Hawks April Games Thread

jayu70

3 hours ago, therawest said:

Ok is that supposed to help damage bone or cartilage heal better. 

Well being a former Navy Corpsman and a current Med Tech this is what I know of it’s use.  The idea is that injecting PRP into damaged tissues will stimulate your body to grow new, healthy cells and promote healing. Because the tissue growth factors are more concentrated in the prepared growth injections, researchers think the body’s tissues may heal faster.  Sometimes doctors use PRP injections after surgery to repair a torn tendon ligaments (such as the anterior cruciate ligament, or ACL).

I think the reporter was speculating about the PRP injection because it  could be a cortisone shot to eliminate swelling.  Hard to imagine they would have put him on the court before the meniscus healed enough to avoid more damage in fact before the road trip they said the reason he didn't need another PRP injection which moved his recovery timeline up 2 weeks.

You usually wait a week to resume exercise with  PRP injections, you can go back to exercise about a day after a  cortisone shot.  I guess we will find out soon. 

Edited by insight

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

And yet we are so much better with Trae taking on more of a true facilitator and occasional decoy to open up others instead of feeling he has to score 35+ for us to win. He's even playing above average defense now too, which is a huge step up from before.

Trae has done the exact opposite of regress or get worse.

Collins and Capela are also wildly under-rated. Especially Capela.

We honestly have 3 of the top-20 players in this league. Zero doubt about that. I get that Capela is 26 so can’t make this under 25 list, but I’m just making a statement.

Edited by Beef

34 minutes ago, Beef said:

And yet we are so much better with Trae taking on more of a true facilitator and occasional decoy to open up others instead of feeling he has to score 35+ for us to win. He's even playing above average defense now too, which is a huge step up from before.

We honestly have 3 of the top-20 players in this league. Zero doubt about that. I get that Capela is 26 so can’t make this under 25 list, but I’m just making a statement.

Ron Pearlman The Goon GIF - RonPearlman TheGoon Yes GIFs

1 hour ago, Beef said:

To be fair Trae's shooting has not been very efficient and his numbers show it.  Hawks fans know he is focusing on other parts of his game like defense and making the correct reads but eventually he needs shoot better.  If Trae can get his turn over down and shoot more efficiently  especially in the 4th quarter the Falcons are super dangerous and he will get the recognition he deserves. 

If Capella can improve from the line, he can stay in the game late in the 4th quarter I think he will garner more respect. What hurts his game is the inability to score a 10-15 foot jump shot. 

1 hour ago, Beef said:

Agree 💯This team as a whole has greatly improved.  

19 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well being a former Navy Corpsman and a current Med Tech this is what I know of it’s use.  The idea is that injecting PRP into damaged tissues will stimulate your body to grow new, healthy cells and promote healing. Because the tissue growth factors are more concentrated in the prepared growth injections, researchers think the body’s tissues may heal faster.  Sometimes doctors use PRP injections after surgery to repair a torn tendon ligaments (such as the anterior cruciate ligament, or ACL).

Thanks. That is very insightful. PRP may be speculation, but if it isn’t sounds like he has a lot more time out. We will be lucky to see him before the regular season is over. It would be nice to have all our injured guys back for the last 4 games of the season because they will all be against lottery teams and we can adjust to them being back before the playoffs start. 

Dang, y'all.  That third quarter was just off the chains.  Whole lotta fun.  Clint denying Zion that dunk was one of the bigger "woo hoo" moments I've had in a long time.  Clint is an absolute machine.  He should get defensive player of the year without question...