Peter Schrager's first mock of the year...

6 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

Ima need that 2023 first as well if I’m going back all the way to 15.

Yeah, but I think that might be unrealistic honestly. SF overpaid. Put for next year's and this year's first and second (and maybe one extra 5th rounder this year if we could pull it out of them). I think trading with NE though will be like pulling teeth without anesthesia. 

10 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

Ima need that 2023 first as well if I’m going back all the way to 15.

Pats moving up from 15 to 4 is a bigger jump than Niners 12 to 3.

#4 is still a very valuable pick and a top 5 pick at that.

Pats gonna have to give up the farm this year and next year's draft.

This quote from the article jumped out at me:

"The Patriots don't envision having a pick as high as they currently do (15th) anytime soon, and this is their year to make a big move if they're ever going to get their blue-chip QB to develop."

Has no one from TATF explained to ol' Pete that you don't need to get your franchise QB in the 1st, that the middle rounds are just littered with future All-Pro QBs? 😉

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Pats moving up from 15 to 4 is a bigger jump than Niners 12 to 3.

#4 is still a very valuable pick and a top 5 pick at that.

Pats gonna have to give up the farm this year and next year's draft.

Umhm 

Bill would be lucky that he wears hoodies with short sleeves..... because we should fleece him if he wants #4.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Yeah, for so little compensation, we shouldn't even be returning their calls

Y'all greedy!

That's actually a pretty huge overpay on their part. My first thought in reading it was, "I doubt we get that much."

6 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Yeah, but I think that might be unrealistic honestly. SF overpaid. Put for next year's and this year's first and second (and maybe one extra 5th rounder this year if we could pull it out of them). I think trading with NE though will be like pulling teeth without anesthesia. 

You overlay for a QB

7 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

"The Patriots don't envision having a pick as high as they currently do (15th) anytime soon, and this is their year to make a big move if they're ever going to get their blue-chip QB to develop."

Has no one from TATF explained to ol' Pete that you don't need to get your franchise QB in the 1st, that the middle rounds are just littered with future All-Pro QBs? 😉

The irony of TATF lol

Precedent says you're wrong

It's an extra first, second, and third. By the value chart, they're paying about 800 points than needed. SF has screwed our perspectives a bit, but I'd be thrilled if we got a deal this good. We'd have three picks in the top 50 this year and three more picks in the first two rounds next year, five in the first three. That's how a thin roster gets deep.

If we can get more, I'm all for it, but this struck me as more than fair.

Just now, jidady said:

It's an extra first, second, and third. By the value chart, they're paying about 800 points than needed. SF has screwed our perspectives a bit, but I'd be thrilled if we got a deal this good. We'd have three picks in the top 50 this year and three more picks in the first two rounds next year, five in the first three. That's how a thin roster gets deep.

You force a team to spend more.

Especially if there's competition for the #4 pick. Make them pay very high for a QB.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

Screw the chart

"Trade value" goes out the window when a team is trading up for a QB

Take them for everything

Screw the chart

"Trade value" goes out the window when a team is trading up for a QB

Take them for everything

Yup

This is the same discussion that we have every year.

Value is relative... And when you're talking about trading for a quarterback all the metrics and suppose value get thrown out the window.

23 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

The Patriots have already used their once in a lifetime luck on a late round QB. We have not lol. 

50 minutes ago, jidady said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-pats-trade-up-for-justin-fields-cardinals

Falcons trade with New England, picking up #46 this year and their first and third round picks next year in exchange for dropping to #15.

Atlanta takes Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah at #15.

Only if we use him at SS