I found this interesting on Skip and Shannon

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The question is whether we're rebuilding or making an honest go of it with the current roster. If we trade from #4 to #19, we're looking at throwing in the towel for 2021 unless we get lucky with several of this year's picks.

Actually I see it as setting up to be competitive this season as well as have future capital to look towards the future.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me those future first rounders all day long

Even for those who don’t like Ryan, you have to admit the thought of having him plus 5-7 additional draft picks is still enticing 

hey snyder, how bad you want it?

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Actually I see it as setting up to be competitive this season as well as have future capital to look towards the future.

I can respect this. Personally, I think adding a stud is more likely at #4. But we might find a Keanu Neal or Deion Jones at #19. If I'm being honest though, our chances of going from worst to first are slim (at best), so I'd prefer we tear down and rebuild. And those picks would help a lot.

I have said it from the start.. Washington HAS to go up in the draft.. I would take the picks but to be honest to get al the way down to 19 you have to give me Sweat... they have Chase Young and have to pay all there DL.. so maybe we can get him plus 1,2 next year 1,2 and that would do it for me..

Here's the trade to be made:

Washington gets Atlanta's 1st round pick in 2021 and the "Falcons" name/mascot (since they are currently without one). 

Atlanta gets Washington's 1st in 2021, 2022, and 2023, their 2nd round pick in 2021, and Chase Young. 

Arthur Blank renames the the team the ATLiens, and sells minority stakes in the team to Andre Benjamin and Antwan Patton to resolve any potential copyright issues. 

Make it happen. 

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Moving down to 19 may be too low, but It would sure bring in many future picks.

.....maybe high picks if Daniel Snyder continues to mettle and mess up things.

Trading down that far would signal to me that TF and Arthur #2 are looking to rebuild.  You are highly unlikely to get a premier player in this draft (or in most drafts for that matter) at 19, and most of the draft capital we'd acquire would be for future years.  The players taken with those future picks are not going to help Matt Ryan in the next two years.

I’m not going to say trading down to 19 isn’t risky but the positions we need are slotted around that pick. Realistically we could find a starting guard or safety or roll the dice again on an edge player( any body else getting skittish about drafting edges in round 1?) That being said if draft gets into a couple runs the wrong direction we are going to look like fools

10 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I agree with this.  The draft is deep, but there are not too many game changers this year.  More picks actually would give TF the ammo needed to put quality picks into the team.  

I would want 1st 2nd and 3rd this year, 2022 and 2023 1st rounders. 

We get Rousseau DE at 19.

We trade up to the back end of 1 with our 2nd next year to draft Moehrig S.

Asante Samuel Jr. CB At pick 51. 

Creed Humphrey C at 68.

Alim McNiel DT at 74.

If this happens, I am super happy. A trade like this could change the franchise for the better. We would have two first rounds for the next two years after coming away with 5 potential starters in the first 5 picks. Love it!!!

14 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

The question is whether we're rebuilding or making an honest go of it with the current roster. If we trade from #4 to #19, we're looking at throwing in the towel for 2021 unless we get lucky with several of this year's picks.

I don’t think so man.  Give me Najee Harris at 19 and let the offense ground and pound until the defense can stop it and then PA their a$$ to death.  

16 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Don’t show this to some posters. They might have an aneurysm. Wouldn’t be a bad idea. We could literally get a boat load of picks. This is Snyder we are talking about. Nuff said. 

I would like to point out that Kyle Smith who told Snyder not to take Haskins, and then was forced out by Rivera is now the Falcons vice president of player personnel. I'm sure he wouldn't mind bending that team over on draft pick compensation.  :lol:

19 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

You're throwing in the towel this year regardless. Defense is absolutely horrible. 

Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

You're throwing in the towel this year regardless. Defense is absolutely horrible. 

If I was TF and I believed this, then I'd absolutely trade back. As I said before, I'd be perfectly fine with a foundational rebuild. The difficulty is to keep your head straight so you can properly assess the value of the trade offers.

20 hours ago, celtiksage said:

If they come all the way to 4, that could be a boatload like 3 firsts, two 2nd and the two 3rds they have this year. Heck leave out a first in 2023 and just give us all their picks this year and next year's 1st and 3rd. 😁

giphy.gif

We're gonna need a bigger boat...:lol:

19 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

3 hours ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I would like to point out that Kyle Smith who told Snyder not to take Haskins, and then was forced out by Rivera is now the Falcons vice president of player personnel. I'm sure he wouldn't mind bending that team over on draft pick compensation.  :lol:

Vengeance is a meal best served cold.  😈

On 4/8/2021 at 7:19 PM, JohnnyFranchise said:

hey snyder, how bad you want it?

Washington's defense rose to the challenge again in upset win vs. Steelers  - Washington Times

On 4/8/2021 at 7:20 PM, Sidecar Falcon said:

I would do that in a heartbeat 

On 4/8/2021 at 7:51 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Even for those who don’t like Ryan, you have to admit the thought of having him plus 5-7 additional draft picks is still enticing 

Get Chase Young in here plus a haul and all is forgiven!