If offense 1st Rd, what position are we going defensively 2nd Rd?

You can argue RB in Rd2 is an option and I don't blame you. If Harris, Ettiene, or Williams are there we have a tough decision. Honestly the same can be said with Toney and Marshall at WR. Maybe throw Freiermuth in there if we bypass on Pitts. 

But currently, like most, I have us taking Pitts at #4. To me, defense should be Rd2 and RB should be closer to Rd3-5 after the Mike Davis signing. 

My top positions by priority are Edge, S, CB, DT, LB in that order. I'm loving Richie Grant in the 2nd but what if Oweh drops? More of an upside guy sure but no doubt major upside. What if Barmore somehow falls? What about Samuel Jr., Campbell, or Moehrig if he's there? 

Defense, to me, needs to be in the 2nd Rd if we draft Pitts. Hellz I wouldn't mind trading back in the 2nd and gaining an additional pick or two. Grant has the ability to fall to the middle to late of Rd2 who is my guy. If not him then you got Perkins, Samuel Jr., Campbell, McNeil, and some solid LBS as options. 

Option A: Pitts Rd1 then who Rd2?

Option B: OL/QB Rd1 then who Rd2?

(No trade back in this scenario)

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

What about CB at 4 then TE or RB/OG/C in 2?

Surtain or Farley? High floor or higher ceiling potentially? After that then who are you looking at offensively in the 2nd? I get the BPA mentality and I believe that's the route we go, to an extent. But if you're TFont, then who realistically right now is that option as BPA1?

4 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

If we don't trade back then you're comfortable going who Surtain at 4? He's the only logical option IMO.

I’d prefer trade back, in warming up to option of Pitts at 4, but if they do they need to go defense the next three picks.  I’m all for BPA but our defense is going to be horrendous if we don’t address it at least once in first two rounds...even then it still may be.  I wouldn’t be mad if we traded down and still used every pick in first two days on defense.

10 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Surtain or Farley? High floor or higher ceiling potentially? After that then who are you looking at offensively in the 2nd? I get the BPA mentality and I believe that's the route we go, to an extent. But if you're TFont, then who realistically right now is that option as BPA1?

Farleys injury scares me. If we did CB I would go Surtain, then either Creed Humphries or Pat Freiermuth at 35 (in that scenario)

I am the minority here, but I could live w Parsons at 4 as well. That’s why I like the trade down to 9. Get Parsons at 9 and you get get two guys like I mentioned with early round 2 picks (getting 1 from the trade down).

17 minutes ago, Rings said:

I’d prefer trade back, in warming up to option of Pitts at 4, but if they do they need to go defense the next three picks.  I’m all for BPA but our defense is going to be horrendous if we don’t address it at least once in first two rounds...even then it still may be.  I wouldn’t be mad if we traded down and still used every pick in first two days on defense.

I'm all for a trade back. I'd love Pitts at 4 but trading back would help this team more so in the short term. With our current 9 picks I'd be all for 6 of em being defensive. At the same time a starting G/C, RB, and complementary TE to Hurst would do wonders. Those are likely more so gonna be in the 1st 4 Rds. BPA will be a big factor

18 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Farleys injury scares me. If we did CB I would go Surtain, then either Creed Humphries or Pat Freiermuth at 35 (in that scenario)

I am the minority here, but I could live w Parsons at 4 as well. That’s why I like the trade down to 9. Get Parsons at 9 and you get get two guys like I mentioned with early round 2 picks (getting 1 from the trade down).

Same with Farley but dang the upside is tantalizing. But yeah Humphries, Dickerson, or Wyatt would do wonders in the 2nd. 

Parsons I'm not as sold on because,  though he's BPA at a certain point, I wonder where he fits on our D. MLB or OLB? I think he's more of an athlete than LB

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I think we fool everyone and take Barmore at 4

:ninja:

:munch:

Maybe back in the early 2000s ha he may not even go 1st Rd. Likely pick 19-28 I'm thinking