Former Falcon Phillip Adams kills 5 and kills himself

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a mental health crisis in our country.  This truly saddens me.  This is a bruise on our collective souls.

Hmm safety and special teamer killed doctor who was treating him. I hate to speculate but this stinks of CTE. I weep for the families now mourning lost loved ones and for the poor soul who lost his wa

You never know what a person is going through or thinking. Tell someone you love them, when you ask how someone is doing mean it. Stay safe family. 

6 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

There is a mental health crisis in our country.  This truly saddens me.  This is a bruise on our collective souls.

Yes it is and this pandemic is bring out the worse in everyone people are tired hurt discouraged lonely..after its all said and done this country is going to need alot of healing 

7 hours ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Hmm safety and special teamer killed doctor who was treating him. I hate to speculate but this stinks of CTE. I weep for the families now mourning lost loved ones and for the poor soul who lost his way and went down this horrible route

Dont you actually have to play to get cte? Idk

28 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Not fair to call him a coward. He was extremely mentally ill. There is no telling what was going on and I'll wait for all the info to come out before I speak ill of the dead 

He is a coward. I’m sorry but murdering people isn’t a symptom of being mentally ill. If he wanted to die, then he should’ve killed himself. People these days are always defending the suspects. It’s insane. 

I have friends with SEVERE PTSD and they don’t do **** like this. I’m sure he had issues but to take and plan the steps that are involved with a homicidal act like this, you’re not mentally ill enough to get away without guilt. Sorry. This screams premeditation. 

6 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

He is a coward. I’m sorry but murdering people isn’t a symptom of being mentally ill. If he wanted to die, then he should’ve killed himself. People these days are always defending the suspects. It’s insane. 

I have friends with SEVERE PTSD and they don’t do **** like this. I’m sure he had issues but to take and plan the steps that are involved with a homicidal act like this, you’re not mentally ill enough to get away without guilt. Sorry. This screams premeditation. 

Your points are taken but I cant fathom how any person can murder innocent children and not be totally batsh!t crazy.

6 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Definitely agree, if any of the murdered were my family members I wouldn't have much sympathy for him.. What he did to those innocent victims is totally unnecessary.. If you want to take yourself out, thats on you.. But when you do something like this to hurt innocent people, I lose alot of feelings no matter what the underlying issues are.. He absolutely knew killing innocent people is wrong and did it just to hurt the ones left behind that has to clean up the results of his bad decisions 

Just now, octoslash said:

Your points are taken but I cant fathom how any person can murder innocent children and not be totally batsh!t crazy.

Yeah man. Evil is very difficult to fathom. We will never know what went thru his mind but he had two gun (according to the article) so it was planned. 

Just now, Slumerican said:

Definitely agree, if any of the murdered were my family members I wouldn't have much sympathy for him.. What he did to those innocent victims is totally unnecessary.. If you want to take yourself out, thats on you.. But when you do something like this to hurt innocent people, I lose alot of feelings no matter what the underlying issues are.. He absolutely knew killing innocent people is wrong and did it just to hurt the ones left behind that has to clean up the results of his bad decisions 

100% man. I’ve been to enough homicide scenes to where I have no sympathy for the suspects. 

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Yeah man. Evil is very difficult to fathom. We will never know what went thru his mind but he had two gun (according to the article) so it was planned. 

Yup. 

There are thankfully 'guilty but insane' verdicts.  I dont know if they exist in all states though.  

6 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Everything is made into a crime issue. Mental health is too hard to understand for people so thus not taken as seriously. If we put as much effort into understanding and treating mental health as we do into tackling crime and drug dealers, we'd be a better country. We need to quit criminalizing everything and making people out to be the bad guy at every turn.

Amen brother. If treating it doesn't make them a profit, then it's useless in America.

10 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Why? Truth hurts? 

First, wasn't talking to you. That's why I didn't quote you.

Secondly, has nothing to do with what you believe to be truth is or isn't. This thread is on the brink of dissolving into a full-fledged pissing match and sometimes it's better to nip it in the bud before it gets to that point.

9 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

First, wasn't talking to you. That's why I didn't quote you.

Secondly, has nothing to do with what you believe to be truth is or isn't. This thread is on the brink of dissolving into a full-fledged pissing match and sometimes it's better to nip it in the bud before it gets to that point.

First. You didn’t quote anyone so you were talking to all of us. 

Second. If one cannot speak. One cannot live. Suppression of speech is tyranny.  The truth is that 6 innocent people were murdered today. One 5 one 9. “He’s a good boy though.”  

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

First. You didn’t quote anyone so you were talking to all of us. 

Second. If one cannot speak. One cannot live. Suppression of speech is tyranny.  The truth is that 6 innocent people were murdered today. One 5 one 9. “He’s a good boy though.”  

First, I was just posting in general. I wasn't singling anyone out.

Second, you don't have freedom of speech on this message board. I know, I got PM'd a few days ago and warned to stop cussing on here or I would be given a vacation.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

First, I was just posting in general. I wasn't singling anyone out.

Second, you don't have freedom of speech on this message board. I know, I got PM'd a few days ago and warned to stop cussing on here or I would be given a vacation.

First. OK. 

And you had and have my full support on the second point. I agree. Blanked out in the moment curse words should not illicit a suspension which I’ve received plenty. There are no children here and we don’t act out that much. Even the “kids” here are teenagers and they as I know with teenage daughters are exposed to way more heinous stuff than TATF. Have a good night. 

2 hours ago, Slumerican said:

And you know this how?

I'm sorry, but as much as this is a "the ends don't justify the means" situation, people playing armchair psychologist or psychic and diagnosing people despite never having met them or knowing them personally is not cool.

Yeah, it could have been that. It could have been that he was in a great deal of pain, sank into despair, and didn't want to die alone. Could have been several other reasons out of a million. People are unique. Though there are those who somehow manages to cope with the pain, there are many others that have turned to suicide and/or homicide. Many more turn to drugs, alcohol, and other forms of addiction and substance abuse. Mental struggles are just that, mental, meaning it's 24/7, 365 days a year in your head.

Bottom line is that this is just a sad outcome for a troubled man and his family and friends.

Focus on that.

15 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

And you know this how?

I'm sorry, but as much as this is a "the ends don't justify the means" situation, people playing armchair psychologist or psychic and diagnosing people despite never having met them or knowing them personally is not cool.

Yeah, it could have been that. It could have been that he was in a great deal of pain, sank into despair, and didn't want to die alone. Could have been several other reasons out of a million. People are unique. Though there are those who somehow manages to cope with the pain, there are many others that have turned to suicide and/or homicide. Many more turn to drugs, alcohol, and other forms of addiction and substance abuse. Mental struggles are just that, mental, meaning it's 24/7, 365 days a year in your head.

Bottom line is that this is just a sad outcome for a troubled man and his family and friends.

Focus on that.

Nope. It’s not a “sad” outcome. It’s a horrific outcome for the victims that did not deserve this “outcome”. The troubled man does not get to take lives away and be explained away due to his “troubles”. Narcissism at it’s finest. Living with his parents. They FAILED him. They never told him no. Obviously. He failed himself and took out innocent victims. Selfishly. That’s it. Angry man with a gun. His parents did not raise him properly. Obviously he was their “golden ticket” that didn’t work out. This was a hate crime. Nothing more. To kill a 5 year old and a 9 year old is hate. Hate is a mental illness. Right? This was a race based crime. No different than than the KKK or white suprematism. Same crime. On and on and yet you want to marginalize it due to other exterior factors that is BS. Maybe folks should use this heinous act to burn down businesses or homes or lives in XYZ communities. You ok with that?