• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curious. What brought you to this conclusion?

End of Discussion. @Rings

This is a no brainer pitts is not only the best player available but the best player in the draft end of story.  How do you not take him. ? Trade down and fill needs? No this is a jj type player. Take

13 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

The biggest question on him is can he line up next to the tackles. And physically get open? They lined him up outside alot. So the bug question is are you drafting the best TE? The TE that can block and get physical then get open.

Or are you drafting a WR that you will play as a TE? I'm curious about him and like what I see, I just wonder if that is something GM are thinking about.

If you look @Sidecar Falcon's thread it shows that Pitts lined up inside 64% of the time in college. Kelce only lines up inside 44% of the time, if that helps.

15 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

And you know how Matt loved Tony G

JJ, Ridley pitts MR this is back to Matt’s mvp year talent with a better OL and just as good or maybe even better RB’s

now can we find a D? I think it is better

And the key here is not about MR.  This transcends both he & JJ & puts us in good shape for the new young QB for the future.

4 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Me too

besides his a freak of an athlete much like Julio that we traded away the farm for. We have a chance to get another JJ at the right spot

You bring up a good point when you mention JJ. Most of us are comparing Pitts to Chase, but should we put Pitts and JJ's measurables side by side, I wonder what it looks like. I think those measurables are in a couple different threads. I'll have to do some searching.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah I understated that. Regardless. No one else was saying it before a couple weeks ago. I was just wondering how he came to the conclusion

Pitts has been a top 5 pick since at least mid-season. Now some are saying 2nd best player, which is a new thing. But he's been ranked top 5 forever and almost everywhere.

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

You bring up a good point when you mention JJ. Most of us are comparing Pitts to Chase, but should we put Pitts and JJ's measurables side by side, I wonder what it looks like. I think those measurables are in a couple different threads. I'll have to do some searching.

It seems they are very close in those regards but again I don’t have the exact stats and will get torched if I make a mistake so.....

1 hour ago, anygivensunday11 said:

This is a no brainer pitts is not only the best player available but the best player in the draft end of story.  How do you not take him. ? Trade down and fill needs? No this is a jj type player. Take the 4th best qb nah.  Let’s win now, get pitts, you can always trade or draft a qb after Matt is gone. If the falcons pass on pitts at 4 , I will seriously question how smart the new staff really are. 

Kiper has him as the second best player in the draft behind Lawrence. 

1 hour ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Watching a lot of film on Kyle and him being the BPA , probably the best player in the draft. According to many people. Also just seems to be a waste to draft the 4 th best qb and let him sit for two years. 

Not sure I would even take QB1 really.

16 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

It's just highly ironic how all of a sudden, as of a couple weeks ago, Pitts is deemed the best player in the draft and a generational player lol. First it was said that Sewell was the 2nd best overall after Lawrence and now since an analyst said Pitts was this and that, everyone hopped on the train and didn't look back lol

Hey I have been saying QB and T would be a wasted pick. I am for trading back, but Pitts or Chase is my guy. I do like Surtain for defense though.

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

And others say if we draft a TE in the top 5, they will seriously question how smart the knew staff really are. Who can we trust? (But I agree with you quite a bit).

Those people are hung up on the TE designation. Hes a force multiplier and other than Chase I don't see anymore of those outside of QB.

I wish there was a Chase Young or Bosa brother but there isn't anything special too 10 on defense.

10 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Hey I have been saying QB and T would be a wasted pick. I for trading back, but Pitts or Chase is my guy. I do like Surtain for defense though.

I like JC Horn more than any of the other cb. If we trade back and pick secondary I hope he's the choice. I'm not knocking surtain though. He will have an Xavier Rhodes type career. Horn will be atleast margianally better I think.