MLB Moves All-Star Game

AUTiger7222

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

If everyone had one this wouldn't be an issue. Also, it has to in date. If it's expired it's useless. It's not always easy to get one renewed.

Now you have to get an appointment or if you have the gold sticker you can order one.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If everyone had one this wouldn't be an issue. Also, it has to in date. If it's expired it's useless. It's not always easy to get one renewed.

Difficult how?

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Off topic but thats weird. I've never had to my show my ID at Target for pickup. They also just ask the name

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I have never had to show my ID for that. They ask my name. 

Son of a *****. 

They make me do it every **** time lol... literally just left.

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I watched Fox News too and heard the same. It’s only about an ID

I don't want to assume anything here and I don't watch Fox News but are you saying that it's not true or that they (Fox) are saying it's a single issue topic?

1 minute ago, Ransack said:

Difficult how?

Some people don't have copies of their birth certificate. Especially older people. I remember my papa had trouble applying for disability years ago because he didn't have his birth certificate and when he sent off for it they told him they had no record of him ever being born. That's because he was born in 1931 and well, records were lost because the courthouse burned down. That's just an example. It costs money. Not everyone always has the money to get one or get one renewed.

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

There's a whole lot more to it than just a voter ID. It's about limiting ballot boxes and polling places making it harder for people to even get to a place to vote. It's about not being able to give food/water to a person standing in line to vote. Really? That needed to be apart of the deal?

Ballot boxes are now secured and in every county permanently, campaign workers cannot provide refreshments within 150ft of a polling place both required by this law. Refreshments may be provided by pollworkers, family members, etc. (Last election, campaign workers were caught providing pizzas for people in line) thats called soliciting votes. Biden and everyone affiliated with him have blatently lied about this law, and in actuality it provides more voter access than most "blue" states. And as far as mlb, delta, apple, coca cola, etc. **** them, maybe ga needs to eliminate their corporate tax breaks for trying to interfere with our elected legislation. They can all continue to make their billions from china who still engages in slavery, genocide, and no elections. People who compare this to jim crow obviously didn't live during jim crow (a democrat invention btw). Blacks were beaten, had dogs sicced on them, were required to take tests and taxed in order to vote. Poor snowflakes aren't given water and have to produce an id. Sheesh!!!

29 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I don't want to assume anything here and I don't watch Fox News but are you saying that it's not true or that they (Fox) are saying it's a single issue topic?

Fox News only brought up the ID portion of the law. Not saying the ID isn’t true

29 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Ballot boxes are now secured and in every county permanently, campaign workers cannot provide refreshments within 150ft of a polling place both required by this law. Refreshments may be provided by pollworkers, family members, etc. (Last election, campaign workers were caught providing pizzas for people in line) thats called soliciting votes. Biden and everyone affiliated with him have blatently lied about this law, and in actuality it provides more voter access than most "blue" states. And as far as mlb, delta, apple, coca cola, etc. **** them, maybe ga needs to eliminate their corporate tax breaks for trying to interfere with our elected legislation. They can all continue to make their billions from china who still engages in slavery, genocide, and no elections. People who compare this to jim crow obviously didn't live during jim crow (a democrat invention btw). Blacks were beaten, had dogs sicced on them, were required to take tests and taxed in order to vote. Poor snowflakes aren't given water and have to produce an id. Sheesh!!!

All those companies you name interfere because our politicians allow it. That’s how you get senators on government salaries being worth millions once they get in Congress. 

6 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

All those companies you name interfere because our politicians allow it. That’s how you get senators on government salaries being worth millions once they get in Congress. 

I gotcha. That's why we are being governed by big tech and corporations today. The elite are getting rich through division.

18 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I agree. They talked so much about this is a great law but not a lot of time talking about the evidence against Matt Gaetz. 

Not a shock.

One of their own about arrested for taking advantage of an underaged girl.....they are not going address that until they absolutely have to.

1 hour ago, Williamb said:

You do realize China is the USA #1 trading partner. Anybody who tries to tell you it's only one party doing business with China is LYING!  China is not what Americans should be worried about, it's hypocrisy and the refusal to embrace forming a more perfect union. 

Why are we even talking about refreshments?  I doubt the people passing these laws are the ones waiting hours in line. Funny how it's the heavily populated  minority areas  had wait times over 8 hours but there were no laws made to address  unreasonable wait times  other than making it illegal to provide food and water while waiting in line.  Are we really going to allocate tax dollars to have police monitor who is giving out water.  

Jim Crow was about maintaining setting up laws to maintain government control, which first occurred after reconstruction when whites got angry because blacks were gaining house seats.

4 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Our government cares nothing about the little guy or the middle class.  I live in NY and you have to be poor or rich to live here.  It is ridiculous.   

It’s honestly insane how many people get left behind. I haven’t read this bill, but they are only doing the most harm to the common man by moving the game. Sadly the people that have the ability to create change with the law aren’t going to be affected by this at all right now. 

I'm not sure why everyone focuses on the ID part, this right here is way more suspicious

Much of the work administering elections in Georgia is handled by the state’s 159 counties. The law gives the State Election Board new powers to intervene in county election offices and to remove and replace local election officials. That has led to concerns that the Republican-controlled state board could exert more influence over the administration of elections, including the certification of county results.

Under the law, the board could intervene in up to four counties at a time and install a temporary superintendent with the ability to hire and fire personnel including elections directors and poll officers

They can now go into areas they deem suspicious, install their own people and say start inspecting ballots? they see your original steady hand signature that's on record doesn't match your now hand stuttered signature well, your ballot might be fraud, toss it!

13 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

How is this Kemp’s fault??   If I have a choice between fair voting and an exhibition game no one watches, I choose option A.  

No, you are trying to make it unfair voting. I wouldn't expect everyone in America to understand that. We all didn't have the right to vote. The system was and still is designed to cater to certain people.

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

No, you are trying to make it unfair voting. I wouldn't expect everyone in America to understand that. We all didn't have the right to vote. The system was and still is designed to cater to certain people.

Bull.   And don’t start talking about an ‘unfair system’ to a white guy denied a slot in an MBA program because of quotas

33 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Bull.   And don’t start talking about an ‘unfair system’ to a white guy denied a slot in an MBA program because of quotas

You're just too blind to see. White people face discrimination, but it's not because of black people. Think what you like, because your true colors are showing up now. 

I really hurt for all the workers at Truist Park and the battery workers that were fixing to make a decent amount of money as a result of the All Star Game.

It’s a shame because they will be hurt a lot more than Kemp or any of those bozos. 

America for ya. The rich elites whined about something so now we are going to take an action that’s going to hurt the common man more than anyone.

Can’t help but feel like this move hurts everyone but the people who have the power to make real change 

I think this was a bad move from MLB. I would let the game be played and then with hold future All Star games until they feel the situation is better. I feel that no matter what city hosts the game a political issue could be brought up to say why it shouldn’t host the game.