NFLPA President JC Tretter - Union pushing for an all-virtual offseason

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

They played last season without the shot. This season Biden has promised everyone that wants it will have it by the end of May.  Players and coaches all now have the opportunity for the vaccine. Really the problem is moot at this point.  Let's not make this more of a problem than it has to be. 

And the virus has a survival rate well over 99%.  This isn't Ebola.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So stupid.  Just get the shot.  You have 2 months.  Stop acting like babies.  Or quit if you don't like it.

It won't go away just like that. Dems gained IMMENSE power and influence because 0f covid. They will fight for masks, s.d., continuation of executive orders for governors, and lockdowns. Teachers unio

And the virus has a survival rate well over 99%.  This isn't Ebola.

22 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

i had to work throughout the worst of the pandemic and was even around people whod test positive at some point. get the shot and lets get this thing going.

Everyone in my family got it.  I never did.  My son said he felt like he had a bad cold.  My wife was really tired.  The virus is endemic now, it's part of our world.  Time to move along.  

4 hours ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

Even if your completely vaccinated, you can still be a carrier and pass it on. 

If this is actually true, it still doesn't matter. Because if everybody is vaccinated, it doesn't matter if you are a carrier or not, nobody can get it because they're vaccinated. 

12 minutes ago, fuego said:

If this is actually true, it still doesn't matter. Because if everybody is vaccinated, it doesn't matter if you are a carrier or not, nobody can get it because they're vaccinated. 

Everyone won’t get it and they are thinking the vaccine will give you 8 months of immunity. Similar to the flu vaccine. And if you already had covid they are saying you should also have 8 months at least of immunity 

29 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Don't you think there  should be a little more research on the shot before you make every player get it ??

This.  The FDA has not certified this as yet.  Still years of trials ahead.  Vaccines seldom get certification in less than 5 years.  

I for one won't be getting it.  I trust science and in no way an antivaxxer when it comes to tried and true vaccines.  We should not expect players to do anything but do what is right for them.  We are still free to make choices.

2 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

This.  The FDA has not certified this as yet.  Still years of trials ahead.  Vaccines seldom get certification in less than 5 years.  

I for one won't be getting it.  I trust science and in no way an antivaxxer when it comes to tried and true vaccines.  We should not expect players to do anything but do what is right for them.  We are still free to make choices.

I was in this same boat, until people I know way smarter than me said this was false. Basically they told me this is in the SARS family and they have been stuieding it for over 20 years. Now that is the short answer and not a good one compaired to what I was told.

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Me either. I may not be able to fly , cruise , go to games ect. But I will not get it. 

11 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

It won't go away just like that. Dems gained IMMENSE power and influence because 0f covid. They will fight for masks, s.d., continuation of executive orders for governors, and lockdowns. Teachers unions will continue to not go back to work. The 0excuse in 4 months will be that not 100% of everyone  is vaccinated. 

Not trying to be decisive just stating what has happened and what I believe is likely to happen. For all we know they will start all this **** back up for flu season and just say its the worst flu since......

Tired of hearing nonsense about every problem we face is because of the Democrats or Republicans. You are being bamboozled both parties are puppets to their corporate donors and think tanks. You are very naïve if you believe Republicans have the best interest of the average citizen in mind when they pass laws.  

For the record  Democrats did not  gain immense power Republicans control more Governor seats, more State House Seats and control about 55% of all the legislative seats. The Democrats control the White House , Congress by a few seats and the Senate through a tie breaker vote.  That is called divided government and what you said about Covid is just political BS and talking points.  Most Covid related laws are passed on a state by state basis not federally.  The Federal Government did not shut the NBA, MLB and NFL down or force them to play in a bubble or implement mask requirements. Those companies did it so they are not sued and held liable for unsafe business practices. The vast amount of Americans want both parties to work together and get some things accomplished, both parties are failing to do that. 

The virtual offseason proposal is a negation tactic to gain more leverage during bargaining. I wouldn't read too much into it at this point. 

Enough about this party vs that party Let's keep it about football and the Falcons. 

Edited by insight
1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I was in this same boat, until people I know way smarter than me said this was false. Basically they told me this is in the SARS family and they have been stuieding it for over 20 years. Now that is the short answer and not a good one compaired to what I was told.

Basically me too, listened to a few long form interviews with doctors, virologists, immunologists and the like. A lotta good information was given and discussion was had which made me personally feel fine with taking it, although I do understand people’s apprehension to it being that it was developed, tested, and distributed so quickly.

What I find funny is people acting like they treat their bodies like a temple and refuse to use a vaccine because of it but have no problem eating fast food, refined carbs/sugars for every meal 😂

So the answer is OTAs are not mandatory and vaccine distribution is going well.   So moot point to virtualize them.  That said I would say any player who chooses not to get the vaccine by June Mini camp has to deal with their teams policy on the issue.  Far too much investment for a team to risk any type of infection outbreak cause one guy reads online conspiracies.

Personal choice is important but the NFL is a business first and the teams need everyone related to the program vaccinated as soon as possible to reopen stadiums and generate revenue.  Right or wrong it's business first as someone who works for Disney World I am fully expecting them to level a date to be vaccinated by soon because whole staff vaccinations means a return to full business operations.  

Edited by #84
23 hours ago, insight said:

Tired of hearing nonsense about every problem we face is because of the Democrats or Republicans. You are being bamboozled both parties are puppets to their corporate donors and think tanks. You are very naïve if you believe Republicans have the best interest of the average citizen in mind when they pass laws.  

For the record  Democrats did not  gain immense power Republicans control more Governor seats, more State House Seats and control about 55% of all the legislative seats. The Democrats control the White House , Congress by a few seats and the Senate through a tie breaker vote.  That is called divided government and what you said about Covid is just political BS and talking points.  Most Covid related laws are passed on a state by state basis not federally.  The Federal Government did not shut the NBA, MLB and NFL down or force them to play in a bubble or implement mask requirements. Those companies did it so they are not sued and held liable for unsafe business practices. The vast amount of Americans want both parties to work together and get some things accomplished, both parties are failing to do that. 

The virtual offseason proposal is a negation tactic to gain more leverage during bargaining. I wouldn't read too much into it at this point. 

Enough about this party vs that party Let's keep it about football and the Falcons. 

dude I am a non globalist. I'm not republican or Democrat. However democrat policies don't work. There's a reason why every major city is ran into the ground by Democrat policies.

There are a handful of good guys on both sides but the majority of politicians are either globalists or bought and paid for by globalists

On 4/10/2021 at 9:31 AM, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Don't you think there  should be a little more research on the shot before you make every player get it ??

Don't you think scientists have been researching coronavirus strains for a century?  I'm not saying there are any guarantees.  But coronavirus strains have been plaguing humanity for millennia.  The "19" is the year that strain was identified as a separate variant.  People get worked up because there's R.N.A?  Know what else has RNA?  What you ate for lunch, the coffee you drank for breakfast, what you are having for dinner.  And every vaccine you've had in your life.  

So to be fair and directly respond only to your question, NO, I don't think players should be required to take it.  I think players should be given the choice to take it or not play.  They had to take MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), Varicella, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, Tuberculosis, and Meningitis to play in college.  Right?  (Rhetorical, yes, it is mandatory at all US universities).  And most universities additionally require Hepatitis A, Human Pamplona Virus, and Influenza records for admission and proof every year.  So having to take a shot that is known to keep people from dying is not a new concept to any professional football player.  It's the law they and we have all lived with since birth.  

So I don't make any player get anything, I am just a fan.  But every NFL team has vaccination policies for every player and rest assured some or most will be updated to include C19 vaccine.  Every NFL team medical staff maintains records for every player and staff member.  And there are differences in requirements between teams.  But no team wants to cancel 3-4 games because some idiot got mumps or whooping cough.  And no team wants to cancel games because someone exposed the locker room to COVID 19.  Why is that so hard for some people to understand.  

Now maybe if you asked me if all players should be required to keep their old iPhone 6 so it can't work on 5G we'd find some common ground.  

Edited by Killing Floor
1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

dude I am a non globalist. I'm not republican or Democrat. However democrat policies don't work. There's a reason why every major city is ran into the ground by Democrat policies.

There are a handful of good guys on both sides but the majority of politicians are either globalists or bought and paid for by globalists

Not sure what you mean by non-globalist, 25%  of the worlds GDP is a result of US consumption. Not sure what you mean by every major city is run into the ground by democrat policies when the top 10 cities are responsible for nearly all the economic output in the US.  If you take these cities out of the US economy the US is not a G20 country.  Like I said it's a FALSE narrative, the poorest states in the country are Mississippi, South Carolina, Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Montana to name a few GUESS WHO IS IN POLICTAL CONTROL OVER ALL OF THEM.  IMO  no political party has a monopoly on good policies, but if you are going make that argument pointing to major cities  is a very bad one to make. 

Just to be clear.  

You are entitled to your own opinions and can support any party you chose to, I respect that.

It gets tricky discussing politics in sports, and dangerous when political parties are treated like teams you are either on or against. 

On 4/10/2021 at 3:18 PM, insight said:

Yep. Both parties are the same that put up the guise of being different on a few 'key' issues that are hot topics such as abortion. They're the same **** people folks. There's no good side and bad side. There's them, a 'ruling class' and then there's us. Stop letting them divide you. There's zero strength in numbers because of how many boxes they segregate you into. Man vs woman, black vs white, dem vs repub, christian vs atheist, ect. Every single one is just a different box designed to keep us separated from each other so we're easier to rule. 

On 4/10/2021 at 3:29 PM, A Dog Named Brian said:

Basically me too, listened to a few long form interviews with doctors, virologists, immunologists and the like. A lotta good information was given and discussion was had which made me personally feel fine with taking it, although I do understand people’s apprehension to it being that it was developed, tested, and distributed so quickly.

What I find funny is people acting like they treat their bodies like a temple and refuse to use a vaccine because of it but have no problem eating fast food, refined carbs/sugars for every meal 😂

So true. A big reason USA had such a high rate of covid deaths was because we’re so ******* unhealthy. 

It’s hilarious to me personally watching people fight about parties. In my life time I have seen both parties with Presidents, and control over senate and house. That didn’t change anything, it’s same bickering and blaming with no results. Both are two faces of same coin who are after money and power. 

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s hilarious to me personally tower people fight about parties. In my life time I have seen both parties with Presidents, and control over senate and house. That didn’t change anything, it’s same bickering and blaming with no results. Both are two faces of same coin who are after money and power. 

People stopped voting for ideas decades ago. They vote for parties. Do away with them.