Falcons ‘aligned’ for NFL draft: 5 players on their radar screen

4 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

If we are going oline, edge or cb I say trade down. If we plan to go qb, te or wr stay at 4

Highly disagree with that .. I agree with the OL or CB.. But not with the DE needs.. WE should take the top DE in the First round.. They are way to important to wait and take one latter.. the best DE will fly off the board. Get while we can. WE don't even need a WR . I don't know how some of you think we do.. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/falcons-aligned-for-draft-5-players-on-their-radar-screen/X77ZIQH7A5A7LFICESMG2PQTWE/ Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot and coach Arthur Smi

Love Sewell but should not be a candidate at 4.  If we want an OG, trade down and take Slater who is a more natural fit.

I think Lance is also seriously on the Falcons radar as well.

37 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think Lance is also seriously on the Falcons radar as well.

I think so too. He has the most upside of any QB in the draft, he’s 20, and he’ll have Ryan as a tutor. He sits two seasons and he’s still only 22, one year younger than Ryan when he came into the league. 

So is this article saying our GM just named the top 5 guys we're targeting...  I have a hard time believing our brass would come out & advise these things.  I mean if he gathered some previous comments & made predictions of our targets, fine, but is this nothing but speculation?  

Is this that fkg idiot Ledbetter? 

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

To me this says trade down at least five slots, grab one of these guys, plus a few picks. Just please go BPA with every pick in every round. Regardless of need. Stack for the future. Extend Grady and get a couple vets to fill gaping holes.

I agree with every thing you said except .... Regardless of Need..  That's like saying I've got a flat on my car.. i need to go get my motor overhauled... You'd still have a flat and couldn't get any where...  WE will do nothing next season if we don't take advantage of every pick we have .. If we hit on all of them .. I'd say we'll end up in at the very least ,, the top half of the League. 

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

Then it should be Sewell or Surtain out of those mentioned..  I don't want a QB but if we did take one.. I'd only want Fields at 4. But I'd rather not take a QB.. But fields is the most underrated QB in this draft.

Thought you wanted Pitts?  

55 minutes ago, athell said:

Kinda interesting to see Chase on there imo...good to see they really seem to be approaching the draft by the BPA mentality.  

I feel like BPA at 4, out of those players, is either Pitts or Chase...but it's subjective. 

Fields could get into 4 because they want someone for the future.. but Pitts would be perfect and start this year...

10 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Highly disagree with that .. I agree with the OL or CB.. But not with the DE needs.. WE should take the top DE in the First round.. They are way to important to wait and take one latter.. the best DE will fly off the board. Get while we can. WE don't even need a WR . I don't know how some of you think we do.. 

He said trade down, not out of the first round.  

1 minute ago, Rings said:

I believe almost none of that.  Also linked we like Lance, not mentioned here.  I’m sure we will be linked to many others too over the next few weeks.  Allllllll smoke.  

All smoke maybe.. but to be honest those are the guys that they should be target at 4... don't you think???

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yes I know. I'm all for a trade down ,, just not for a WR. That's the last thing we need..  We IMO should take a DE or two. 

Not trying to be mean man but your replies the last couple of days seem like they aren't actually responding to what you are quoting.  Like you are saying you disagree with something they said but they didn’t actually say what you’re disagreeing with.  Just trying to help clear things up, that’s all.

6 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

All smoke maybe.. but to be honest those are the guys that they should be target at 4... don't you think???

For sure, I’m not opposed to it, I feel like every year we are linked to a bunch of players and we rarely end up with one.  Normally if anything ever did truthfully leak for us it was the day of the draft, not three weeks out.  But it’s a slow time so I get it’s just something to talk about.

9 minutes ago, Rings said:

Though you wanted Pitts?  

I did,, but after much thought , I've come to the conclusion that we should take a couple of DEs after a trade down.. or at least one top DE.  It we did end up with a Pitts and a top DE like in my mock.. that would even be better. But Most likely we should take a DE like Kwity Paye  ranked at #12 and OLB Azeez Ojulari. ranked at #20, Both of these players have a combined 30 Sacks last 2 years. 

6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I did,, but after much thought , I've come to the conclusion that we should take a couple of DEs after a trade down.. or at least one top DE.  It we did end up with a Pitts and a top DE like in my mock.. that would even be better. But Most likely we should take a DE like Kwity Paye  ranked at #12 and OLB Azeez Ojulari. ranked at #20, Both of these players have a combined 30 Sacks last 2 years. 

Man.. talk about a smoke screen.. This guy got it down to a science!

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I agree with every thing you said except .... Regardless of Need..  That's like saying I've got a flat on my car.. i need to go get my motor overhauled... You'd still have a flat and couldn't get any where...  WE will do nothing next season if we don't take advantage of every pick we have .. If we hit on all of them .. I'd say we'll end up in at the very least ,, the top half of the League. 

Our motor's needed overhauling for more than a decade bro. We've been replacing flat tires with the likes of Sackmaker, Jelly, Busterson, Bustley, Takk, King Konz, Puddin, you name it. With a good engine you can easily fix flat tires and ride out. Never fall in another Dimi needs based chasm please.

Fill gaping holes with NFL vets on short term deals. Set the team up for the future with rookie BPA contracts that will help us move on from high end deals. Seems simple to me but maybe I'm under thinking this? From what I've heard from Fonty so far he's on a similar page. We shall soon see my friend.

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Trading him after June 1st would free up $15 million (and $7 million in dead money) and probably net us a 2022 1st round pick

I personally think the front office is debating this move this year.

Wait to sign all draft picks post June 1 > trade Julio > free up cap space > get a future asset.

1 minute ago, weezy01212 said:

I personally think the front office is debating this move this year.

Wait to sign all draft picks post June 1 > trade Julio > free up cap space > get a future asset.

Question to ask..

Chase + 2022 1st round pick + $15 million in cap.. is that worth more than having Julio? I say absolutely

1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

Question to ask..

Chase + 2022 1st round pick + $15 million in cap.. is that worth more than having Julio? I say absolutely

Yes, though I would replace Chase with Pitts. As a fan-base we need to take the emotion out of the Julio decision. With the quality of WR's coming out of the draft recently there are to many good examples of players you can get all over the place which is why I said Pitts over Chase.

Also, with Julio several factors come to mind, he's not a player that alone puts us in contention year in and year out, his availability (injury), and money. Personally I would not have bent to his demands when he wanted a new contract years ago because we had all the leverage.

Any other year I would say if you have a chance to draft the #1 rated OT in the top 5 — you run to the podium. But something about Sewell just doesn't feel right. In my perfect trade back draft scenarios i'd do the following:

Option 1:
Trade back with Denver
Draft CB – Surtain
Trade back into middle first round
Draft OG – Vera Tucker

Option 2:
Trade back with Denver
Draft OG – R Slater
Trade back into middle first round
Draft S – Moehrig

This situation would give us the 5th year option for these guys and still leave us picks from Denver or whatever we didnt use to trade back up in the 2nd/3rd round to fill depth.