Yeah the last few days have been a total bummer knowing this likely outcome. I'm not the biggest rap fan in the world but his style and aggressive voice really resonated with me. Easily one of my top 3 or 4 rappers of all time. Maybe higher. I wish I had learned more about him while he was still here. I've learned a little over the last few days and it's just such a sad story. He left a mark of the world though and that's more then most of us will ever do. RIP Earl Simmons. All dogs go to heaven. 

His music was raw and real. Just like the person he was. Nothing fancy there. Just him. 

Sad to see someone struggle as much as he did. Goes to show, that even though you reach others, you still need to find yourself. Be kind to everyone. You never know what struggles they are facing behind a smile and tough demeanor. 

Rest easy Dark Man. 

Words cannot express what this man’s music meant to me. He will be greatly missed. 

my favorite part of early DMX albums were his prayers and convos with God.

How prophetic was this verse? an except from “The Prayer” by DMX

And I fear that what I saying, won't be heard until I'm gone
But it's all good, 'cause I really didn't expect to live long

So if it takes for me to suffer, for my brother to see the light
Give me pain till I die, but please lord treat him right