Nick Wrtight SHOCKED Atlanta Falcons open to trading No. 4 draft pick

FWIW

I have supported MR since he was drafted. I'll continue to pull for him as long as he's here. Not blaming MR but that nasty SB loss hangs over this teams head.

Just like we changed HC and GM a new QB gives us a clean fresh new start. Out with the old in with the new. 

I don't really get into who likes my post or not. It's all opinions. We all pull for the same team. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From that beard he looks like he's been left off the backstreet boys 

Brandon Marshall spitting facts.

For those that didn't watch the video, he DOES NOT say Atlanta should take a QB. He says Atlanta should stay at #4 and take BPA, which in his opinion isn't a QB.  Also, Brandon Marshall spitting

48 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Gotta stay at 4 and get that new QB.

Matt is good but we will never win a championship with him as our QB.

Matt's a statue in the pocket. Yes the ol was not good but Matt just stands there with little to no movement. His strength is definitely not improvising and making a play when the original play breaks down. 

The sooner we get that new QB  this team can move forward. This team needs a new leader.

JMO.

So much wrong with this post

5 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

FWIW

I have supported MR since he was drafted. I'll continue to pull for him as long as he's here. Not blaming MR but that nasty SB loss hangs over this teams head.

Just like we changed HC and GM a new QB gives us a clean fresh new start. Out with the old in with the new. 

I don't really get into who likes my post or not. It's all opinions. We all pull for the same team. 

A perfectly logical take.

My local Rec club wanted to start a basketball league.  Forty players signed up for the 5 teams.  Of the players that were going to play, 4 of them were quality 7 footers and played center.  The rest of us were average Joes.  So at draft time who do you think was drafted with the first 4 picks?  The QB in today's NFL carries that kind of positional value.  That said a trade down is our best option if the value of picks is there.

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Hayden Hurst is our long-term answer for this team. He was brought in last year to be our starting tight end. Not to mention we just brought in Lee which means we have like five tight ends now. But again Pitts is not a tight end, he's a receiver. And you're the one that said najee Harris was not a first-round pick. I don't really get into numbers, I could care less where Pitts is ranked. If we want to get a receiver, why not go with Chase. He could probably block better than Pitts. Falcon fans love shiny hood ornaments. They love the ones that run the fastest and jump the highest. Better be worried about if they can play football or not. 

So were questioning if Pitts can play football?  Lol.  He just dominated the SEC.  No One had a matchup for him.  Thats including UGA and BAMA.  Hes a football player first.  I dont care what his label is, hes too big, too long and too fast for most guys in the NFL. There is a reason why people are drooling over him.  

31 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Where to begin.

1) Hurst is a mid to low-level TE. Nothing more. No different than Mike Davis at RB. Both are FA's next offseason. Neither present any sort of Elite ability or present mismatches. Hurst SHOULD given his athletic ability but he simply does not. Hurst disappeared in countless games. 7 games he had less than 30 yards; 5 of which he had less than 10 yards. Lee is nothing more than a blocking TE and is also a FA after the year. If you think we cannot upgrade from this group I don't know what you have been watching. 

Perhaps - with him just having Koetter dialing stuff up, hard to be sure, but we will know for certain next year. I am curious to see if AS can get something more out of him. I believe he has the tools it's just a matter of him putting things together...like his odds better with the new regime but we do need a 2nd TE regardless.

3 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Hayden Hurst is our long-term answer for this team. He was brought in last year to be our starting tight end. Not to mention we just brought in Lee which means we have like five tight ends now. But again Pitts is not a tight end, he's a receiver. And you're the one that said najee Harris was not a first-round pick. I don't really get into numbers, I could care less where Pitts is ranked. If we want to get a receiver, why not go with Chase. He could probably block better than Pitts. Falcon fans love shiny hood ornaments. They love the ones that run the fastest and jump the highest. Better be worried about if they can play football or not. 

You continually diss pitts’s blocking,  yet you come in here with a straight face saying Hurst is the answer? Did you even bother watching HH block last season? It was atrocious. 

We get it, you want a QB. And like most of the others who do, you’re blinded by it. 

31 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Perhaps - with him just having Koetter dialing stuff up, hard to be sure, but we will know for certain next year. I am curious to see if AS can get something more out of him. I believe he has the tools it's just a matter of him putting things together...like his odds better with the new regime but we do need a 2nd TE regardless.

It’s not like we have a tight end from a previous year to compare how well Koetter schemes for tight ends . Oh wait we do Austin hooper

2019 75 catches 787 yards 6 touchdowns

funny enough hooper stats dropped in 2020 which would signal that koetter targeted tight end more than Cleveland 

i like hurst. He is great guy sounds like he fought through a lot buuuuut he hasn’t proven he is tight end 1 material. Maybe he balls out this year but his job isn’t safe

Edited by Aluminafalcon
2 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

For those that didn't watch the video, he DOES NOT say Atlanta should take a QB. He says Atlanta should stay at #4 and take BPA, which in his opinion isn't a QB. 

Also, Brandon Marshall spitting fire (paraphrased). 'Matt Ryan gives them the greatest chance to win. He's the answer, not the problem. 10 straight 4,000 yard seasons. Only Drew Brees has a longer streak. The problem is Dan Quinn's defense, it has always been Dan Quinn's defense.' 

Quinn knows where the bodies are. The cowboys just signed up for another trash defense 

33 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

i like hurst. He is great guy sounds like he fought through a lot buuuuut he hasn’t proven he is tight end 1 material. Maybe he balls out this year but his job isn’t safe

This is where I'm at. I'd love him to play here until he retires, but he needs to make a jump with his performance.

Given Smith's game-calling proclivities, TE is a glaring need for us. It's not up for debate.

8 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

Quinn knows where the bodies are. The cowboys just signed up for another trash defense 

My cousin's a big Cowboys fan and asked me about Quinn. 'If you like the CBs to play 10 yards off, dropping DEs into coverage, and never blitzing, then you're going to love Quinn.' was my response. 

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Man can't you guys lay off the pitts crap. Never draft a tight end in the top five. Especially when it's not even a complete tight end. Man what's going on with this fan base

You keep saying this, and you keep being wrong.

Again, you don’t win the Mackey Award being an incomplete TE.

For Christ sake, have you not watched any of his film?  The dude lines up everywhere. X, Z, Y, slot, motion... screens, short, intermediate, and deep routes... and he dominates 50/50 balls, high points catches with his hands, and makes amazing acrobatic receptions that most receivers could never dream of making.  AND, on top of all this, he actually can block just fine when asked to.

He is a freak of nature athlete with incredible hands and body control.

You're literally the only clown on the planet that doesn’t understand he’s a WR in a TE’s body, we don’t need him to block DE’s, and because he’s so versatile he’s absolutely perfect for the 12 personnel AS loves to run.

3 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Matt Ryans  not a top five quarterback anymore bro. I know you're a big fan of his, but let' try to keep a little common sense here. 

No rookie drafted will be better than Ryan until maybe year 4. So why not use those next 3 years, before we get a new QB. I am ok replacing Ryan if we need to, but again we don't need to. I am ok if you don't think Ryan is good. I guess you think LJ is better, because he can run? **** I can throw better than him. 

3 hours ago, Wjcorner said:

Well since you didn’t watch, I’ll shoot Nick some bail. He said he wouldn’t draft a QB because Ryan still has years left, that instead of taking the assumed 4th best QB, you could decide who the best player at any other position is and take them.

Thanks I just thought it was the same BS. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

You continually diss pitts’s blocking,  yet you come in here with a straight face saying Hurst is the answer? Did you even bother watching HH block last season? It was atrocious. 

We get it, you want a QB. And like most of the others who do, you’re blinded by it. 

Hurst blocks badly.  

34 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

No rookie drafted will be better than Ryan until maybe year 4. So why not use those next 3 years, before we get a new QB. I am ok replacing Ryan if we need to, but again we don't need to. I am ok if you don't think Ryan is good. I guess you think LJ is better, because he can run? **** I can throw better than him. 

Show me one time where I said Ryan should not be the quarterback next year or the year after. Even if we drafted Trevor Lawrence he should not start over Ryan . I'm talking about the future. I still think Ryan's a good quarterback. I also think he is declining, he's not the same quarterback as he was 5 years ago. And I think we should start looking to the Future. 

Just now, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Show me one time where I said Ryan should not be the quarterback next year or the year after. Even if we drafted Trevor Lawrence he should not start over Ryan . I'm talking about the future. I still think Ryan's a good quarterback. I also think he is declining, he's not the same quarterback as he was 5 years ago. And I think we should start looking to the Future. 

I don't see him as declining, but more as trying to make up for the team, scheme etc. I think with a new/better scheme we will see him calm down some with everyone playing better. If Matt truly had 1 year, maybe even 2 then I would agree ge the new guy now. I just think he has 3 years easy, but could play at pretty decent level up to 5 years. So thats why I think its to early.