This is a no brainer pitts is not only the best player available but the best player in the draft end of story.  How do you not take him. ? Trade down and fill needs? No this is a jj type player. Take the 4th best qb nah.  Let’s win now, get pitts, you can always trade or draft a qb after Matt is gone. If the falcons pass on pitts at 4 , I will seriously question how smart the new staff really are. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curious. What brought you to this conclusion?

End of Discussion. @Rings

This is a no brainer pitts is not only the best player available but the best player in the draft end of story.  How do you not take him. ? Trade down and fill needs? No this is a jj type player. Take

5 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

This is a no brainer pitts is not only the best player available but the best player in the draft end of story.  How do you not take him. ? Trade down and fill needs? No this is a jj type player. Take the 4th best qb nah.  Let’s win now, get pitts, you can always trade or draft a qb after Matt is gone. If the falcons pass on pitts at 4 , I will seriously question how smart the new staff really are. 

And others say if we draft a TE in the top 5, they will seriously question how smart the knew staff really are. Who can we trust? (But I agree with you quite a bit).

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Curious. What brought you to this conclusion?

Watching a lot of film on Kyle and him being the BPA , probably the best player in the draft. According to many people. Also just seems to be a waste to draft the 4 th best qb and let him sit for two years. 

I'm not going to question their smarts just because they don't pick Pitts.  That said, if Fontenot and Smith think Pitts is the next Tony Gonzalez or Travis Kelce they would be stupid not to take him at 4 just because it is rare to take a TE that high.  If he's their guy, they should get their guy.  That is the smart move.

1 minute ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Watching a lot of film on Kyle and him being the BPA , probably the best player in the draft. According to many people. Also just seems to be a waste to draft the 4 th best qb and let him sit for two years. 

Thanks. You proved a point I made in another thread that probably got overlooked

The biggest question on him is can he line up next to the tackles. And physically get open? They lined him up outside alot. So the bug question is are you drafting the best TE? The TE that can block and get physical then get open.

Or are you drafting a WR that you will play as a TE? I'm curious about him and like what I see, I just wonder if that is something GM are thinking about.

Just now, Mister pudding said:

At least I had some kind of factual basis in my Chase thread besides "it's a no brainer" whether or not people agree or not

It's just highly ironic how all of a sudden, as of a couple weeks ago, Pitts is deemed the best player in the draft and a generational player lol. First it was said that Sewell was the 2nd best overall after Lawrence and now since an analyst said Pitts was this and that, everyone hopped on the train and didn't look back lol

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

It's just highly ironic how all of a sudden, as of a couple weeks ago, Pitts is deemed the best player in the draft and a generational player lol. First it was said that Sewell was the 2nd best overall after Lawrence and now since an analyst said Pitts was this and that, everyone hopped on the train and didn't look back lol

Agreed. Whomever @Draftnut57watches on YouTube any given day 😂

Love the guy myself, but if they don't draft him, that doesn't mean they are wrong. There are a lot of great players at the top of this year's draft. 

The one point that you make, that I am in TOTAL agreement of is: Why take the #4 QB, when you can have the best of everybody else. 

Personally, I would take Sewell, but Pitts or Chase are fine with me too.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I still question whether Pitts is worth #4, but as more people seem to purport that he is, it does at least make me question if I'm right or not

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Quick question: Who is this "everybody" that you speak of? 🤪

Haha what facts? It’s all a bunch of people guessing . Heck at least 1 of the top 4 qbs will be a bust -watch.  And can you guess which one Atlanta will take? At least Ryan was the number 1 qb.  At 3 

I like pitts at 4 , you are free to disagree. It’s just what I want to happen after reading and watching pitts . 

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I still question whether Pitts is worth #4, but as more people seem to purport that he is, it does at least make me question if I'm right or not

I can't say he is and I can't say he isn't but I do know ultimately some players will be over drafted due to the circumstances and some real studs will fall to playoff contenders

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think it's a lot more than one analyst.