Rumors Fly Connecting Broncos to Falcon's No. 4 Pick After Atlanta Opens for Business - SI.com

19 minutes ago, Rings said:

They have a new GM but Elway is still there and needs to figure out the QB position and Lock isn’t the answer.  I disagree Bears wouldn’t go after another QB because the missed with Trubisky, they know Dalton isn’t saving their job.

Yea but this guy hears everything so...you're wrong lol

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lions have a buttload of future picks thanks to their trade with the Rams. Do they want to throw all that into the mix for the 4th or 5th best QB in this draft or wait until next year and get the

This would put us in a perfect spot to get parsons or surtain. I'm leaning parsons though because when you watch him on the field his instincts are off the charts. A lot of times he's where the ball c

On that front, Breer suggested the Detroit Lions are a team to “keep an eye on” to potentially jump the Broncos in the race for a QB. DET is in perfect spot with Stafford trade. They can trade up

3 hours ago, celtiksage said:

No. I don't want a QB. I want a trade down or Pitts, but if half of what the analysts say is right, TF and AS could want a QB (Fields to be exact). Even with Fields, he's on the bench for at least 2 years. 2023 is the only time it's palatable to move Ryan if he doesn't retire.

Do you think TF saw how effective the saints were with Drew and Taysom and that taking a Fields or Lance and having specific plays that feature their strengths with Ryan is something they consider?

Taking a QB doesn't necessarily mean they will sit for two years but have a certain amount of plays pretty game they feature them? This way they get to develop slowly and contribute right away. Just a thought I've been wondering about

1 minute ago, Spongebob said:

Do you think TF saw how effective the saints were with Drew and Taysom and that taking a Fields or Lance and having specific plays that feature their strengths with Ryan is something they consider?

Taking a QB doesn't necessarily mean they will sit for two years but have a certain amount of plays pretty game they feature them? This way they get to develop slowly and contribute right away. Just a thought I've been wondering about

Yeah they could definitely do that. If the new QB can throw a fade to the back of the endzone, that's where I'd start. 🤣🤣

But certainly they could do it. And just because a guy isn't starting doesn't mean he isn't learning and practicing and being groomed. He can get lots of reps againt the starting D. 

2 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Yeah they could definitely do that. If the new QB can throw a fade to the back of the endzone, that's where I'd start. 🤣🤣

But certainly they could do it. And just because a guy isn't starting doesn't mean he isn't learning and practicing and being groomed. He can get lots of reps againt the starting D. 

🤣🤣 Also Fields and Lance add the dual threat option. Fields 4.4 is faster than Ryan's 6.4 🤣

Edited by Spongebob
On 4/7/2021 at 3:30 PM, FalconsGM said:

Yes it is true, and he already has incredible experience in my opinion considering what he went through with the Jets. 

The Panthers are building a very big defense and with Darnold at QB and Joe Brady at OC, I'm more worried about the Panthers than I am about the Saints and Bucs.I'm keeping an eye on them personally.

Not worried a about the buccs oh ok lololololol. This isn't year 2035.

Edited by BLM
12 hours ago, FalconsGM said:

Because he is tired of being sacked and because the Seahawks are not looking to protect him, and Ciara wants to go to Chicago from what I hear

Even "mobile" QBs slow down and want a line.  Mahomes would have given several pay checks to have had two healthy tackles in the SB.  Running is great, if it's controlled.  

8 minutes ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

Even if it was already posted it is new to me. The only issue I see here is that picks need to be spread out further then all of them this year. If we took all of Washington picks that’s a ton of rookies to sign and suddenly the article from a few days ago questioning if we could sign our rookie class looks a lot more plausible 

20 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Even if it was already posted it is new to me. The only issue I see here is that picks need to be spread out further then all of them this year. If we took all of Washington picks that’s a ton of rookies to sign and suddenly the article from a few days ago questioning if we could sign our rookie class looks a lot more plausible 

We'll have to restructure/extend someone (probably Grady) as it is to sign our rookies.

22 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

The further you go from the pocket the more injury you get in my opinion. That's why pocket QB's last longer in the NFL with a good O-line of course, Andrew Luck comes to mind even though he was mobile but you know what I mean

And yes totally agree with you Mahomes already has a LG but with the 2OT they had this o-line would have been very good. Tom Brady understood years ago that to win titles you have to earn less money, too bad not many QB's understand that because the battle for the Superbowl would be exciting every year

That's why mobile QBs have high sack numbers and massive open field hits.  

23 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

The further you go from the pocket the more injury you get in my opinion. That's why pocket QB's last longer in the NFL with a good O-line of course, Andrew Luck comes to mind even though he was mobile but you know what I mean

And yes totally agree with you Mahomes already has a LG but with the 2OT they had this o-line would have been very good. Tom Brady understood years ago that to win titles you have to earn less money, too bad not many QB's understand that because the battle for the Superbowl would be exciting every year

Tom got his.  The perception he took less is true to a point.  His endorsements from winning Superbowls far outweighed his Patriots money.  Gronk did the same to a point.  Winning allows that.

4 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

Yes but the problem with teams with a mobile QB is that they often forget to build a good O-Line for the QB. They think that he will find a solution when he gets out of the pocket. 

Even if many teams forget to build a good O-Line in my opinion, the O-Line is the 2nd most important part of an offense after the QB 

For me, the Oline is the most important thing.  Average to bad QBs win Superbowls with great lines and defense.

23 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

Exactly, an Elite O-Line. It is very dangerous, because it allows the play to develop. Too many teams prefer bad o-line, elite QB, it's a shame. For me the example to follow is the Colts, I love Chris Ballard he is the best GM in my eyes, he has understood everything about how to build an NFL team.

Even if for me the most important part of an O-Line is the left side, often the blind side of the QB. My order is LT-LG-RT-C-RG, I don't know if you agree with me

I completely agree with you!!!

Thanks Terry, I always appreciate your level headed and logical takes.  So glad we hired you!!  🤘😎

1 hour ago, FalconsGM said:

I was always taught that football is won on the line of scrimmage, the further you are from that line the less important you are. 

Overpaid wide receiver and running back or tight end is not for me. I prefer to pay the QB,LT,LG,RT,C for the RG I draft 1 every 5 years in the first round. The skills player either at FA or from round 2 but never pay them. The development of players is the most important for me, it is necessary to anticipate the needs and draft a player before the need at his position is felt. Develop him with the veterans and when the contract is finished we replace and therefore we never overpay a player. 

On defense we pay IDL's because the pressure from the inside is more important and difficult to create, for the edges a 1st round every 5 years is easy to find an edge rusher. Take example on the Steelers. Paying for 2 shutdown corners is very important and gives the D-Line time to pressure the QB. For the LB's you have to pay only 1 of the 2 as we do and develop the 2nd before the need is felt. And the S's it depends on what he asks for in salary. 

And most importantly create depth chart without forgetting the ST.  The ST is often forgotten but the Gunners and the Upback and Jammers are important for the punt. 

Here is my philosophy, it's long. But I can't wait to know what you think about it 

It's a little utopian maybe. It works some if everything goes perfectly, which it never does. One player doesn't pan out or injuries happen then the plan is shot. 

It also fails to take into account how good the position groups are in each draft as well as how good/shallow your own position groups are. I think skill positions are extremely important, especially at the highest level (every positional group is important and affects others).

Every team and situation is unique and it's difficult and maybe even detrimental to have a set and strict philosophy that you follow.

Flexibility is key.

6 hours ago, Aluminafalcon said:

It would cost less to sign every pick we would receive than it would to sign #4 overall.