jackson in his prime

Jackson was a problem early in his career for defenses. If Harris is anything close to that he would be a huge asset for us

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most mocks are wrong, and mine will probably be as well. But here’s my opinion. Please share yours as well. It’s all good fun anyway Mock 3.0 As we get closer to the draft, I’m going with a

Najee and Surtain in round 1 would win this draft by itself. Grant too though? Hell yes 

Me too, bro. If not harris, I’m really into either of the UNC rbs. I thought i was Javonte Williams all day, until i really dug into Michael Carter. But Surtain and Harris is a dream come true.

Just now, takeitdown said:

Yeah, I actually meant take Moehrig AND Grant.  I think we need 2 legit safeties and one corner.  I'm hoping that we can scheme at least some pressure if we have a good secondary and then work on the DL next year.

I wasn't sure where the RB would slot in, but yeah a Carter would work.  I'd like someone with a little more typical height for the pass catching, but Carter seems legit.

I get that reasoning and almost took Hamsah Nasirildeen btw

If we were to get a TE in this draft, I hope it's Tommy Tremble! Wasn't fully used to his ability at ND because they had good TE's in Southbend. Mixture of Kyle Jusczcyk and Delani Walker. Just seems like a AS type of guy

15 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Ha ha i won’t.

I do too, as well. I think he’s the right type of player to take the mantle. He also extends Matt’s career in many ways. But i think he’s just an incredible young man. Little things like driving to his pro day after missing a flight because of weather.

Another thought I have in this scenario, as much as I love Surtain, I do believe there is awesome CB talent to be had round 2. (Samuel Jr./ Molden) so then I think what else would be worthy of taking at say pick 9 after a trade down in that spot? That’s where I’m like If somehow (he won’t) Pitts fell that far you could go there. But other than him maybe Slater at 9? I don’t LOVE the pass rushers. It’s interesting to Ponder. 

I do love Surtain though. It’d be hard for me to go a different direction. But CB talent is strong 

44 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

Man I love Surtain and Harris! I would pass out from excitement.

Like the rest as well, great job...however:

I'm gonna need either Humphrey or Dickerson under Center this year AND a rookie OG that can start.

Other than that, i would love to see this draft.

Hennessy will get his chance to start this year at Center no matter how bad people want to replace him. He was a 3rd round pick with an unusual offseason. All for competition but I cant see them burning anything more than a late round flyer on Center.

AS made due with rejects last year when his top 2 OTs went out. Gono and Henny will surprise people this year.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
58 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

You definitely have a point about a RB. I just wouldn’t do it in the 1st but that’s just one man’s opinion. 

I hear you blood. 2nd round feels optimal, which is where I feel we can grab Javonte Williams.

Only way I take one in Rd 1 is if I really believe he’s a game changer. In this case, I feel that strong about Harris. My guess is Steelers take him in Rd 1. 

Surtain/Harris would be a phenomenal start. 

At the same time while I'd love to get Harris, I don't think that I want the team trading up this year and giving up draft capital. I think there's still a chance we can get one of the top 3 RB's at 35, and if not I still think getting a guy like Gainwell is going to be an upgrade at the position. 

I'd love to get a monster in Harris. But if it's either trade up for Harris or stay put and try and get a guy like Etienne if he's there, I think I'd prefer that. 

Edited by BDS
42 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Hennessy will get his chance to start this year at Center no matter how bad people want to replace him. He was a 3rd round pick with an unusual offseason. All for competition but I cant see them burning anything more than a late round flyer on Center.

AS made due with rejects last year when his top 2 OTs went out. Gono and Henny will surprise people this year.

I hope, but there is a reason Gono and Henny were not big contributors until late in the season. I think they are both depth at best/not starting nasty, big uglies that we need to impose our will on NFC South Defenses.

Picking up a Humphrey/Dickerson and a nasty OG would put us light years above what we've had since the 2016 campaign.

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Most mocks are wrong, and mine will probably be as well. But here’s my opinion. Please share yours as well. It’s all good fun anyway

Mock 3.0

As we get closer to the draft, I’m going with a trade scenario. I do believe that it is possible that we stay put and take Kyle Pitts or Sewell; but i still see a viable trade partner with the Broncos. 
Here is the trade:

Broncos receive #4 overall and select Trey Lance. It’s a good situation for him. They can run Pistol offense, RPOs and simplify the game for him with their running game and good defense. In a conference dominated by QBs, he’s almost a necessity 

Falcons receive: #9 overall, Pick #71 (third round) and 2022 first and third and a 2023 first.

