MLB Moves All-Star Game

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I really hurt for all the workers at Truist Park and the battery workers that were fixing to make a decent amount of money as a result of the All Star Game.

It’s a shame because they will be hurt a lot more than Kemp or any of those bozos. 

America for ya. The rich elites whined about something so now we are going to take an action that’s going to hurt the common man more than anyone.

Can’t help but feel like this move hurts everyone but the people who have the power to make real change 

The common man is affected when systems and laws are designed to make it more difficult for them to participate in the democratic process.  The Georgia voters did not ask for these changes, if you want to talk about rich elites, talk about the ones changing laws to rig the the system to win elections instead of earning votes.  Strange how you see the MLB deciding to take an All Star game elsewhere as hurting everyone, but can't see how destructive it was to change  laws  to discourage certain people from voting. If people loose faith in our democratic process we have no democracy which is much bigger than a baseball game. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is this Kemp’s fault??   If I have a choice between fair voting and an exhibition game no one watches, I choose option A.  

As well he should have.     So are we supposed to allow corporations, unaccountable to voters, have veto power over laws??   Makes no sense.   All of the stuff Biden said about this new law has

Congratulations Republicans and Brian Kemp. You have lost the All-Star Game. Thank you from all of Braves Nation!! And a Go **** Yourselves!!!   Major League Baseball Moves All-Star Game Ou

2 hours ago, insight said:

The common man is affected when systems and laws are designed to make it more difficult for them to participate in the democratic process.  The Georgia voters did not ask for these changes, if you want to talk about rich elites, talk about the ones changing laws to rig the the system to win elections instead of earning votes.  Strange how you see the MLB deciding to take an All Star game elsewhere as hurting everyone, but can't see how destructive it was to change  laws  to discourage certain people from voting. If people loose faith in our democratic process we have no democracy which is much bigger than a baseball game. 

Bro I lost faith in our Democratic processes a long time ago. Voting in America has become the illusion of choice. We have 2 options and only 2 realistic options. A lot of the time those 2 options kind of suck. Hard to really get excited about voting when,  as South Park put it, you are deciding between a ***** and a turd.

Our voting process has become a sham. None of those people care about us. So yes, moving the all star game hurts people, but possibly removing their “right to vote” isn’t as big of a deal because our “right to vote” has slowly become less and less important anyways. Change the system to allow us more realistic options.

Moving the all star game though isn’t really about baseball if you ask me. I fail to see how moving it really changes anything. The people that have the power to make change aren’t going to change their mind over this. It’s just going to cause them to dig their heels in more.

Make no mistake, I think Brian Kemp is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this whole thing seems more like a way for MLB to look to the public than anything else. That dude isn’t going to change his mind. It’s just going to add fuel to his “SEE, THE LIBS ARE OUT TO GET US” rhetoric that POTUS 45 made so popular. He ain’t gonna change his mind over this and don’t kid yourself about it. 

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Bro I lost faith in our Democratic processes a long time ago. Voting in America has become the illusion of choice. We have 2 options and only 2 realistic options. A lot of the time those 2 options kind of suck. Hard to really get excited about voting when,  as South Park put it, you are deciding between a ***** and a turd.

Our voting process has become a sham. None of those people care about us. So yes, moving the all star game hurts people, but possibly removing their “right to vote” isn’t as big of a deal because our “right to vote” has slowly become less and less important anyways. Change the system to allow us more realistic options.

Moving the all star game though isn’t really about baseball if you ask me. I fail to see how moving it really changes anything. The people that have the power to make change aren’t going to change their mind over this. It’s just going to cause them to dig their heels in more.

Make no mistake, I think Brian Kemp is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this whole thing seems more like a way for MLB to look to the public than anything else. That dude isn’t going to change his mind. It’s just going to add fuel to his “SEE, THE LIBS ARE OUT TO GET US” rhetoric that POTUS 45 made so popular. He ain’t gonna change his mind over this and don’t kid yourself about it. 

I can't disagree with you about the state of our political system. It often appears like our current two party system Democrats and Republicans are in cahoots together to  screw over the average citizen.  Instead of winning elections by presenting the best ideas to voters, it's all about fear mongering and dividing people. Each party makes alliances with corporate donors and attempts to control our tax dollars for their benefit.  With that said, it's the best we got and it's up to us to protect it and improve it as citizens.  If anything the moving of the  MLB all-star game has brought attention to issue and more people are discussing the issues that affect us all.  I feel for the people financially impacted by it but hope  Kemp will reconsider this legislation but what you said is probably true. 

On 4/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, falconsd56 said:

Because the republicans lost.

They want to make it harder for people to vote so that they won't.....simple as that.

It is not about fraud or election integrity.

The GA vote was audited atleast 2 ( possibly 3) times and there was no cases of fraud found.

The system that was in place worked.

But they want to go change it because it worked against them.

Just as the democrats did after 2018 with unmonitored mail in voting. This practice is not unique to one party. District gerrymandering, for example, has been going on forever. 

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

And Kemp could care less as long as he personally has a better chance at re-election. Flaws like this in the system are where America fails.

I don't think Kemp stands a chance in heIl of getting re-elected now. He has pissed off a lot of people.

14 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't think Kemp stands a chance in heIl of getting re-elected now. He has pissed off a lot of people.

I sincerely hope you're right. It's an eternity until next November, but he's managed to alienate the 45 Fanatics and Democrats, too. This legislation gives him a puncher's chance, though.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

I sincerely hope you're right. It's an eternity until next November, but he's managed to alienate the 45 Fanatics and Democrats, too. This legislation gives him a puncher's chance, though.

That is what makes it such an awful bill. Everyone is only focused on the ID part without looking at the entire package and how brutal it is.

Voting matters in local level, senate and house.  The president in this day is just a puppet.

I wish more middle class would run but they get pushed aside because they cannot raise the capital that a Kemp, DeBlasio (cannot stand), Cuomo (needs to resign), Schumer (so wishy washy, he flips sides on stances more than a pancakes).   

2 hours ago, jidady said:

And Kemp could care less as long as he personally has a better chance at re-election. Flaws like this in the system are where America fails.

...and the perfect reason why there should be term limits, like ONE term. The whole idea that anyone can make an entire career as a politician is bad from America and was not the intent of the framers. 

Punishing the Braves and their fans for something they had nothing to do with makes no sense. Would be like getting fired from a job because the boss didn’t like the neighborhood or town you live in. On a side note, I expect a class action suit from Braves STHs seeking refunds, as many have purchased over the last few years just to get the All star tickets. In fact the ASG was openly the main selling point by the Braves when advertising ticket packages.

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That is what makes it such an awful bill. Everyone is only focused on the ID part without looking at the entire package and how brutal it is.

Please tell me the brutal parts of it. I don't see them. And I am not trying to be a smart a**.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the logic of this whole thing. It’s like a parent telling their child “I don’t like the homework assignment you’re teacher handed out so you’re going to bed without dinner.”    

It only hurts the Braves and the business owners around the ballpark.   It doesn’t hurt Kemp; if anything it helps him by giving him an issue to bring back Trump voters still ticked after last fall. And the Average Undecided Voter Who Decides Elections will forget and move on to the next hot topic within a month.  

The much better approach would have been to use All Star week to bring up the law and pressure MLB and maybe some players to speak up.   That softer approach may have pushed the general assembly to amend it.   It also would have kept the issue alive instead of being just another two minutes of outrage in the news.  

But by going the nuclear cancel route, both sides are dug in and the legislature won’t dare touch it.    Just a bad political strategy by the bill’s opponents.