WTH Fellow Americans

I am don't like foxnews or CNN I cancelled cable many years ago so I am not financially supporting either one both are junk I feel are trying to divide us for ratings

I try to respect both sides views unless it is totally off the wall bat **** crazy lol

Edited by Brehus

4 hours ago, Brehus said:

I am don't like foxnews or CNN I cancelled cable many years ago so I am not financially supporting either one both are junk I feel are trying to divide us for ratings

I try to respect both sides views unless it is totally off the wall bat **** crazy lol

I can’t respect views that work to make it harder for people to vote.  I’ll never respect it.  If you want voter ID, make it free.  It is essentially a poll tax otherwise.  I hate cable news too... only my wife will watch CNN...

I don’t help my case by telling her, “CNN will give you brain worms”. That doesn’t go over well

13 hours ago, lostone said:

I can’t respect views that work to make it harder for people to vote.  I’ll never respect it.  If you want voter ID, make it free.  It is essentially a poll tax otherwise.  I hate cable news too... only my wife will watch CNN...

I don’t help my case by telling her, “CNN will give you brain worms”. That doesn’t go over well

You need an ID for everything else heck if the things go the way some people want you will need a vaccine ID.

Edited by Brehus

What is going on is the impending inflation.  Gatt rates are going up, the dollar will be valued less in this administration.  Numerous reasons, large spending bills, we will be printing unfunded amounts of money to cover the costs, quantitative easing in this case will not be your friend. Buyt a huge underground gas tank and buy it now, buy your houses and cars now, you can see this already happening, it is not going to get better. 

That's WTH is happening. 

6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

What is going on is the impending inflation.  Gatt rates are going up, the dollar will be valued less in this administration.  Numerous reasons, large spending bills, we will be printing unfunded amounts of money to cover the costs, quantitative easing in this case will not be your friend. Buyt a huge underground gas tank and buy it now, buy your houses and cars now, you can see this already happening, it is not going to get better. 

That's WTH is happening. 

El oh el, we should be cutting taxes and raising the debt that way amiright?

1 hour ago, lostone said:

El oh el, we should be cutting taxes and raising the debt that way amiright?

We've spent nearly 10 trillion in the last year, there are no TAX RATES THAT WILL FIX THAT. REVENUE GOES DOWN WHEN WE TRY AND FLEECE CORPS AND RICH PEOPLE. I've brought this numerous times before, rich people and I'm even saying people that make $400k will figure out how to lesson the burden, they always do. 

Who gets hurt?  Lower to middle classes, and the inflation this will hurt those classes buying power, so they don't spend, they hold onto money, and the economy sans covid will go into the she-itter, it usually does.   

Bottom line is if we don't learn how to work under a budget we're all F*****, and this is for both sides of the aisle.  

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We've spent nearly 10 trillion in the last year, there are no TAX RATES THAT WILL FIX THAT. REVENUE GOES DOWN WHEN WE TRY AND FLEECE CORPS AND RICH PEOPLE. I've brought this numerous times before, rich people and I'm even saying people that make $400k will figure out how to lesson the burden, they always do. 

Who gets hurt?  Lower to middle classes, and the inflation this will hurt those classes buying power, so they don't spend, they hold onto money, and the economy sans covid will go into the she-itter, it usually does.   

Bottom line is if we don't learn how to work under a budget we're all F*****, and this is for both sides of the aisle.  

So cut taxes more!

9 hours ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I mean the first thing you got to understand about a budget is dramatically cutting the intake of funds is where you gotta start.

I wonder who that hits first when you gotta start making cuts.

It is a mystery friend.

On 4/6/2021 at 5:05 AM, Brehus said:

You need an ID for everything else heck if the things go the way some people want you will need a vaccine ID.

Nobody is saying you should be able to vote without an ID.  Literally nobody.  An ID is required to register to vote in California, for example, and voters who register by mail without providing a valid drivers license number are required to provide identification before they vote for the first time.  

But I suspect you know this already.  

Also, inflation is actually good for borrowers such as homeowners or people with students loans or credit card debt.  The reason is that as inflation increases, wages go up, and as wages go up people’s debt shrinks as a percentage of their income.  A $200k mortgage is a much bigger burden for people making $65k, but it becomes much more manageable if that person’s salary increases to to $85k after 8-10 years.  So inflation followed by wage growth can be really good for lower/middle income borrowers.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:55 PM, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, inflation is actually good for borrowers such as homeowners or people with students loans or credit card debt.  The reason is that as inflation increases, wages go up, and as wages go up people’s debt shrinks as a percentage of their income.  A $200k mortgage is a much bigger burden for people making $65k, but it becomes much more manageable if that person’s salary increases to to $85k after 8-10 years.  So inflation followed by wage growth can be really good for lower/middle income borrowers.