Steep price in many ways, but for a QB? Plausible 

The mock I’m choosing is letting the draft coming to you, but bolstering the secondary and establishing a run game is a target. I think that we’ll still get another edge in FA. Maybe a Clowney? Not sure at this point. I think that we’ll see a NT signed soon too. (Poe? Jones?)

The strategy: 

The draft has plenty of edges w/ upside but no Chase Young. The best pass rusher Jaelen Phillips is a major injury risk. In this scenario, i take edge guys w/ length and upside; but shore up my secondary and use my long and big bodies (like Cominsky, Davidson) and penetrating guys like Jarrett and Bullard (hoping on that one) to let the edge/OLBs roam free. I’m also banking on Fowler doing well in this system.

Again, I’m not so sure we don’t get another vet edge. There are some out there. Even a Justin Houston might be good enough.

Also, once we pick Surtain, there will be a run on cbs. I also see a scramble to nab top running backs. 

The mock:

9. Patrick Surtain II CB, Alabama 6’1” 203 4.45 forty

-Simply a great technician at outside cb, who has size, speed and smarts. Pairing him w/ Terrell gives us a very solid, if not spectacular cb corps for years. Moreau, Sheffield and Oliver round out the corps. That’s starting experience across the board @kiwifalcon you’re right, this kid is that good. He’s low risk as well. He’s similar to Minkah. Worst case, he becomes a heckuva safety (which he has played). I think he’s a cb

22. Najee Harris RB, Alabama 6’2” 240 (trade w/ titans)

-We trade back into the first round because there will be a run on running backs. I don’t buy into the  rbs aren’t worth a first BS. Alabama puts out a certain physical profile of running backs. Smith knows this well. This is as close to Henry as any body in this draft. Najee is also a plus receiver. Coupled with Davis, we have a strong running back corps that can also receive @youngbloodz this your favorite running back as well?

68. Pat Freiermuth TE, Penn State 6’5’ 250

-An athletic and physical TE. he’s not as acrobatic as Pitts, but he’s sure handed, lined up as FB and H-Back and inline. He can block as well. This is a versatile player that can be used in two TE sets and split outside or at H-Back. @Vandy this kid is a throwback and hard nosed. 

71. Richie Grant S, UCF 6’0” 194. 

-He’s become one of my favorite safeties. He can operate in centerfield or cover the slot. Has gamebreaking ability @Francis York Morgan 

109. Jordan  Smith EDGE, UAB 6’6’ 250

-He has that long and lean body of great pass rushers. He’s an urgent player that has a great motor and length to come off edge or stand up as an OLB @JD dirtybird21 @athell and @atljbo this is my favorite pass rusher in the draft. I saw him live and he is a maniac and full of energy and passion

182. Elerson Smith EDGE, Northern Iowa 6’6’ 260

-Had a 41 plus inch vertical. He’s raw, and may go higher. But that type of burst and athleticism has upside. What will he become as he gets stronger? is he a 5 tech with athleticism? Do you keep him at OLB? Who cares, you roll the dice on this type of player with these physical attributes @vel and @CTann you guys seen this kid?

183. Demetric Felton WR, UCLA 5’9” 190

-He’s an athlete who’s lined up in slot and at RB. Can return as well. May be more of a “package” guy. I do see potential in a guy who can play both rb and wr. That allows for roster flexibility. May end up being a slot guy long term. Has YAC ability. @Knight of God this is your type of player

205. Simi Fehoko WR, Stanford 6’4”230

-Another odd player with upside. Supposedly ran a 4.39. Very similar to Darren Waller who went at #206 in the 2015 draft. I think that he is more of a move TE. We trade some next year late rounders to draft him

CONCLUSION:

Will all players be studs immediately? Doubtful. But all have upside and are BPA in positions of need. The physical profile of each player selected match closely with past saints and titans rosters. 

Thoughts?

Really love the first two pics.  I really want najee Harris. He would do wonders for Matt Ryan. Best running back since Michael Turner. Good job sir !!

