You cant teach size, draft the Freak

2 hours ago, pzummo said:

I like him, but let's be real.  New England won Super Bowls because they had a defense + Brady.  Tampa just won a Super Bowl because they had a defense + Brady.  

And not for nothing, but Tampa's defense deserves a LOT of credit for this SB win.  Brady was mediocre.  275 yards, 3 TD's and 3 INT's against GB is mediocre.  Only 195 yards against KC while the defense held that KC offense to only 9 in the Super Bowl.  Incredible defensive performance against that high powered offense.

Do I hate Brady?  Yes.  Am I going to deny Brady is the GOAT?  No.  Did they do it without the support of a defense?  No.

Lavontae David SHUT DOWN one of the most PROLIFIC TEs in the games (KELCE) in the biggest game of all.

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Draft because he is an athletic freak? Then make sure you take this guy too:

6’5”, 257 lbs

34.5” arms 

4.36 forty

39.5” vertical

11’2” broad jump

that’s Jason Oweh, DE

All that athleticism and Oweh didn't register a single sack last season.. At least Pitts was scoring TD's. 

Where was the Mike Gesicki love when he was coming out?  Dude put up great combine numbers.  6'6, 247lbs with a 4.5 forty, 6.76 3 cone, 41.5 inch vertical with 22 reps at 225 lbs on bench.  

8 hours ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Calling him a physical freak is under selling his value. Temuchin (Bucky) Hodges was a wide receiver from Virginia of similar physical aptitudes ( 6,6 257 run combine 40 4.57) but he never put up numbers near what Pitts did in college. Also he was a worse blocker (because tech played him at receiver) 

Pitts has proven he can dominate the best college can throw at him to say it’s purely because of his physique is insulting to the man

I was big on Hodges that year. He was still on the board when we took Dennett and I was like WTH? Dude just didn't want to play

9 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

There are always QBs, RB, OL, etc.. to draft. But how oftern does a 6'6, 240lb.,  4.4= 40, freak fall in your lap. New England won Super Bowls becasue of a freak like Gronk. We need to draft the freak. Go get Pitts.  

Playing devils advocate here.  What if Pitts is Evan Engram 2.0?

Pitts has more height but the other measureables are similar.  

14 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

All that athleticism and Oweh didn't register a single sack last season.. At least Pitts was scoring TD's. 

I knew this comment would come eventually. My point isn’t Oweh is as good a player, my comment was about the narrative that we should draft the guy because he is an athletic freak.

Oweh gives me major pause, even at 35...and I am a PSU fan and alum.

9 minutes ago, head busta from augusta said:

With zero sacks? Meh

sorry Beasley burned me, look like Tarzan play like Jane.

I agree the zero sacks is scary, see my comment above. That said, “plays like Jane” is also incorrect. He isn’t soft at all, but it still blows mind mind with the physical skills he has that he didn’t even fall into a few sacks by dumb luck...even if he was the focal point of OLs, great players need to beat that.

13 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Where was the Mike Gesicki love when he was coming out?  Dude put up great combine numbers.  6'6, 247lbs with a 4.5 forty, 6.76 3 cone, 41.5 inch vertical with 22 reps at 225 lbs on bench.  

I pushed Gesicki coming out, but that was just because “I was a PSU homer”. I was told no thanks, he can’t block, he is just a big WR 😂 

but to your point, similar play styles, though Pitts had better production.

side point, there is a sweet vid out there of Gesicki jumping over a teammate dunking a basketball. 

and then there is this...

and this...

scary thing is Freiermuth may be better, despite not being the same freak athlete

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree the zero sacks is scary, see my comment above. That said, “plays like Jane” is also incorrect. He isn’t soft at all, but it still blows mind mind with the physical skills he has that he didn’t even fall into a few sacks by dumb luck...even if he was the focal point of OLs, great players need to beat that.

Tarzan and Jane comment is less about him being soft and more him looking good on paper on in workouts, but it not translating on the field. 

The Falcons have a track record of drafting players with the physical abilities yet it not translating. 

Desmond Trufant

Vic Beasley

Jalen Collins

Duke Riley

Tak McKinley 

Ra’Shede Hageman

14 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Wasn’t it Madden who said “Potential is just a French word for ‘hasn’t done anything yet.’”?

Raw potential is great, but if you cannot unleash or coach it, it's exactly what Madden said.  Great post.