North Dakota St. QB Trey Lance set for second pro day

Trey Lance will soon be the latest top quarterback prospect to give it a second shot in front of NFL scouts ahead of the draft.

The North Dakota State signal-caller will participate in a second pro day on April 19, NFL Network's Kim Jones reported Friday on NFL Total Access.

Lance completed his first pro day on March 12, before those conducted by BYU's Zach Wilson, Ohio State's Justin Fields and Alabama's Mac Jones. Wilson wowed onlookers with his various passes during his workout, which occurred almost simultaneously with the 49ers' trade up to No. 3, while Fields dominated headlines during his first pro day, with each overtaking Lance's performance in the football world's recent consciousness.

Earlier this week, Fields set his second pro day for April 14. Lance will get a second chance to prove his worthiness just five days later.

With San Francisco poised to take a quarterback at No. 3 and Atlanta looming as another team that could take a signal-caller fourth overall, these workouts do, in fact, matter. The lack of an NFL Scouting Combine only further emphasizes their importance, and with mere weeks remaining before the draft, it's crunch time.

https://www.nfl.com/news/north-dakota-st-qb-trey-lance-set-for-second-pro-day

Just now, Foo Falcons said:

He'll gain some additional fans potentially but he's likely cemented into his spot on GM's draft boards. I don't see a point in a 2nd pro day

Maybe its because you cannot bring players to visit.. so you go up there and have a chat with the guy... to get a feel ...

1 minute ago, Fernando C. said:

Maybe its because you cannot bring players to visit.. so you go up there and have a chat with the guy... to get a feel ...

That's understandable if they didn't get a chance the first time. If anything it shows his willingness to show more and more of his potential as opposed to guys that sat this year out. I don't think it's necessary physically but for interviews absolutely. 

Just now, Foo Falcons said:

That's understandable if they didn't get a chance the first time. If anything it shows his willingness to show more and more of his potential as opposed to guys that sat this year out. I don't think it's necessary physically but for interviews absolutely. 

I think its interviews and maybe Medical?? also Fields and Lance getting 2nd pro days just days before the draft will benefit us... some team will get out of there just NEEDING one of them.. and pay a steep price..

1 minute ago, Fernando C. said:

I think its interviews and maybe Medical?? also Fields and Lance getting 2nd pro days just days before the draft will benefit us... some team will get out of there just NEEDING one of them.. and pay a steep price..

I like your thinking.. I'm all for bleeding a team dry for a trade up 😃

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

What if Lance and Fields go before pick 4? I think Wilson may fall actually.

If Wilson doesn't go to the Jets at #2, some of the most informed people in football have got this way wrong.

I know we all want mystery, surprises, and intrigue, but the first three players in the draft are set.

As Falcons fans, that's great news for us anyway. It makes negotiating at #4 that much easier before the draft rather than waiting for those frenzied few minutes on the clock.

2 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

Sitting out doesn’t make you a lesser player.

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Sitting out doesn’t make you a lesser player.

No, it doesn't make you a lesser player. Does it question your love for the game in GM's eyes? Absolutely. Family concerns are a factor no doubt. But watch guys that sat out this year, besides obvious top guys, drop in the draft.

3 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

No, it doesn't make you a lesser player. Does it question your love for the game in GM's eyes? Absolutely. Family concerns are a factor no doubt. But watch guys that sat out this year, besides obvious top guys, drop in the draft.

It will be interesting and I agree to an extent for some players.

But for others it wasn't a clear cut decision. For example, I heard that many people when their season was "cancelled" made a decision to start their off-season program and then their season started again but it was only half a season. As an athlete, that's tough to come back to

13 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

It will be interesting and I agree to an extent for some players.

But for others it wasn't a clear cut decision. For example, I heard that many people when their season was "cancelled" made a decision to start their off-season program and then their season started again but it was only half a season. As an athlete, that's tough to come back to

For those that couldn't help their conference's decision, it's different. They have a pass. Family circumstances are a factor, sure. But if you're committed then you make it work. Making a political statement doesn't exactly help your draft stock. Showing you're passionate about your believes shows you're committed sure, but not necessarily in a good way. GMs look for passion and commitment with a team mindset at the forefront. Believing in your ways goes a certain extent with some, but it doesn't define a team.

Not to bring racism into this, but true football players see beyond that and compete for the best spot regardless of all that. GMs will see beyond that.

9 hours ago, hjerry said:

All of our staff should be there again.

We're totally going to take him guys; better stop us

If Terry sends that as a text to Dan Snyder, that buffoon will surely give either Chase Young or his entire draft to move up to 4.