3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Falcons receive: #9 overall, Pick #71 (third round) and 2022 first and third and a 2023 first.

3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

The mock I’m choosing is letting the draft coming to you, but bolstering the secondary and establishing a run game is a target. I

Got me with these 2 things right here.I’m big on fixing certain things and spending high draft capital to do so.

The first mentioned quote secures our future I see nothing bad in this mock Mike good job.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I hear you blood. 2nd round feels optimal, which is where I feel we can grab Javonte Williams.

Only way I take one in Rd 1 is if I really believe he’s a game changer. In this case, I feel that strong about Harris. My guess is Steelers take him in Rd 1. 

I would love Javonte in the 2nd

I’m all for it, Mike! This mock brings in a lot of talent among various positions, and the draft’s focus should be about bringing in the most talent as possible. You got me looking into Jordan Smith a week or so ago, and now I’m going to need to check into Elerson Smith some. My only concern after this mock would be the safety position even with adding Grant (just because I want 2 more safeties whether that’s draft + another FA or a double dip in the draft), but I’ve already told myself to expect to have safety concerns by the end of Round 7 regardless. 😂

Folks not liking the move up for Najee, maybe Jevonte Williams in the 2nd or Kenneth Gainwell/Trey Sermon/Javian Hawkins/Chuba Hubbard later could fit the bill?

1 hour ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

Do you think we will get an interior offensive lineman and backup quarter back in free agency?

I don’t know. When they tagged Gono, it made me re-think the OL pick possibility. And Andrews has been a great depth piece in the league for a while.

I honestly don’t know the plan on a QB. I need to study up on past AS rosters

44 minutes ago, CTann said:

I’m all for it, Mike! This mock brings in a lot of talent among various positions, and the draft’s focus should be about bringing in the most talent as possible. You got me looking into Jordan Smith a week or so ago, and now I’m going to need to check into Elerson Smith some. My only concern after this mock would be the safety position even with adding Grant (just because I want 2 more safeties whether that’s draft + another FA or a double dip in the draft), but I’ve already told myself to expect to have safety concerns by the end of Round 7 regardless. 😂

Folks not liking the move up for Najee, maybe Jevonte Williams in the 2nd or Kenneth Gainwell/Trey Sermon/Javian Hawkins/Chuba Hubbard later could fit the bill?

Yeah, i considered double dipping; but we do have Hawkins and there’s always FA later from cuts. I could see, and not be surprised if we double dipped at S

There are RB options. I just see Najee as elite in Smith’s offense.

Great comments as usual!

3 hours ago, RYNE said:

Another thought I have in this scenario, as much as I love Surtain, I do believe there is awesome CB talent to be had round 2. (Samuel Jr./ Molden) so then I think what else would be worthy of taking at say pick 9 after a trade down in that spot? That’s where I’m like If somehow (he won’t) Pitts fell that far you could go there. But other than him maybe Slater at 9? I don’t LOVE the pass rushers. It’s interesting to Ponder. 

I do love Surtain though. It’d be hard for me to go a different direction. But CB talent is strong 

I think that you’re right on. There are other cbs. Edge is kind of lacking in this draft. 

I do like the SS/LB out of Notre Dame (JOK). Can’t spell his name lol

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

This is where I’m at. If we want Najee—which i do, but doesn’t mean Smith does—we have to go into first round. I’m like you, the kid is a game changer.

He’s like Steven Jackson in the early years

Who can argue with Mike Davis and Najee as your running backs? Geez, that’s a combo!

Great mock, and love the trade up for Najee. This false belief you can’t take a RB in round 1. Is kinda dumb, if you have a need for the best RB and he won’t be there when you pick, then why not move up for him? You are playing by someone else’s plan than executing your own. Trade up and settle that position for 5 years.

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

I think that you’re right on. There are other cbs. Edge is kind of lacking in this draft. 

I do like the SS/LB out of Notre Dame (JOK). Can’t spell his name lol

Yes, I like JOK a lot as well. I have Azeez Ojulari as the best pass rusher. So I guess in this scenario I’d say Slater or JOK. Azeez in consideration but I don’t love him. It would feel really good to have a solid long term solution at LG with potential to turn into a stud. Some people think he could be the next Zach Martin. I’m not quite there but That would be a **** of a get.