Jump to content

Dimitroff's Thoughts On What The Falcons Will Do with The #4 Pick


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If TD would go QB, TF shouldn't go QB. Next!

Sounds like an ex girlfriend still all in your business 

I would do whatever hes not saying. That dude just no

I think this is quite telling, as there aren’t many people with more insight in to Ryan’s desire and ability to continue playing than TD. If TD calling for us to draft a QB, that suggests to me that he doesn’t see Ryan playing at his current level well in to his 40’s.

Everyone loves to bash TD, but he built squads in  2012 and 2016 that SHOULD have won world titles. One of those teams built  a virtually unassailable lead in the SB. It took arguably the greatest collapse and choke job in pro sport to deny him a SB win as our GM.

I am really excited about this new regime, but they will do very well to accomplish as many wins thru years 1, 3 or 5, as TD’s teams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ukfalc said:

I think this is quite telling, as there aren’t many people with more insight in to Ryan’s desire and ability to continue playing than TD. If TD calling for us to draft a QB, that suggests to me that he doesn’t see Ryan playing at his current level well in to his 40’s.

Everyone loves to bash TD, but he built squads in  2012 and 2016 that SHOULD have won world titles. One of those teams built  a virtually unassailable lead in the SB. It took arguably the greatest collapse and choke job in pro sport to deny him a SB win as our GM.

I am really excited about this new regime, but they will do very well to accomplish as many wins thru years 1, 3 or 5, as TD’s teams. 

He gave Vic his fifth year option when it was obvious to everybody else he had checked out from playing.  I’m don’t think him sending a player’s motivation is a strong suit of his

Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew it wouldn’t be long before people started burning him for doing his hair. Y’all must roll out of bed and just go into your day looking like some homeless mofos. 😂 

I get the doggin for sucking at drafting linemen, but always chuckled when y’all dissed him for exercising and grooming...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aluminafalcon said:He gave Vic his fifth year option when it was obvious to everybody else he had checked out from playing.  I’m don’t think him sending a player’s motivation is a strong suit of his

This time last year there is every chance that he was having discussions with Matt Ryan about his plans going forward, and how long Ryan was hoping to play for etc and he and Quinn would surely have been looking for  any signings of physical decline.

TD and Quinn probably know more than anybody about Ryan’s likely intentions and viability as a starting QB going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rings said:

And no way he considered trading back either.

WEll, no way can you tell me for the right amount of picks we wouldn't trade back..  I don't believe that.. it's all according to how bad a team want's our #4 ....  Fields is going to be IMO at least the second best QB in this class. I'd take him at two if I was really needing a QB.. I don't think he makes it to #4.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, autigerfan said:

I'm honestly surprised to hear this from TD. Given that he drafted Ryan it is a big admission that he thinks Ryan's window is almost shut.  I'm still not sure that is the right take. I would've guessed he would take Sewell or trade down.  

This is my take as well.  Hard to believe he would consider replacing the QB he drafted when everyone knows (including TD) Ice still has some game left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ukfalc said:

I think this is quite telling, as there aren’t many people with more insight in to Ryan’s desire and ability to continue playing than TD. If TD calling for us to draft a QB, that suggests to me that he doesn’t see Ryan playing at his current level well in to his 40’s.

Everyone loves to bash TD, but he built squads in  2012 and 2016 that SHOULD have won world titles. One of those teams built  a virtually unassailable lead in the SB. It took arguably the greatest collapse and choke job in pro sport to deny him a SB win as our GM.

I am really excited about this new regime, but they will do very well to accomplish as many wins thru years 1, 3 or 5, as TD’s teams. 

Truth,, And I agree 100% on Fields being the QB we should take if we do go with a QB.. It just seems so convenient for us to get a future QB at this time,, and to get one with his gifts as a QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

WEll, no way can you tell me for the right amount of picks we wouldn't trade back..  I don't believe that.. it's all according to how bad a team want's our #4 ....  Fields is going to be IMO at least the second best QB in this class. I'd take him at two if I was really needing a QB.. I don't think he makes it to #4.. 

I was referring to Dimitroff @Draftnut57, who never once traded back in the first round. That was the joke.  When you read someone’s post, do you read what they are responding to so you have context?  In that post it was specifically around TD, not what we are doing as a team in this draft.  That may be part of your confusion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems TD stills gets a lot of grief for his shortcomings here. I'd take TD over a lot of other guys out there. We could've easily been another mid 2000's version of the Falcons while TD was here, or worse, been the Cleveland Browns of the past 2 decades. The fact that we have had multiple SB worthy teams, including having one in hand tells me we had the talent to win SB's. 

Was it time for a change? Possibly. I did get a bit tired of the needs based drafting and lack of draft downs. His aggressiveness did result in "reaching" or trading up for some guys, but ultimately it usually resulted in an overall good move.

That said, I respect his opinion enough to say, he's not necessarily wrong, but if the goal is to win with what we have now, you're probably not going to take a QB at 4. Especially over guys with less questions and more immediate impact available. Cap concerns just hinder that even more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rings said:

I was referring to Dimitroff @Draftnut57, who never once traded back in the first round. That was the joke.  When you read someone’s post, do you read what they are responding to so you have context?  In that post it was specifically around TD, not what we are doing as a team in this draft.  That may be part of your confusion.

I don’t think he even reads the entire post he’s replying to. The dude just rambles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...