If offense 1st Rd, what position are we going defensively 2nd Rd?

57 minutes ago, Rings said:

He may have, but he loves defense.  I’m saying if we went offense in first two rounds he would lose his mind.

I don’t want to speak for @Knight of God, but I will say that you might be surprised. There’s a certain offensive player he’s high on as well as certain defenders too as you pointed to. 

OP, to answer your question - if ATL picks a defensive player in the 2nd, then my guess would be it’s BPA in particularly EDGE or DB. 

3 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Mannnn....my mind is so youthful...my memories are immaculate...

I love history  ..past or anient...

But I got out the car today and tweeted my back......

I feel like an old man....lol

@JohnnyFranchise

i remember years ago watching a movie where a guy was talking about having to get up twice in the middle of the night to take a p*ss and thinking "f*ck that guy's old".

the last few moths, without fail, every night, 3:15am i'm up going.

i am now that old.

:argh:

I would say read the board but if recent drafts are the standard safety play is vastly undervalued and if that trend continues Moehrig could drift to us and provide a great value pick in the second round.  This is as much me willing it to happen as an actual guess that it might 😬

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

If its Pitts and a RB, I'm not saying anything 

I remember you (pretty sure it was you) begging for a safety the last few years, and us being in even worse shape now than before, I figured you would lose it lol

53 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i remember years ago watching a movie where a guy was talking about having to get up twice in the middle of the night to take a p*ss and thinking "f*ck that guy's old".

the last few moths, without fail, every night, 3:15am i'm up going.

i am now that old.

:argh:

Was it The Rock?  I remember a very similar line in that.  One of my favorite movies.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

safety, safety, safety and safety!!!  I love several of these safeties in this draft that will be there at top of 2nd and possibly some at top of 3rd. 

Likewise man. I'm digging Richie Grant in the 2nd. I honestly might take him over Moehrig myself. He brings a leadership and dawg mentality to him. Just watch some interviews. The tape speaks for itself. I think he'll be an exceptional S with his ability mixed with his attitude. 

He's a great FS/SS hybrid that Pees likely salivates over. If we trade back in the 2nd and get him, magnificent. If we take him at 35 then I'm just as happy.

Several good options but he's my #1

2 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Likewise man. I'm digging Richie Grant in the 2nd. I honestly might take him over Moehrig myself. He brings a leadership and dawg mentality to him. Just watch some interviews. The tape speaks for itself. I think he'll be an exceptional S with his ability mixed with his attitude. 

He's a great FS/SS hybrid that Pees likely salivates over. If we trade back in the 2nd and get him, magnificent. If we take him at 35 then I'm just as happy.

He's like a smaller version of Tyrann Mathieu, the Honey Badger. Plays with his hair on fire and is fearless coming up to play the run. I really hope we end up with him or Moehrig.

1 hour ago, Foo Falcons said:

Richie Grant does look more like a Pees fit. Pees loves to disguise what he’s doing and confuse offenses and a versatile safety like Grant could give a lot of flexibility in defensive fronts vs responsibilities. Another player who might thrive is Marlon Davidson who can play inside or out in 3 and 4 man fronts. 

28 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Richie Grant does look more like a Pees fit. Pees loves to disguise what he’s doing and confuse offenses and a versatile safety like Grant could give a lot of flexibility in defensive fronts vs responsibilities. Another player who might thrive is Marlon Davidson who can play inside or out in 3 and 4 man fronts. 

That'd be nice if he found his way in this Defense. I'm not ruling him out after one covid filled year, but I'd love for him to find his role this year. As a 3-4 DE I think he's got the potential to be pretty good 

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Farleys injury scares me. If we did CB I would go Surtain, then either Creed Humphries or Pat Freiermuth at 35 (in that scenario)

I am the minority here, but I could live w Parsons at 4 as well. That’s why I like the trade down to 9. Get Parsons at 9 and you get get two guys like I mentioned with early round 2 picks (getting 1 from the trade down).

6 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

Same with Farley but dang the upside is tantalizing. But yeah Humphries, Dickerson, or Wyatt would do wonders in the 2nd. 

Parsons I'm not as sold on because,  though he's BPA at a certain point, I wonder where he fits on our D. MLB or OLB? I think he's more of an athlete than LB

I think Farley is going to slip because of the back surgery but I keep getting the feeling that teams are gonna regret passing on him a couple years from now.