In the comic book medium, DC > Marvel

In the film medium, Marvel >>>>> DC

Image Comics is better than both of them though. Saga, Invincible, Chew, Walking Dead, Wicked + Divine. By far the best stories.

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

A bit more grounded.  DC was always more "Gods" than Superheroes.  Marvel was broken people with real lives trying to do good.  Easier to relate to the Marvel universe.  IMHO.  

I’ve always felt DC, in comic book form, has always done a better job of humanizing their heroes and exploring the human psyche. A lot of Batman books are praised for it. Even All Star Superman did a great job of humanizing a literal God.

I think of Killer runs and stand alone in comics and they majority are DC. The top of the food chain in Marvel has always been  X-men in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Image Comics is better than both of them though. Saga, Invincible, Chew, Walking Dead, Wicked + Divine. By far the best stories.

The Marvel Movie machine has gotten pretty awful. They have one plot and they just keep regurgitating it. When they try and do something different, like WandaVision, they stumble at the end because they still can't deal with real emotions, everything can be dealt with using magic!

As for DC if the only way you can fix your bad movies is to make even longer versions of them, you're doing it wrong.

7 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Just saying. Who does Marvel have that can beat Superman? No one. Cyborg vs Iron Man- Even fight. Captain America vs. Aquaman- even fight. Wonder Woman would kill Black Widow. Superman could take out Hulk and Thor by himself. Dont see how people even think Marvel would have a chance. Pitts should still be our pick at 4. 

Doctor Strange could easily slip through a portal and find Kryptonite, thus rendering your Superman as useless as a QB coach on the Bucs. Especially if Gene Hackman was able to find some in Superman 1 lol.

Just now, xianshino said:

Doctor Strange could easily slip through a portal and find Kryptonite, thus rendering your Superman as useless as a QB coach on the Bucs. Especially if Gene Hackman was able to find some in Superman 1 lol.

The best Superman movie is Superman II because it dealt with the most powerful being in the world having to struggle with the weight of all that while also trying to be human for the planet that adopted him. He chose to give it all up for Lois but it turns out that being human isn't what he is about.

The internal struggle of superheroes trying to be super is more interesting that fighting alien space worms.

31 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'm an indy guy myself.  Loving Boom Studios recent output.

• Rings locked this topic