Justin Fields should be the pick if he is there at 4..

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have always been in the Fields bandwagon in fact is the only QB I would take in the First Round.... he should be the pick if he is there at 4.. he is really good at Football, Plus some years learnin

April fools was yesterday pal

Posted Images

I have no clue where this silly notion came from that a guy can just sit around doing nothing for years and somehow get better at his job.

The absolute worst thing that could happen to any QB at 4 would be to get drafted by us. It could very well wreck his entire career, because we have no reason to replace Matt at all, probably for years still. 

They need to go to a team where they can play and improve,  not become professional Surface Pro users. 

40 minutes ago, Williamb said:

He wasn't THAT when kirby had him. Kirby had a qb that took him to ot in the natty. Fields would have eventually taken the job that year and would have been uncontested last year. Uga fans are just raw after the qb dilemna last year.

IMG_0405.JPG.140dda89fcd268fc1f83cfbb82a36bb2.JPG

5 hours ago, Red Bandana said:

Don’t bother trying to show these people the light. They want us to draft another takk or Beasley. It’s like they’re rooting for mediocrity 

WE. DONT. NEED. A. QB!

What we need, is to surround our current HOF QB with Talent on both sides of the ball.

31 minutes ago, Red Bandana said:

Like Vic Beasley and takk McKinley!

Drafted by who? And who says your boy Fields or any of these other QBs don't turn into a Mitch Bisky? The facts are these, we dont need a QB, but we DO need various other positions. Im sorry thats so difficult to understand

Edited by Dunn-Vick-Duckett
12 hours ago, thanat0s said:

I have no clue where this silly notion came from that a guy can just sit around doing nothing for years and somehow get better at his job.

The absolute worst thing that could happen to any QB at 4 would be to get drafted by us. It could very well wreck his entire career, because we have no reason to replace Matt at all, probably for years still. 

They need to go to a team where they can play and improve,  not become professional Surface Pro users. 

Eloquently said.  This perfectly sums it up for me.

3 hours ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

Drafted by who? And who says your boy Fields or any of these other QBs don't turn into a Mitch Bisky? The facts are these, we dont need a QB, but we DO need various other positions. Im sorry thats so difficult to understand

You know the whole draft is a crapshoot we have 9 pick we can address defense later on after #4 the value is not there n to trade the pick just to trade it cause you don’t want to hurt Matt’s feelings is dumb ... TF has a 6 year deal he’s not betting his tenure on a 13 year vet who is who he is ... Matt L and the Packers drafted a QB in the middle of the 1st but we scared to take fields at 4 when we earned that 4-12 record 

1 hour ago, JetJones11 said:

You know the whole draft is a crapshoot we have 9 pick we can address defense later on after #4 the value is not there n to trade the pick just to trade it cause you don’t want to hurt Matt’s feelings is dumb ... TF has a 6 year deal he’s not betting his tenure on a 13 year vet who is who he is ... Matt L and the Packers drafted a QB in the middle of the 1st but we scared to take fields at 4 when we earned that 4-12 record 

And how did that work out for the Packers? Arod aint going nowhere, and they fell flat in the playoffs. Arod himself was pissed that the pick was wasted. Now, Matt is too much of a professional to b!tch and moan about draft picks being wasted, but it doesnt change the fact that Jordan Love was a wasted pick and so will be us drafting a QB with the 4th frickin overall when we have a HOF QB sitting here desperate to compete.

Do you really hate Matt that much? Or is he just too boring for you? Maybe he plays too much Golf? Bet you get real p!ssed seeing him in golf pants huh

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

I'm not opposed to a QB at four.  I am opposed to him sitting for two years.  That's the issue for me.  Otherwise, I really don't have a problem with any kid selected there.  

Dok, those two things go hand in hand. Cant have one without the other. Matt isnt going anywhere for two years. So in reality you are opposed to a QB a 4 no?

Just now, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

Dok, those two things go hand in hand. Cant have one without the other. Matt isnt going anywhere for two years. So in reality you are opposed to a QB a 4 no?

Yes and no.  If TF goes that way and is convinced sitting him makes sense, great he knows more than me.  No way MR2 is benched with that salary and his experience.  But from my personal philosophy, it's a waste.  The kid won't learn anything by toting a clipboard and fetching MR2 Gatorade.  He would need to play now.

So no, I'm not opposed to it, but logically it makes absolutely no sense to me.  The trade down is our best real option.  🤣

I respect that people are all in on jf. Great potential. If tf selects him then I will support it. I too see no value in selecting a #4 to sit for 2 years, and definitely don't want to listen to all the complaining about him not playing for the next 2 years. When someone makes an argument about this team being bad and that we earned our w-l record to support drafting fields, it is a bit much. MR did not earn a 4-12 record. Mr took a lead into the 4th qtr in 12 out of 16 games. How does losing fall back on him? So, dk didnt know how to scheme a clock burning offense( this is ryans fault). Our defense didn't know how to get off the field on 3rd down (ryan), st doesn't know to fall on an onside kick (ryan), gurley doesn't understand to run around in circles instead of scoring (you got it, ryan earned all of them). Yes, he has things to work on like not thinking he has to carry the whole team(which he shouldn't have to), but he's not the issue and none of these 1st round qbs will fix the issue. My opinion for what its worth.

20 minutes ago, Williamb said:

I respect that people are all in on jf. Great potential. If tf selects him then I will support it. I too see no value in selecting a #4 to sit for 2 years, and definitely don't want to listen to all the complaining about him not playing for the next 2 years. When someone makes an argument about this team being bad and that we earned our w-l record to support drafting fields, it is a bit much. MR did not earn a 4-12 record. Mr took a lead into the 4th qtr in 12 out of 16 games. How does losing fall back on him? So, dk didnt know how to scheme a clock burning offense( this is ryans fault). Our defense didn't know how to get off the field on 3rd down (ryan), st doesn't know to fall on an onside kick (ryan), gurley doesn't understand to run around in circles instead of scoring (you got it, ryan earned all of them). Yes, he has things to work on like not thinking he has to carry the whole team(which he shouldn't have to), but he's not the issue and none of these 1st round qbs will fix the issue. My opinion for what its worth.

You're feelings match my own.  Well said sir.