Mock Draft 2.0

Foo Falcons

Trade with Washington

Trade our 1st, 2022 4th for:
1st, 2nd, 4th in 2021, 1st, 3rd in 2022, 1st in 2023

1: Alijah Vera-Tucker OG USC

Starting LG with All-Pro potential. Helps in both pass and run. He and Lindstrom would be formidable at G together. Hennessey is still a question mark but he only helps that transition. 

2: Joseph Ossai Edge Texas

Starting OLB in 3-4, rush DE in 4-3. Exceptional versus the run. Pees would help develope him. Some see Upshaw. I see poor man's Suggs if he's dedicated and coached well. The pass rush upside is there. He just needs to learn a couple more moves. 

2: Richie Grant FS Central Florida

Starting FS to go along with Hawkins or Harris. We saw what he did at the Senior Bowl. He can play FS or Nickle when needed. Has a great football IQ and nose for the ball. 

3: Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State

Splits time with Davis. Has the speed we're lacking. Has upside as an every down back as long as pass blocking improves. Reminds me of Jonathan Taylor I'd he works to add some strength. 

4: Trill Williams CB Syracuse

Ability to compete at outside CB but has more upside as a big nickle. Tenacious CB with solid coverage skills versus TE and is a sound tackler. Would compete with Oliver at NB as I see Moreau Starting opposite Terrell.

4: Elerson Smith DE Northern Iowa

Currently about 260 lbs at 6'6" but with time he could add 20+ lbs and become a gamechanger at DE in a 3-4 or 4-3. He needs to add bulk, but the pass rush prowness is there. Dominated at DIII. 

5: Bobby Brown NT Texas A&M

Solid NT option. 6'3" 330 lbs or so with ability to rush the passer given time and coaching. Need someone to compete with Davison. I love Shelvin but he won't be here. 

5: Noah Grey TE/H-Back Duke

He would mesh well with Hurst as a move TE (also known as H-Back). Has solid hands and route running ability. He has upside in a scheme such as ours who utilize TE so much.

5: Buddy Johnson LB Kentucky

MLB who has the athleticism to play on the outside in a 4-3. Can cover well and has upside. At worst he's a solid special teamer.

6: Joshua Bledsoe S Missouri

He has upside as a contributor at either Safety position but offers great special teams ability if nothing else. 

6: Jalen Camp WR Georgia Tech

After I saw the bench reps this guy put up I thought immediately that we would be an awesome pick in the later rounds. The production isn't great but in this offense with that blocking ability, he could go much further than most anticipate. 

I think this is a realistic trade if Washington wants to move up from 19th while also outbidding 2-3 other teams. The SF trade shows we can get 2 future 1sts. We add a 2nd and 4th this year, and for a sweetener we move our 4th for their 3rd in 2022. Some may say us sending a 4th isn't necessary but I think there's only so much we can get.

Those wanting Chase Young in the trade: I think it's possible but we'd likely only get a future 1st and maybe a 3rd this year IMO. And honestly I'd probably take that. But I'm working on the basis they don't offer Young. 

This kind of trade back sets us up for now and the future. A trade back is THE best case scenario. Can't change my mind. I love Pitts but getting this kind of draft capital by trading back is too good to decline. 

1 minute ago, PointSwayzee said:

That is one **** of a haul from WFT. 

I think if I'm moving to 19 I would go Najee Harris if available and even still consider double dipping for a guy like Chuba. I mean why not...that is a lot of draft capital.

I don't think we'll go RB as high as others but I would be ok with Harris. I think Davis is a nice bridge to a future starter at RB. I'd be willing to bet we don't take a RB till at least Rd3

Just now, Foo Falcons said:

I thought about a 2nd and 3rd this year but dang is Ditka coaching them all of a sudden? Haha I can't imagine a team trading 1-3 this year, 1 and 3 next year, and another 1st. If we can get it by all means

Don’t get me wrong your trade is great. I just want to be greedy lol. Your mock isn’t bad either. Would definitely like it

1 minute ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Be crazy if we stayed put and drafted Surtain in the first and Grant in the second. imagine that secondary 

Surtain is too rich at #4. If we got him at 9-15 then absolutely. Best case he falls to 19 and we rearrange this mock draft a bit. Crazier things have happened 

1 hour ago, Foo Falcons said:

Trade with Washington

Trade our 1st, 2022 4th for:
1st, 2nd, 4th in 2021, 1st, 3rd in 2022, 1st in 2023

1: Alijah Vera-Tucker OG USC

Starting LG with All-Pro potential. Helps in both pass and run. He and Lindstrom would be formidable at G together. Hennessey is still a question mark but he only helps that transition. 

2: Joseph Ossai Edge Texas

Starting OLB in 3-4, rush DE in 4-3. Exceptional versus the run. Pees would help develope him. Some see Upshaw. I see poor man's Suggs if he's dedicated and coached well. The pass rush upside is there. He just needs to learn a couple more moves. 

2: Richie Grant FS Central Florida

Starting FS to go along with Hawkins or Harris. We saw what he did at the Senior Bowl. He can play FS or Nickle when needed. Has a great football IQ and nose for the ball. 

3: Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State

Splits time with Davis. Has the speed we're lacking. Has upside as an every down back as long as pass blocking improves. Reminds me of Jonathan Taylor I'd he works to add some strength. 

4: Trill Williams CB Syracuse

Ability to compete at outside CB but has more upside as a big nickle. Tenacious CB with solid coverage skills versus TE and is a sound tackler. Would compete with Oliver at NB as I see Moreau Starting opposite Terrell.

