NFL network reporting Falcons are seeking to trade the Fourth pick

9 minutes ago, jhamiltonr said:

I’m starting to grow on Justin Fields. Take him or Pitts. Don’t trade down.  

Could end up being Lawrence, Fields and Wilson. Our QB pick could come down to Lance or Jones at four.

Yall really want that? We have a pro QB and can pick up another one in the next year or so. Via FA, draft or trade. 

Extend Grady and sign up a couple free agents. Go BPA in every round of the draft. Get stacked. Don't be scared.

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

I'd take that for way more than just next year's first bro. Two mid rounders this year MINIMUM and I'd entertain it. Just so much of a crapshoot of who will be there at 7.

Not really. If you're trading down, that means QB is going #4. Bengals and Dolphins are taking one of Chase/Pitts/Sewell. You're really rolling the dice if those guys are equally rated on your board. I agree, get as much as possible. But the future first is the line in the sand for me. 

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Receiver and tight end is one of our strengths. We have holes everywhere. Running back, safety, backup quarterback, center, outside linebacker all weaknesses. And you want to draft a tight end. An add to one of our strengths. I don't get it

Reminder, they have 9 total picks.  Do we have needs at the positions you mentioned? Yes.  Are any players at those positions likely to be the BPA at 4?  No.  Moreover, this draft is particularly weak at Safety and DE/OLB (edge rushers).  The teams that traditionally draft well know how to work board in each particular draft.  If the draft class is weak where you have needs, but strong at spots where you already you talent, you pivot to adding to your strengths instead of reaching for needs.

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Receiver and tight end is one of our strengths. We have holes everywhere. Running back, safety, backup quarterback, center, outside linebacker all weaknesses. And you want to draft a tight end. An add to one of our strengths. I don't get it

See TF's quote "never be afraid to add to strengths." But I guess it all depends on what they value as BPA. I don't consider TE one of our strengths. You have Hurst and a blocking TE. Graham is closer to a camp body than anything else.

7 minutes ago, Macintez said:

What people need to get acclimated to is the media putting out “common sense” for the sake of getting views and hits.

They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.

Happens every year. I am impressed how TF and AS handled the whole situation. Media has to make stuff up with unnamed sources. 

46 minutes ago, vel said:

Not really. If you're trading down, that means QB is going #4. Bengals and Dolphins are taking one of Chase/Pitts/Sewell. You're really rolling the dice if those guys are equally rated on your board. I agree, get as much as possible. But the future first is the line in the sand for me

Same here. Two firsts in 2022 is a **** good bargaining chip to move up to get whatever elite player will be 'the guy who gets us over the hump' next off-season. This team is more than one year away. 

3 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

How exactly is TE a strength? Smith runs 2 TE sets alot and the Falcons have 1 TE worth caring about.

Not to mention Pitts is a freak athlete that would making moving on from Julio much easier. 

RB is a definite need but one that can addressed in the 2nd/3rd/4th round. There's no one on defense worth the #4 pick. I wouldn't mind a trade down if it's worth it but this team needs play makers and Pitts may very well be the biggest one in this draft.

2 hours ago, vel said:

If the Falcons were able to trade down to #7, pick up a future first, and still get Pitts...

He wouldn't make it past Miami imo.

There's a reason the went back up to #6. Probably targeting Chase or Pitts.

Glad to see we’re assessing all options.

For me it’s Pitts At 4 but if someone’s willing to offer us huge value for the 4th pick we should take it and stockpile picks. My only caveat for that is we’d need to be getting a first and second this year along with some future picks. We still need to come out of this draft with atleast 3 starters and several players that seriously contribute 

4 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I don't see Harris making it to the second round. 

Time will tell, I think fans have grossly overrated him and the impact he would have,  it that’s just me.  Backs go later abs later every year it seems. Teams that take one in the first normally end up regretting it.  

6 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Matt missed Hurst a few times. He got stuck on Ridley and didn’t go thru his progressions in some of the games. Same with the RB check downs that were open. 

What!?! We had running back check downs???

40 minutes ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

We never put a scenario up of keeping 4 and drafting someone.  Then trading the second round pick for extra picks this year eg a late 2nd and 3rd. Is this workable ?

I think the real value in this draft is riunds 2 through 4.  Extra picks there really helps.  4 or 5 picks in the top 100 nets potentially 4 starters.  That would be huge.

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I think the real value in this draft is riunds 2 through 4.  Extra picks there really helps.  4 or 5 picks in the top 100 nets potentially 4 starters.  That would be huge.

True , so many good players between 69 and 148 and we only have number 108. That pick is going to be a master pick or one of those 

Screenshot_20210406-200247_Google.jpg

9 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

BPA and these other positions could be Misses not saying that Pitts is for sure but man does he have more than all the intangibles. His film backs it up against top notch talent too. He's making 1st and 2nd rd graded dbs look average ijs but whatever. Again I'm sold on Pitts make a strength stronger. We still have way more picks than that one.

9 hours ago, stizz said:

I don't know why this is common thought here.

Hurst disappeared in chunks last year and if I remember correctly the majority of his catches came from PA/trick plays. Dude is way too athletic not to be able to find the soft spots in zones.

Ridley and Gage's contracts are both coming up.

Julio's body is beginning to break down.

We could absolutely use a receiving threat, especially if Gage and Hurst aren't retained.

look at the OC we had end of story DK was *** bro you cant take anything from last year to heart at least from the offense he didnt use anyone right he barely schemed plays for hurst in the open field. we now have an OC who knows what their doing

4 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

look at the OC we had end of story DK was *** bro you cant take anything from last year to heart at least from the offense he didnt use anyone right he barely schemed plays for hurst in the open field. we now have an OC who knows what their doing

How many teams does Hurst need to go to where something else was the problem. 

36 minutes ago, stizz said:

How many teams does Hurst need to go to where something else was the problem. 

what are you talking about he had his best year with us while also having to deal with the worst OC ever and having to deal with a run first based offense in Baltimore