NFLPA President JC Tretter - Union pushing for an all-virtual offseason

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So stupid.  Just get the shot.  You have 2 months.  Stop acting like babies.  Or quit if you don't like it.

It won't go away just like that. Dems gained IMMENSE power and influence because 0f covid. They will fight for masks, s.d., continuation of executive orders for governors, and lockdowns. Teachers unio

And the virus has a survival rate well over 99%.  This isn't Ebola.

It's a double edged sword

A lot of the reason why the most recent CBA got approved is because it gave more help to the lowest paid players, but who are also the majority in terms of total players in the league.

While surely there are, as the tweet suggests, those who may not care about attending these in person, there are probably far more who want every chance they can get to make the roster.

9 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

So stupid.  Just get the shot.  You have 2 months.  Stop acting like babies.  Or quit if you don't like it.

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

It's a double edged sword

A lot of the reason why the most recent CBA got approved is because it gave more help to the lowest paid players, but who are also the majority in terms of total players in the league.

While surely there are, as the tweet suggests, those who may not care about attending these in person, there are probably far more who want every chance they can get to make the roster.

Ya, I mean I'm sure every player + support staff can be vaccinated by the time this starts. The Covid excuse is kinda gone -- it's as good as it's going to get.

A blend of both might be worth exploring, but all virtual seems a little excessive.

I’m in a profession where our office was all virtual for the year and recently started doing a blend of both and at least for us it seems like it might be the way to go. There’s just some things that you don’t need to be in person for all the time in certain professions, off-season programs in the NFL being one of them IMO.

6 hours ago, PuppyMonster said:

Ya, I mean I'm sure every player + support staff can be vaccinated by the time this starts. The Covid excuse is kinda gone -- it's as good as it's going to get.

It won't go away just like that. Dems gained IMMENSE power and influence because 0f covid. They will fight for masks, s.d., continuation of executive orders for governors, and lockdowns. Teachers unions will continue to not go back to work. The 0excuse in 4 months will be that not 100% of everyone  is vaccinated. 

Not trying to be decisive just stating what has happened and what I believe is likely to happen. For all we know they will start all this **** back up for flu season and just say its the worst flu since......

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

definitely turn off CNN, MSNBC, and the rest. Stop reading the activist rags like WP, HP, NYT, etc.

All these unions are just straight puss. Teachers union too

Unions are needed in many industries.

I worked in foundries for a pretty long time.

Believe me. Having a union was very necessary.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Oh it's coming. Just wait untill the rest of the fake doctors and overly aggressive show up. If I'm betting over/under by lunch, definitely betting under

Hmmm, i would take the under too even though it’s Saturday. But it’s coming for real because you know it’s about to turn political 

Yeah, I knew this was coming. It's unfortunate for the young guys and fringe players who need the reps and in person sessions to keep their jobs.

Hopefully they'll provide those guys with something to give them every opportunity to develop.

5 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

It won't go away just like that. Dems gained IMMENSE power and influence because 0f covid. They will fight for masks, s.d., continuation of executive orders for governors, and lockdowns. Teachers unions will continue to not go back to work. The 0excuse in 4 months will be that not 100% of everyone  is vaccinated. 

Not trying to be decisive just stating what has happened and what I believe is likely to happen. For all we know they will start all this **** back up for flu season and just say its the worst flu since......

So agree here!  Yes!!

They played last season without the shot. This season Biden has promised everyone that wants it will have it by the end of May.  Players and coaches all now have the opportunity for the vaccine. Really the problem is moot at this point.  Let's not make this more of a difficult time than it has to be.