Another potential trade partner: Dallas

k-train

NCAA%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
KYLE PITTS TE, COLLEGE PLAYER

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is "infatuated" with Florida's Kyle Pitts and could trade up to draft the Florida tight end. 

Add this to the storied history of Jones becoming fixated on an explosive offensive weapon in the weeks leading up to the NFL Draft. Dallas, which now has the tenth pick in the draft, would likely have to part ways with their 2022 first rounder -- and more, perhaps -- to acquire the Falcons' No. 4 spot and draft Pitts, who would join an offense jam packed with talent. If Pitts lands in Dallas, he would have an outrageously high average draft position in seasonal leagues. 

Apr 9, 2021, 10:03 AM ET

Could use Bengals and Dolphins as leverage to squeeze more out of Dallas because they both pick right after the Falcons and have been tied to really liking Pitts as well.

Would love a potential mega trade deal with Washington more, but love all the options the Falcons have for draft day.

This is exciting. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dak gotta prove he's worth that payment somehow huh. 

Yep, I think Dallas will be making a mistake not letting Elliott eat as much. He's been the engine behind that offense's success with Dak being a decent game manager.

Dak's new contract is gonna f' all that up and make Jerry force McCarthy to air it out too much.

6 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

If that's what's being offered, you take it and don't look back. As much as I like Pitts, that's a offer you can't refuse

Yeah, you're still in position to get one of the top couple OL, top couple defensive players or potentially one of the playmaker WR still if that's your leaning.

Yep, I have always thought of Dallas as a team that'd love to add Pitts, and might overpay to get him. They consider it their birthright to keep a name TE on the roster, and if he pans out, that'd be one for another decade or so. 

I have no issues robbing them of now and future picks.