"Atlanta holds the keys to the draft with the 4th pick right now..."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya love to see it!  Let's get into a bidding war and drive the cost of 4 up imho!

Did the guy actually say Ryan will be ok with Alex Smith like transition? Matt Ryan knows he is on cusp of HOF and can get in with a ring. If there was a rebuild in ATL, he would be demanding trade by

Is any one surprised? TF said weeks ago, he is talking to the other teams about the #4 pick. 

1 minute ago, athell said:

4th qb or Pitts imo

I'm not seeing the move up for a wr only because it's such a deep class but I'd say it's either of Fields/Lance or Pitts.

Well if the Falcons want to move back. Grab a defender and build the team through the draft who am i to judge xD

2 minutes ago, athell said:

4th qb or Pitts imo

I'm not seeing the move up for a wr only because it's such a deep class but I'd say it's either of Fields/Lance or Pitts.

Yeah, I was assuming quarterback. I suppose to rephrase, do you think Fields and Lance would be of higher trade value in a bid war if they're there at #4 rather than Lance and Jones. I know different teams may have different preferences. If Wilson somehow dropped, it could increase exponentially

14 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Yeah, I was assuming quarterback. I suppose to rephrase, do you think Fields and Lance would be of higher trade value in a bid war if they're there at #4 rather than Lance and Jones. I know different teams may have different preferences. If Wilson somehow dropped, it could increase exponentially

I do think Fields/Lance will make people bite harder than any one of the two plus Jones.  Especially with the way everyone is clamoring for mobile qb's, Jones doesn't really fit that mold.

It's hard though because the Jones to SF talk seems legit...so if it goes Lawrence, Wilson, Jones leaving Fields and Lance I actually think that will get teams moving more than Fields or Lance and Jones.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I do think Fields/Lance will make people bite harder than any one of the two plus Jones.  Especially with the way everyone is clamoring for mobile qb's, Jones doesn't really fit that mold.

It's hard though because the Jones to SF talk seems legit...so if it goes Lawrence, Fields, Jones leaving Fields and Lance I actually think that will get teams moving more than Fields or Lance and Jones.

My thoughts exactly... assuming you meant Lawrence, Wilson, Jones

18 minutes ago, athell said:

4th qb or Pitts imo

I could also see a team who really wants Sewell trying to move to 4, because I'm pretty sure the Bengals want Sewell over Chase, despite Joe Burrow himself campaigning for Chase

30 minutes ago, athell said:

They shouldn't have been...but some viewed the Carolina and SF trades as hurting the value of 4.

Carolina's move does dampen the heat a bit because that is one less team interested in a qb now.

So that is a little bit less leverage to use.... because the demand diminishes while the supply stayed the same..

But overall, we are still in fantastic position to get a boat load of picks for 4......that boat is just a bit smaller.

1 minute ago, blizzard_falcon said:

I could also see a team who really wants Sewell trying to move to 4, because I'm pretty sure the Bengals want Sewell over Chase, despite Joe Burrow himself campaigning for Chase

I could see that as well, actually.  There seems to be a lot of buzz around Slater though too, some even thinking he may be the better prospect, so I left him off but yea...I could see someone moving up to secure the franchise LT.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Carolina's move does dampen the heat a bit because that is one less team interested in a qb now.

So that is a little bit less leverage to use.... because the demand diminishes while the supply stayed the same..

But overall, we are still in fantastic position to get a boat load of picks for 4......that boat is just a bit smaller.

Yea but realistically we were never trading with a division rival ya know?

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

4 minutes ago, athell said:

I don't think CAR or DET impacts the value by much. if there is Fields/Lance or Jones at #4. One of them will have to jump to get the guy. If you are Denver or Patriots, you need to jump to #4 for shot at the QB left. CAR and DET will grab Fields or Lance if they fall. If DET is desperate, they might move up. DET can move up or down though. 

1 minute ago, athell said:

Not talking about necessarily trading with them.

I'm talking about for the teams that are drafting behind them.

The idea of trading with them was always a very far reach because of what we would need to trade with a division rival.

34 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

CAR, DET, DEN and NE are all in the hunt for QB.How much each team can give up is going to be interesting. You might see a team like DAL jump up for Chase or Pitts. 

Yep. People keep forgetting about DET. They didn't downgrade at QB from Stafford to Goff just to sit on their hands. He's not their future. It was a salary cap move that netted them more draft capital because they had cap space and the Rams needed cap space.

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not talking about necessarily trading with them.

I'm talking about for the teams that are drafting behind them.

The idea of trading with them was always a very far reach because of what we would need to trade with a division rival.

Yeah it's one less team to worry about taking a QB, I get it.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yep. People keep forgetting about DET. They didn't downgrade at QB from Stafford to Goff just to sit on their hands. He's not their future. It was a salary cap move that netted them more draft capital because they had cap space and the Rams needed cap space.

Their GM came out and said as much, they aren't married to Goff.