Which Pro day did you believe. Which 1 was a unicorn 🤔

lju713

My 👍Pro day or I believe:

Eric Stokes,Pitts,Marc Wilson,Oweh, Greg Newsome,Horn,Chase ,Wilson,Fields,Kary Vincent(sleeper),Jaelin Phillips

My 👎 Pro day 

Parsons,DJ Daniel,Terance Marshall,the entire Pittsburgh Panther,Greg Rousseau,Micheal Carter,

Some the 40 times were ridiculous, some guys looked stiff, some guys who opted out looked rusty and some didn't. Give me your pro day 👎👍

14 minutes ago, lju713 said:

My 👍Pro day or I believe:

Eric Stokes,Pitts,Marc Wilson,Oweh, Greg Newsome,Horn,Chase ,Wilson,Fields,Kary Vincent(sleeper),Jaelin Phillips

My 👎 Pro day 

Parsons,DJ Daniel,Terance Marshall,the entire Pittsburgh Panther,Greg Rousseau,Micheal Carter,

Some the 40 times were ridiculous, some guys looked stiff, some guys who opted out looked rusty and some didn't. Give me your pro day 👎👍

Pitts Jaylen Twyman did 40 reps! That man is a monster! I hope we grab him 

15 minutes ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

The colleges inflate the size of there players. You can name dozens but one that stood out for me was Rashod Bateman listed at 6-2 210 ,but is actually 6-0 190. It totally changes how i viewed how he would be used in the nfl. 

Right colleges give you 2inches and 10lbs. If they say a dude is 6'5. He will be 6'3 at the combine. Matty Ice profile was 6'5 225.....I in actually at is 6'4 210

davis mills is the one that stood out to me.

has nothing to do with his throws in a t-shirt and shorts to uncovered receivers with no pressure.

but because he completely organized his own passing session. picked out the routes, set up the drills, directed the receivers. and in the pouring rain didn't even flinch, almost seemed to enjoy it.

showed a ton of leadership and maturity there.

11 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Unicorn. Come on, bruh. Much better athlete than football player. I just can't buy that 40 time for a dude that huge. Don't get me wrong... I get that is his official 40 time. But it seems impossible. ::mind blown:: Still... unicorn. 

Definitely an athlete more so than football player. He just doesn’t stand out on film

53 minutes ago, lju713 said:

He is smaller than I thought at 6'1 300. I would take him in the 5th. Ford disappointed me with that 4.9 40😬

The height I knew. I thought he was 6'2 but thats not to big a difference. His 40 was lower then I was thinking. This year I was a fan of the Pitts players coming on so I might be being a little blind.

53 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Twyman is a UDFA

Dang I would think he would be in that 3rd - 5th round area since he didn't play this year. Yet I believe he was training with      A. Donald so I dont really think he was just at home doing nothing. Yet hey I won't be mad if we get him in the 7th I just want him here. Rams probably want him to.

What makes you say he is a UDFA?

Edited by AllStarHandyMan

2 hours ago, Rings said:

I don’t take any 40 times to seriously.  Things like hand size, wingspan, long jump and things that are measurable clearly I take a little more serious.

Combines I always take with a grain of salt. The only time they are valid is when they are used to affirm athleticism. If he’s not athletic on tape it doesn’t mean you can just run a 4.3 and “Oh he’s athletic now”. Hard to separate yourself with athleticism in the NFL unless you have elite measurables that show on tape.

15 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Combines I always take with a grain of salt. The only time they are valid is when they are used to affirm athleticism. If he’s not athletic on tape it doesn’t mean you can just run a 4.3 and “Oh he’s athletic now”. Hard to separate yourself with athleticism in the NFL unless you have elite measurables that show on tape.

Yup.  Use it as a baseline and a “are they willing to put the effort in” judgement, that’s really it.

I mean 40s are interesting  but don’t most  if not all the college players have the Amazon real time sensors on them? We know exactly how fast they are in football pads. If the major draft analyzers aren’t hyping a player after their pro day it’s not a major speculative leap that the data shows they weren’t that fast on the field

8 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

davis mills is the one that stood out to me.

has nothing to do with his throws in a t-shirt and shorts to uncovered receivers with no pressure.

but because he completely organized his own passing session. picked out the routes, set up the drills, directed the receivers. and in the pouring rain didn't even flinch, almost seemed to enjoy it.

showed a ton of leadership and maturity there.

The more I read about Mills, the more I think we should draft him.  I think he has the mental make up to sit behind Ryan for two seasons and not lose his competitive edge nor his leadership skills.  

I'm still not sold on Oweh. A guy with those tools should be dominant. Not saying he can't put it together with NFL level coaching but zero sacks this year is more worrying after his testing numbers. I think Chase re-solidified himself as the #1 WR in the draft. He already had the tape but he blew the athletic testing out of the water. Clear WR 1 to me.

10 hours ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

The colleges inflate the size of there players. You can name dozens but one that stood out for me was Rashod Bateman listed at 6-2 210 ,but is actually 6-0 190. It totally changes how i viewed how he would be used in the nfl. 

I agree they inflate the sizes if you were to go to their website and look before any official testing, but it's not like there's just one school official at a Pro Day in a room alone with the prospects recording their size. There are multiple eyes on the height and weight of these prospects during official testing.