4: Elerson Smith DE Northern Iowa

Currently about 260 lbs at 6'6" but with time he could add 20+ lbs and become a gamechanger at DE in a 3-4 or 4-3. He needs to add bulk, but the pass rush prowness is there. Dominated at DIII. 

5: Bobby Brown NT Texas A&M

Solid NT option. 6'3" 330 lbs or so with ability to rush the passer given time and coaching. Need someone to compete with Davison. I love Shelvin but he won't be here. 

5: Noah Grey TE/H-Back Duke

He would mesh well with Hurst as a move TE (also known as H-Back). Has solid hands and route running ability. He has upside in a scheme such as ours who utilize TE so much.

5: Buddy Johnson LB Kentucky

MLB who has the athleticism to play on the outside in a 4-3. Can cover well and has upside. At worst he's a solid special teamer.

6: Joshua Bledsoe S Missouri

He has upside as a contributor at either Safety position but offers great special teams ability if nothing else. 

6: Jalen Camp WR Georgia Tech

After I saw the bench reps this guy put up I thought immediately that we would be an awesome pick in the later rounds. The production isn't great but in this offense with that blocking ability, he could go much further than most anticipate. 

I think this is a realistic trade if Washington wants to move up from 19th while also outbidding 2-3 other teams. The SF trade shows we can get 2 future 1sts. We add a 2nd and 4th this year, and for a sweetener we move our 4th for their 3rd in 2022. Some may say us sending a 4th isn't necessary but I think there's only so much we can get.

Those wanting Chase Young in the trade: I think it's possible but we'd likely only get a future 1st and maybe a 3rd this year IMO. And honestly I'd probably take that. But I'm working on the basis they don't offer Young. 

This kind of trade back sets us up for now and the future. A trade back is THE best case scenario. Can't change my mind. I love Pitts but getting this kind of draft capital by trading back is too good to decline. 

I am a heavy proponent of staying at 4, but I get that this is trade down thread so I do not intend to spark another debate that will ultimately have no influence on what happens April 29th. 

Disclaimer aside, two things on your post.  First, there is no way WSH trades Chase Young to come up so you are right to exclude him from your mock trade.  Second, the future 1's are the most valuable part of this trade package.  In your view, is trading down the best case scenario because you think the team needs to completely rebuild?

12 minutes ago, Al Bruce said:

I am a heavy proponent of staying at 4, but I get that this is trade down thread so I do not intend to spark another debate that will ultimately have no influence on what happens April 29th. 

Disclaimer aside, two things on your post.  First, there is no way WSH trades Chase Young to come up so you are right to exclude him from your mock trade.  Second, the future 1's are the most valuable part of this trade package.  In your view, is trading down the best case scenario because you think the team needs to completely rebuild?

Absolutely not. I'm not apart of the rebuild gang. Trading down nets us more players in this draft and next years draft that help get us to the promise land. With good coaching and a solid draft or two, we're competing for it all. Don't bother changing my mind, I know it to be true.

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Looks good. I will pick Hubbard in 4th. 

He or Sermon in the 4th would be nice. I'm honestly good waiting until the 4th+ for a RB but in this mock I went ahead and drafted the speedster in the 3rd. To me a RB in the draft, unless a higher pick, needs to predominantly have speed to match Davis, Smith, Ollison

36 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Absolutely not. I'm not apart of the rebuild gang. Trading down nets us more players in this draft and next years draft that help get us to the promise land. With good coaching and a solid draft or two, we're competing for it all. Don't bother changing my mind, I know it to be true.

Whether people want Ryan gone next year, the year after or in three years, one thing we can all agree on, we should all want a better defense than Ryan ever had his career.  Don’t put that stress on whatever young QB comes in and replaces Ryan.  By building a better team now, you maximize next couple years of Ryan and Julio AND set the future QB up for success.  

Browns took a bunch of crap taking Myles Garrett over a QB.  They built up a bunch of draft capital, built a solid line and a couple weapons and then got their guy.  After his first year when they realized “hey, we finally have a QB that doesn’t suck.” They went and spent in free agency to capitalize that rookie QB window.  Really hope we take the same route.  

Trade down, get a ton of picks, make push next 2-3 years, once Ryan and Julio are gone get our guy and we have a ton of talent around them.  I hope whomever the QB after Ryan is, is never asked to carry a team like Ryan had to for 13 years just to get crapped on by half the fan base.

4 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

Okay, we will see how TF and AS feel about this approach in less than three weeks.  Netting more players does not mean anything if the guys can't play.

4 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

lol. Unless you are from the future you don't know what is true. Pitts could just as easily put the offense over the top.  **** maybe Sewell moves to guard , becomes an all pro, and contributes to Atl ranking first in pass pro, and in the run this year.

Trading back guarantees NOTHING. Sorry thats just reality.

6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Nah I need one of their 3rds too. For a QB they have to pay a steep price

Brady first born son?

14 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

lol. Unless you are from the future you don't know what is true. Pitts could just as easily put the offense over the top.  **** maybe Sewell moves to guard , becomes an all pro, and contributes to Atl ranking first in pass pro, and in the run this year.

Brady first born son?

The alcohol may have led to the confidence in that last sentence haha but nonetheless I believe a trade down is best. I wouldn't mind Pitts at #4 but we could help this team so much more with a trade down

24 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Brady first born son?

Exactly lol.