Jump to content

Subject change from the number four pick...


Recommended Posts

REALLY like Talanoa Hufanga out of USC. Watch his tape. He is an enforcer in the mold of Keanu Neal and seems to be around the ball alot. Early 3rd rounder.

Also Tariq Thompson out of San Diego State, great instincts and has good db/slot skills to mitigate RB/TE routes. 4th or 5th rounder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theirs a ton of prospects in the 2-4 range.

Adarius Washington is vertically challenged but is such a good football player. I think with the success of recent short safeties, Teams will likely get over his height and draft him where he deserves (Late 2nd-Early 3rd)

Andre Cisco is intriguing and likely would have gone much higher if not for the ACL Tear. Can probably get him in the 3rd or maybe even the early 4th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This position is why the Falcons could really benefit from a trade down scenario that results in ATL acquiring more 2nd and 3rd round picks:

1. the Falcons need to add multiple safeties

2. There are a LOT of safeties worthy of a mid-round pick and (based on the history of the draft) at least one of those safeties picked rounds 2-4 will end up being a 10-year vet that anchors the secondary for a defense that competes for Super Bowls. 

The more chances the Falcons have to select that Safety, the more likely they are to get it right. 

The top safeties according to TATF chatter are Moehring and Grant, with Moehring not making it past the 2nd round (and maybe late 1st) and Grant not making it past the 3rd (maybe 2nd). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

This position is why the Falcons could really benefit from a trade down scenario that results in ATL acquiring more 2nd and 3rd round picks:

1. the Falcons need to add multiple safeties

2. There are a LOT of safeties worthy of a mid-round pick and (based on the history of the draft) at least one of those safeties picked rounds 2-4 will end up being a 10-year vet that anchors the secondary for a defense that competes for Super Bowls. 

The more chances the Falcons have to select that Safety, the more likely they are to get it right. 

The top safeties according to TATF chatter are Moehring and Grant, with Moehring not making it past the 2nd round (and maybe late 1st) and Grant not making it past the 3rd (maybe 2nd). 

What's your opinion of those top safeties ? Would we be better off just going with the guys in the later rounds ?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously, if you drop to mid-late first, Moehrig is head and shoulders above the crowd.

After that, Grant the likely 2nd guy in round 2.

Then keep an eye on Tyree Gillespie out of Mizzou, late 2, solid 3, imo.

Of the next tier that can develop to be good? My list is...

Cisco, Syracuse 4-5

Washington, TCU 2-4

Caden Sterns, Texas 4-5

Richard LeCounte, UGA 5-7/UDFA

Paris Ford, PITT 5-7/UDFA

Jacoby Stevens, LSU 4-7/UDFA

...and a sleeper is Reed Blankenship out of Middle Tenn. Kid can play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

What's your opinion of those top safeties ? Would we be better off just going with the guys in the later rounds ?? 

both/and, not either/or, imo. Atlanta needs two starting safeties they can count on for the next 5+ years. I don't believe FA resolved that issue. So if I was TF/AS, I'd be looking to draft the best Safety on the board with pick 35 (assuming they don't trade down). Moehring may not be there at 35, but I think there's a good chance Grant is available at 68. One of the safeties ATL has ranked in their top 5 at the position will be available at 108.

In a trade down scenario in which Atlanta acquired multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks, it wouldn't upset me at all to see them draft Surtains + two of the top three safeties with 3 of their first four picks. Stocking the secondary cupboard with talent will go a long way toward helping the D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Doug Carlton said:

REALLY like Talanoa Hufanga out of USC. Watch his tape. He is an enforcer in the mold of Keanu Neal and seems to be around the ball alot. Early 3rd rounder.

Also Tariq Thompson out of San Diego State, great instincts and has good db/slot skills to mitigate RB/TE routes. 4th or 5th rounder.

Yeah Iike the trojan missle too but can he be anything more than a box safety in the NFL? Personally I think he could turn into a well rounded SS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah Iike the trojan missle too but can he be anything more than a box safety in the NFL? Personally I think he could turn into a well rounded SS

He looks faster than Neal ever was. Hits like a truck. But he has that "Flying thru the air Super-Fly Snuka" in his game also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...