With inflation, interest rates go up on loans wiping out the effectiveness of higher rates due to inflation.  Also, these higher rates affect every loan and also pensions and savings accounts.   There are people now who had planned to retire on the Biden watch but will not be able to (or be very cautious to hang on, a wait and see approach) because they have already lost (in some cases 1000s if not hundreds of thousands of dollars) check quarter two GATT rates.  If you don't believe me ask some of your friends, family, or someone you know on the verge of retirement.  If they were smart and could've retired, they should've got out under Trump. With Trump we had wage growth and lower rates which also gives any consumer more buying power.

Making more money is always great and the thing to strive for, inflation will always hurt the people who can least afford it. The only way to help yourself is get an education or skill that is marketable to a prospective employer and watch your troubles melt away.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Exactly. The problem we are facing with inflation is that as it has gone up, wages haven't kept pace with inflation and instead that extra money has been funneled upwards to the richest of our population. But by and large inflation can be a good thing as long as the distribution is fair. 

On 4/6/2021 at 7:05 AM, Brehus said:

I find this comment strange. You know that is not 100% true. People write checks, how many times do they really ask for ID? You put in a credit card at the store. Nobody checks ID. Purchase a fire arm at a gun show, no requirement to check ID by the Joe selling it. 

If people want voter ID, then it should be free to get an ID and you should be able to go to a dozen places near you to get one. 

Fact, governments start playing games when IDs are required. Dmv's start closing. You basically tie a person's "constitutional right" to something that cost. 

How many GA officials said the 2020 election was the most secure ever? Yet, they changed laws to make it more secure to prevent something that hasn't even happened. Like I hear folks say all the time, "there are already laws to address the issue. Why are we making things more complicated." Retorical, we know why Republicans did it in GA and others are doing it across the country. 

13 hours ago, isproab said:

I find this comment strange. You know that is not 100% true. People write checks, how many times do they really ask for ID? You put in a credit card at the store. Nobody checks ID. Purchase a fire arm at a gun show, no requirement to check ID by the Joe selling it. 

If people want voter ID, then it should be free to get an ID and you should be able to go to a dozen places near you to get one. 

Fact, governments start playing games when IDs are required. Dmv's start closing. You basically tie a person's "constitutional right" to something that cost. 

How many GA officials said the 2020 election was the most secure ever? Yet, they changed laws to make it more secure to prevent something that hasn't even happened. Like I hear folks say all the time, "there are already laws to address the issue. Why are we making things more complicated." Retorical, we know why Republicans did it in GA and others are doing it across the country. 

Agreed.  No reason we cannot do this and many places do.  The reality is Americans want voter ID's and polls show this overwhelmingly.  And for people that argue minorities don't (that is just a canard) because the latest Rasmussen poll showed 69% of black people want voter ID. So the questions should be, access to it and make it free. 

New polling shows that a large majority supports voter ID laws that require individuals to show a photo identification before voting, including almost 70% of black voters.

The poll, released on Wednesday by Rasmussen Reports, found that 75% believe photo identification should be presented before voting and that 69% of black voters support voter ID laws.

Broken down by party, 60% of Democrats support showing an ID to vote compared to 89% of Republicans.

This was one of the arguments with the ACA, the government was tying peoples right to healthcare buy charging them a penalty whether they chose to purchase healthcare or not. 

On 4/8/2021 at 8:15 PM, isproab said:

Voter id is free in ga.  

On 4/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, Leon Troutsky said:

Nobody is saying you should be able to vote without an ID.  Literally nobody.  An ID is required to register to vote in California, for example, and voters who register by mail without providing a valid drivers license number are required to provide identification before they vote for the first time.  

But I suspect you know this already.  

Now you know they don’t live in the world of facts! 

They only live in perceptive emotions where they must be better than another group.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:46 PM, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I mean the first thing you got to understand about a budget is dramatically cutting the intake of funds is where you gotta start.

I wonder who that hits first when you gotta start making cuts.

I mean, that’s the way I run my house!

Bills start piling up, stop working so much I always say! 

On 4/7/2021 at 7:55 PM, Leon Troutsky said:

I tried to explain this to one of my in-laws(who by the way is in a low wage job and would LOVE to live WITH US) and he just made every right winged excuse out there as to why it would be bad for him to make more money. 

On 4/2/2021 at 6:31 PM, Sponge said:

wait, are you the vaccine conspiracy dude?

On 3/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, Dawgfanbrock said:

Covid turned into being about money and now control

Yeah, thats you.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:25 AM, lostone said:

That did not address my point of ids being free for voting.  

Of course it should be free. Some states already do it. Picture ID, free, and free rides to the polls, which I have helped with in the past. No reason any of this cannot be done, we want integrity in the voting process and at the same time anyone who wants to vote "legally" should be able to cast their vote without any trouble at all. There is no reason either side of the aisle should have any trouble with this. 

Does anyone think the cop shooting in minn was due to racism?

Awful and that girl should an will go to jail, but she was stupid and made a mistake? Why are people looting? Just at cops in general? If we haven’t noticed the country is a mess right now lot of violence everywhere by everyone. cops are afraid and nervous too.