I’m all team Chase

If we stay at 4 this is who I want. I’ll be ok with Pitts but I prefer Chase. Dude didn’t play this year but had the discipline and maturity to stay in shape and go kill his pro day. He is an alpha dog that’s beaten all the best CB’s in the SEC and our own AJ from the ACC. And we all know what’s gonna happen with JJ. He will get injured at some point. 
We will probably move on from JJ anyway at some point so I would take Chase now. How ironic would it be for AJ and Chase to be on the same team going at it every day in practice. And yeah I’m talking bout practice.😀

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm looking for the Falcons to do something unexpected.  Out if left field. 😈🖤

We’ve mostly been hearing about Pitts but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Chase. Both are #1 at their position, but didn’t TF say something like we’re gonna let other teams talk about the draft, but we are gonna be quiet. Paraphrasing. 

Both Chase and Pitts perfectly fit what TF has been preaching. TF has consistently said

Have to find Value and get contributors in draft.

Not afraid to add to strength with big picture in mind.

Both Pitts and Chase give options to move on from Julio next year, if AS and TF chose to move on. Also gives more options on Ridleys contract. 

37 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'm not against Chase per se, but I don't see him as a better choice than Pitts. He would be wr3 for two seasons. Also there is just a ton of good wr prospects throughout the draft.

That’s essentially what Pitts would be. The 3rd option from Ryan. Either or is fine with me. I think Chase has the bigger upside long term. 

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

Look up Falcons in the dictionary. I'm sure it says in there somewhere, "just one of the turds in the turd pile." Or "Falcons gonna falc."

They're like synonyms at this point.

and at the bottom of the definition, where it lists synonyms, it will say something along the lines of 'also see 28-3'

:ninja:

54 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Both Chase and Pitts perfectly fit what TF has been preaching. TF has consistently said

Have to find Value and get contributors in draft.

Not afraid to add to strength with big picture in mind.

Both Pitts and Chase give options to move on from Julio next year, if AS and TF chose to move on. Also gives more options on Ridleys contract. 

Which sounds great until the defense can't get a stop in the 4th quarter.

The idea of adding to a strength is  good but only if you have shores up the weaknesses on your team....and while TF has some what done that we still have wayyyyyy too many holes that need plugging before adding a guy like Chase.

Atleast Pitts offers some more formational flexibility.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Which sounds great until the defense can't get a stop in the 4th quarter.

The idea of adding to a strength is  good but only if you have shores up the weaknesses on your team....and while TF has some what done that we still have wayyyyyy too many holes that need plugging before adding a guy like Chase.

Atleast Pitts offers some more formational flexibility.

You have eight other picks in the draft. May be outside of Surtain in round 1, is there any blue chip talent on D?

1 hour ago, ike barn87987 said:

If we stay at 4 this is who I want. I’ll be ok with Pitts but I prefer Chase. Dude didn’t play this year but had the discipline and maturity to stay in shape and go kill his pro day. He is an alpha dog that’s beaten all the best CB’s in the SEC and our own AJ from the ACC. And we all know what’s gonna happen with JJ. He will get injured at some point. 
We will probably move on from JJ anyway at some point so I would take Chase now. How ironic would it be for AJ and Chase to be on the same team going at it every day in practice. And yeah I’m talking bout practice.😀

Chase only has one year of good production in college. He opted out when the other top athletes competed and we already have Ridley. 

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You have eight other picks in the draft. May be outside of Surtain in round 1, is there any blue chip talent?

I've seen people make that comment.. and you are correct but the draft is way too much of a crap shoot.

Even in the best of years you're only going to hit on half of those eight.

It really depends on how you define "Blue Chip" because there are several defenders along the front seven that could have a bigger impact on the team then a guy like Chase would.

Imo....if we can trade back to Denver's spot then we could come away with 3 or 4 extra picks... including potentially a 1st next year and we could conceivably still have our pick of any of the defenders..Surtain, Farley, Parsons etc.....one of those guys plus a first next year is better than Chase or Pitts at 4 imo.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

I've seen people make that comment.. and you are correct but the draft is way too much of a crap shoot.

Even in the best of years you're only going to hit on half of those eight.

It really depends on how you define "Blue Chip" because there are several defenders along the front seven that could have a bigger impact on the team then a guy like Chase would.

Imo....if we can trade back to Denver's spot then we could come away with 3 or 4 extra picks... including potentially a 1st next year and we could conceivably still have our pick of any of the defenders..Surtain, Farley, Parsons etc.....one of those guys plus a first next year is better than Chase or Pitts at 4 imo.

I am against Qb at 4, but if Farley is going to be the pick. I hope they pick a QB. I will be excited with Surtain and ok with Parsons. Farley is falling down fast.

If we are going after a weapon at #4, I don't know if I'd want Pitts or Chase. I don't love the idea of taking a WR at #4 overall who is gonna be the 3rd WR. I also don't like taking a TE who couldn't block well in college so is gonna have an even more difficult time blocking in the NFL.  

I also believe Julio is done leading this team in receiving. But, every single move has to be approved by Blank and we all know he loves Julio (rightfully so). With that said, I don't see Blank allowing us to  trade Julio. He's gonna keep him in Atlanta fo as long as Julio wants. 

2 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

If we are going after a weapon at #4, I don't know if I'd want Pitts or Chase. I don't love the idea of taking a WR at #4 overall who is gonna be the 3rd WR. I also don't like taking a TE who couldn't block well in college so is gonna have an even more difficult time blocking in the NFL.  

I also believe Julio is done leading this team in receiving. But, every single move has to be approved by Blank and we all know he loves Julio (rightfully so). With that said, I don't see Blank allowing us to  trade Julio. He's gonna keep him in Atlanta fo as long as Julio wants. 

Julio put up 771 yards in 9 games and in many of those 9 games he barely played or did not finish (DAL, GB, NO)

Even still, projecting his numbers out to a full season is 1370 yards. He is far from done, He just needs to stay healthy which in general he has always played through injuries. Last year our season was over 5 games in, I am sure that had a large part in why he was shutdown at the end.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe